Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Inventory Reduction Sale

Spread the good word - Everything at CCD except for FLEX buffers is 45% off. Inventory reduction sale. Coupon code "45OFF"

www.carcaredepot.com
    --
    Jon

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    JUST IN TIME FOR SPRING.

Very cool deal. Expect an order for sure.

Should people stick to one line of products or the other (Migliore or Poor Boys), or mix and match? For my car would the Frutta Blend Migliore be better suited than their regular wax? For spring I am re-purchasing all supplies, so this is a great time to have a huge sale!

Quote Originally Posted by STANMAN View Post
    Should people stick to one line of products or the other (Migliore or Poor Boys), or mix and match? For my car would the Frutta Blend Migliore be better suited than their regular wax? For spring I am re-purchasing all supplies, so this is a great time to have a huge sale!
    I wouldn't say its a necessity. If you wanted to use the Migliore wax, you'd probably like their wheel sealant as well. You can tell the Mig item's have some quality ingredients, but that also makes them harder to work with (large amounts of carnauba wax).

If you want an easy to use wax and wheel sealant - it's poorboy's. A great sealant - tropicare xp (or Bilt Hamber). A wax that will look a mile deep? - Migliore Primo.

Even if you did go with Primo, using Poorboy's QD+ would be a great way to help take it off. The Migliore detail spray is great, I just have problems with the bottles. Their tire and trim sprays are little spritz bottles, so they don't have any problems.
    --
    Jon

When you guys detail cars, what do you use? Does the color of the car matter on which products you use? Feel free to send me a PM if you wish with recommendations. White car, red leather interior.

K i have questions...

This whole polish/wax selection is rather confusing to me and i need a little guidance to make a proper selection for what im after as follows:

i have 1 dark colored vehicle, the TBSS in Red Jewel Tintcoat and i need something that will work as a great swirl remover and a wax or sealant that works best on a DD to keep it looking really deep. I have a Milwaukee buffer and a foam polish pad, does these products work well with that or just by hand app? This vehicle im really sensitive about keeping the paint protected on as it does see the most elements.

The other is my 10' Camaro in Inferno Orange which is another 3 stage color and im not so worried about swirls as the car is new and basically has none so far. But again im looking for something that will make the color have depth.

Ive been using zainos swirl remover and the pink polish stuff but it seems really greasy and leaves alot of grease streak marks and that i cant stand.

I see u mentioned Migliore Primo for greath depth, but what do the other Migliore products achieve? I don't see the clay on the site either? or am i just blind?

Lastly what would you recommend for use on external plastic trim that seems to dull quickly like the rear plastic insert in the bumper of the TBSS around the hitch or the bottom of the camaro's rear bumper where its black instead of dark gray on the truck. I want to make these plastic parts look like they have been clear coated but not greasy like if i were to use tire wet on them.

Thanks!!
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Quote Originally Posted by STANMAN View Post
    When you guys detail cars, what do you use? Does the color of the car matter on which products you use? Feel free to send me a PM if you wish with recommendations. White car, red leather interior.
    With white I'd use the white diamond glaze and then an easy to use/see wax or sealant. Like natty's blue or the tropicare sealant. A wax like the Miligore will be hard to really see which makes it extra hard to "buff off".

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    K i have questions...

This whole polish/wax selection is rather confusing to me and i need a little guidance to make a proper selection for what im after as follows:

i have 1 dark colored vehicle, the TBSS in Red Jewel Tintcoat and i need something that will work as a great swirl remover and a wax or sealant that works best on a DD to keep it looking really deep. I have a Milwaukee buffer and a foam polish pad, does these products work well with that or just by hand app? This vehicle im really sensitive about keeping the paint protected on as it does see the most elements.
    I would be careful with the buffer being a rotary, other than that SSR1 + Black hole from Poorboy's world should get the swirls out. Just like what I did to my Imperial Blue TBSS recently. As far as the LSP (last step product) I would look into the Bilt-Hamber auto balm. Read up on it, it's a sealant from the UK which wins awards for its ability to protect. It's pretty popular in Europe.

The other is my 10' Camaro in Inferno Orange which is another 3 stage color and im not so worried about swirls as the car is new and basically has none so far. But again im looking for something that will make the color have depth.

Ive been using zainos swirl remover and the pink polish stuff but it seems really greasy and leaves alot of grease streak marks and that i cant stand.

I see u mentioned Migliore Primo for greath depth, but what do the other Migliore products achieve? I don't see the clay on the site either? or am i just blind?
    Primo works great, I use it on my vette, their other products are easier to work with, but still deliver great results. It's just "greasy" and takes 2 passes with detail spray to really get off. You could just stick with a 2 process black hole + natty's blue wax and get nearly the same results, with less hassle. I still have some of that UK clay, PM me if you are interested in that.

Lastly what would you recommend for use on external plastic trim that seems to dull quickly like the rear plastic insert in the bumper of the TBSS around the hitch or the bottom of the camaro's rear bumper where its black instead of dark gray on the truck. I want to make these plastic parts look like they have been clear coated but not greasy like if i were to use tire wet on them.

Thanks!!
    Natural Look ... but it's going fast. I'll be out of stock on that real soon.
    --
    Jon

Placed an order, even with the discount it was still over $100, lol. Thanks for the great deal!!!

got some poorboys stuff I have been meaning to try. $44 bucks after discount. Thanks

Thanks guys - the orders from this weekend are going to be picked up today and most of you should see them tomorrow.
    --
    Jon

What would you recommend for a black car thats paint is 10 years old? its got some swirls as you'd imagine but i don't have the money to get into an orbital yet so it will all be done by hand.
    2000 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by 00formula View Post
    What would you recommend for a black car thats paint is 10 years old? its got some swirls as you'd imagine but i don't have the money to get into an orbital yet so it will all be done by hand.
    Black Hole Glaze + Natty's Blue wax will help to hide them, but if they are really bad you'll still see swirls in the direct sunlight. A porter cable random orbital can be found for a little over $100, that can do the job too - just might take a little longer and won't get the heavy swirls out.
    --
    Jon

Order placed going to try the primo wax and restocked on some microfibre thanks for the good deal.
    2007 C6 ZO6 427ci stock for now!
    2008 BMW 135i 3.0 of twin turbo goodness.(sold)
    2006 WRX STI-STOCK(sold)
    1994 Transam-640rwhp 383 procharged(parting out let me know what you need)

Alright I placed my order. Since you twisted my arm! haha
    2000 Firebird Formula

Thanks for the orders guys. I'll be running this until 3/19.
    --
    Jon

Tried calling the phone number on your site but never get a answer. Just wondering about being able to pick up product and alittle more information also.
    500 miles is a trip,1320 feet is a race

Quote Originally Posted by mr.gone1985 View Post
    Tried calling the phone number on your site but never get a answer. Just wondering about being able to pick up product and alittle more information also.
    Weird, phone didn't ring and I don't see any missed calls. I'll send you a PM.

Just placed my order! Thanks
    500 miles is a trip,1320 feet is a race

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    I need a shit ton of micro fibre's

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Few days left - sale ends Friday night.
    --
    Jon