Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
    Thats a perfect picture to give you a tip on... See the leading edge of the console, where it will butt up against the black floor vent surround in the truck? DO yourself a favor and cut the white plastic piece inside the console so that the console will mount flush against the floor vent surround. Just that little 1/2" x 1" corner white triangle on both sides will do. This will make it MUCH easier to slide the console forward and lock into the mounting brackets. Apparently the expy's dont have the same flat surround. On mine, that little white corner that sticks out was making it really hard to slide the console forward. If I would've forced it, it may've even preloaded enough force in the bind to crack the black plastic piece on a big bump.

Lookin good so far. You'll love the console, but seriously I think you should consider recovering the lid with the crisscross material I have. It is an exact match to the seat inserts. You can take a look once I get it out of storage and see what you think. I originally had standard black leather on mine... this looks WAY better
    Yes, you are right. Melman? From lightning Rodder was telling me the same about the white plastic. Well if you insist, maybe I could stop by your place and see your material, and how much did you want for it? I'm free Monday and Tuesday if you want to meet up.

I should be done with the interior Monday or Tuesday. I just have to tap the holes for the brackets and seat. Install the rest of the interior and move on to the engine bay area. The guy that is polishing the SC finally called me back. Should pick it up tomorrow.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free

Quote Originally Posted by OxmanWI View Post
    Yes, you are right. Melman? From lightning Rodder was telling me the same about the white plastic. Well if you insist, maybe I could stop by your place and see your material, and how much did you want for it? I'm free Monday and Tuesday if you want to meet up.

I should be done with the interior Monday or Tuesday. I just have to tap the holes for the brackets and seat. Install the rest of the interior and move on to the engine bay area. The guy that is polishing the SC finally called me back. Should pick it up tomorrow.

I go to the Y over by your place on my lunch hour. Are you around mon/tues right around lunch? I can meet up wiht you at the Y there and give it to you. Someone gave me this material for the same thing a couple years ago. It's free for you as long as you promise to pass it along to the next lightning owner that needs it for free There should be enough there for 2-3 more consoles iirc

I'd be interested in a piece for my widetop console if there is any left..

you get that KC installed yet or is that for this year?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLightning View Post
    I'd be interested in a piece for my widetop console if there is any left..

you get that KC installed yet or is that for this year?
    There should be. I have to dig it out to check for sure.

KC is on the docket for this year... truck hasn't even been out of storage yet.

Dave sent you a text message. let me know.

Angry and relieved at the same time. After 7 long weeks of waiting I finally got my parts back today. What a waste of my fucking time and money! Number one key to good business is communication. Some people don't get it. I WILL never talk to this dude again. I wanted to have this stuff polished but now I'll have to settle with paint. So fucking pissed off right now.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

what happened?

Just pulled out the material, there is probably a little over a yard of it left in square inches, but its kindof in an L shape. I'd say theres easily enough there for 3, maybe even 4lids depending how you slice it. Use as much as you need, but try to cut it so that IF theres enough material for a 4th lid, that you leave that available to the next guy... if there is anyone else in the future lol. Also, it was rolled/folded up when I got it, so I'd suggest you let it bake up in the sun a bit before putting it on the lid. Its not creased bad or anything, but kinda wavy. I let mine bake up a bit in the summer sun and it flattened right out like any other vinyl.

I have it in my car, so we can meet up tomorrow at about noon if you want oxman, and then when you're done with it, you can give it to BL.
    Last edited by animal; 04-11-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Sweet baby Jesus that material is super nice. Looks just like the seats. Garry did you want it?
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Yea if there is enough left.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLightning View Post
    Yea if there is enough left.
    Easily enough there for 3 consoles. Likely enough for 4 as long as you guys don't cut too much larger than whats needed for one lid.

Told you it matches Ox It can be a bitch to stretch into place though because its kinda resistant to folding but you'll get it with some elbow grease.

Garry sent you a PM, I can meet up on Sunday.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Last edited by OxmanWI; 12-04-2011 at 03:58 PM.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

BTW nice DD Mustang GT 40th. Best DD ever I'd say. Question is, how did you get around in the snow?
    Simple...

Somehow I got a GT with no abs and no traction control. Makes it even more fun... but you'd be surprised how well it does in the snow with those tires.

It's got a catback and shifter and thats it.

Glad you like it though. You'd never know lookin at it that it went through 4 winters eh?
    Last edited by animal; 04-15-2011 at 09:10 AM.

-Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Did you order that sheetmetal intake new or did you find it used somewhere?

I bought it new, I had a WTB thread for weeks with no bites.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

I bought it new, I had a WTB thread for weeks with no bites.
    Wow, nice. I just can't bring myself to spend 6 hundy on that. Just passively waiting for a deal around 400 used.

Hey dave thanks for the fabric. I can't recall which you had but I'm thinking it might only be enough for 1 wide and 1 narrow. I stopped by john at perfection auto next door to me to see if he possibly had any laying around in his fabric stash since he does all kinds of dealer repair work. He found it in his book but he had none. It was also offered in 2002 windstars the book said. Just a little piece of info.

-Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

I couldnt see the pic but if the one guy is right in that post, then yeah you'll have to remove the chip before tuning. Obviously you can't take the chip out before taking it to the dyno tho, so you'll have to make arragements to remove it or have it removed before the tuning session starts.

What size pulleys are you gonna run?

Not sure offhand which o2's those codes refer to...