its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar

heater core in 72 monte

mine decided it wants to start pissing in the car so i need to replace it havent done one in these cars are these accessed threw the ac box under the hood or are they under the dash any help is appreciated will have to tackle this after my back heals up

If it is the same as a chevelle,and most things are between chevelle and monte carlos, it comes out under the dash. You need to remove the six or so nuts on the firewall from the outside and disconnect the hoses. One of the nuts may require removel of the right inner fender to access it. If someone has had it apart before you might be lucky and they didn't put it back in. Then go under the dash disconnect the cables, ducts, and right kick panel and pull the box out. dissasemble the dox and remove the heater core.
    I just found this on the chevelle website. It is where I got the info when I had to do mine. http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257973

HE got it out. the new one is in the trunk of my car waiting for installation.

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    that shit is now where even close to how it came out lol see not everything on the net is tru

Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
    HE got it out. the new one is in the trunk of my car waiting for installation.
    yep and now its back in the car just needs to have the ducting put back together then its on to the brakes thanx dan appreciate it