it's good but it ain't no JZ lol.

lol shutup. you like my car. or you just lie to me
    2jz240sx
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post

Remember, "if it was easy, it wouldn't be cool!"
    wi240sx.OMGforum.net

Quote Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
    it's good but it ain't no JZ lol.
    At least my car is still a TRUE Nissan, Traitor. Plent of Srs making the big power of the JZs with 2 less cyl.

Quote Originally Posted by LIZMO View Post
    lol shutup. you like my car. or you just lie to me
    I do like your car.

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post
    Sr20 is a damn good motor.
    I stand by my KA24DET :P

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    All I can say is real men do it with Nissan Engines.

As for the kitten killers, they can do what they want

This is why we don't have FWDs FoxStang's Avatar
    Plent of Srs making the big power of the JZs with 2 less cyl.
    But they sound horrible, makes me think of mosquitoes. I'd much rather have the smooth powerband of the six cylinder.
    1979 Mustang- Needs trans
    2004 Explorer- Daily

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    All I can say is real men do it with Nissan Engines.
    thats fine, cuz im not a man lol.
    2jz240sx

wi240sx.OMGforum.net

At least my car is still a TRUE Nissan, Traitor. Plent of Srs making the big power of the JZs with 2 less cyl.
    yeah with wayyyyy more parts and money to it than i do. either way i didn't wanna do a sr cuz everyone has one. i figured if i was doing a swap might as well go big or go home
    and my car is still a nissan. thats what the title says. and the bumper.
    2jz240sx

wi240sx.OMGforum.net

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    thats fine, cuz im not a man lol.
    I was careful with my wording for a reason

so what I have heard so far was Nissan > Toyota and 6 cyl > 4 cyl...

Huh, just imagine if there were an i6 Nissan engine it would be like god or something

PS I have been saying this for years but when are we all going to get together for a cruise or a driving event at RA or GLD or something?

yeah with wayyyyy more parts and money to it than i do. either way i didn't wanna do a sr cuz everyone has one. i figured if i was doing a swap might as well go big or go home
    and my car is still a nissan. thats what the title says. and the bumper.
    How do you figure? My car is still a bone stock internal motor with new bearings, Cams and a larger turbo.

I dont see everyone with an SR motor in this area with a 240. If its so popular, then it must not be a bad choice.

If you cant get a decent amount of HP out of a nissan motor (what the car was intended to have) thats your own fault.

If you stuff a Yota motor in it you have a wannabe Poopra
    Last edited by nismodave; 03-17-2010 at 04:01 PM.

How do you figure? My car is still a bone stock internal motor with new bearings, Cams and a larger turbo.

I dont see everyone with an SR motor in this area with a 240. If its so popular, then it must not be a bad choice.

If you cant get a decent amount of HP out of a nissan motor (what the car was intended to have) thats your own fault.

If you stuff a Yota motor in it you have a wannabe Poopra
    less money per hp in her setup then into your's i'm willing to bet.

And there is a hole fuck ton of SR guy's in the area now. there cheap and there easy to do and there "JDM tyte yo" so thats why people do it.

you are one of a dieing breed in todays 240sx world Dave. People these day's are going bigger and harder then ever before. People that want 500+HP aren't do SR's much anymoe everyone is jumpin to the JZ/RB/LSX ship. even people on national s-chassis sites are switchin over.

Not saying your opinion is wrong but it's getting to be common to stuff a big motor in a light car. just like the muscle car days. do you frown apon a BBC in a fox body? or a LSX in a mustang? or a SBF in a Miata? fast is fast, people do what they want to do, more power to them for taking the road less traveled and less popular.

well put nicholas.
    lol.

and as for a cruise... im done whenever. well after a few weeks. im trying to have my car done by april 16th. so i can go to a 240sx meet and so i can go to RA that sat or sun. are you going then?
    2jz240sx

wi240sx.OMGforum.net

Well the money I put into my car might be more, but you really cant compare the 2. Obviously.

I hope that when her Yota motor gets "Played Out" or "JDM TYTE YO" as you put it, that you can find a motor that will be of use.

BTW, Nick, when are you going to build your OWN car?
    Last edited by nismodave; 03-17-2010 at 09:51 PM.

Well the money I put into my car might be more, but you really cant compare the 2. Obviously.

I hope that when her Yota motor gets "Played Out" or "JDM TYTE YO" as you put it, that you can find a motor that will be of use.

BTW, Nick, when are you going to build your OWN car?
    i never said it was "played out" i said it was jdm tyte cause all the new 240sx bandwagoners over the last couple of years just got the Sr20 because it was the "jdm" thing to do. i don't know why your getting so defensive Dave, you need to relax this is between friends and i personally think your giving alot more personal attacks towards me and liz then any of us gave you.

Im totally relaxed, Nick. Your view on vehicles and modifying perplexes me at times.

Simple, fast, reliable, available are all good reasons to do the SR swap. Its the motor that should of came in the car anyways. I think that has more to do with people doing the swap other than the "jdm thing to do".

well i was the one that decided to do a 2jz swap. not him. and i do what i want, not whats simple. (its fast reliable and many parts aren't hard to find, last i checked 2jz's were IN the usa, SR'S weren't) not what everyone else does, i don't care what ppl think about anything i do or how i look or act.

read my signature.
    2jz240sx

wi240sx.OMGforum.net

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    well put nicholas.
    lol.

and as for a cruise... im done whenever. well after a few weeks. im trying to have my car done by april 16th. so i can go to a 240sx meet and so i can go to RA that sat or sun. are you going then?
    My kouki will be running at RA that Saturday. Are you really planning on running your S13 at RA that weekend? If so get it signed up in D! You have any stuff done to the brakes on that car?

As for the whole motor thing...

Being perfectly serious. There is a reason that many people put an SR in the car, and the reason that it is in the car from the factory. The SR is a fantastic platform in the 240. Truthfully as a great all-around setup it is still one of the best ways to go. Inexpensive, light, HUGE parts availability, can make decent power, easy to work on, fits perfectly, etc. etc.

It will never be king of the horsepower latter really, but at the same time how many people *really* need over 400whp in an S-chassis (especially a light one with an SR in it). FWIW, while I am on the road courses I have my boost down as low as it goes, and even beyond that I knock out some timing from the car just to keep it somewhat manageable.

Also think about this for a second:
    C6 Z06 weight/hp = 3100lb/440whp = 7.04 lbs per whp
    S14 with 400whp SR = 2800lb/400whp = 7 lbs per whp

So yea I'll bet everyone discussing this can't truly exploit a c6 z06 on track, so what makes you think you can handle the 240?

As for drag racing, fucking around on the streets, and on the highway and overall "uniqueness"... I agree the SR isn't anything special.

Scissor doors and Neon lights were considered Unique. Ill take the trade off.

I had never really gave a shit about being different even when I was one of the first people in the Midwest to do the swap. I have always been concerned about decent power and reliablity.

And I sure did learn my lesson on those. The info and knowledge available now on Turbo motor from Japan is 100x then when i got into this shit.
    Last edited by nismodave; 03-18-2010 at 12:57 PM.

Everyone should have just kept the KA.. haha jk

Quote Originally Posted by cool_kat View Post
    Everyone should have just kept the KA.. haha jk
    Some very quick KAs out there.