Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone cut meat?

Im looking to buy bulk chicken for my dog. Anyone here work for a butcher?
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    that's too much $....

(just getting it out of the way)

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    my parents raise about 300 chickens a year we have about 50 chicks in the freezer at the moment, but i would think what we want for price might be high. each chicken weighsabout 12-14 lbs.

ive heard of others buying bulk for somewhere around @ .40/lb

chris,thats actually cheaper than buying "dog food"

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    50 lbs of dog food at Sams club for $34

Quote Originally Posted by PureSound15 View Post
    ever read what is in it?

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss View Post
    ever read what is in it?
    We did when we first got her, we tried to pick the one that had the least corn and other fill in it. Right now though, she's on a diet dog food since she got a little fat off of Raw Hides (it was the only thing that would keep her calm while we were training her away from seperation anxiety).

We bought the really expensive dog food for a while, but it was strange giving her 1/3 of the amount of food that we usually give her and it never seemed to fill her up. She'd just sit by her bowl and want more.

this is what i feed my 115lb male lab

it acutally has dryed pieces of chicken in it. he loves it. Of course he has been known to eat his own shit once and a while but he seems to like eating this dog food more.

http://www.proplan.com/products/ChickenRice_DryDog.html

my mothers boyfriend is a vet he says this is the best food you can buy. i pay 45 for a 50lb bag
    Last edited by That_Guy; 02-22-2010 at 11:13 AM.

^^ that stuff looks pretty good. I know labeling dog food is different, but as long as the first ingredients aren't fillers, I'm OK with it. I'd prefer it to be some kind of driet protein like chicken.

^^ that stuff looks pretty good. I know labeling dog food is different, but as long as the first ingredients aren't fillers, I'm OK with it. I'd prefer it to be some kind of driet protein like chicken.

its awesome dog food i feed him a cup of food in the morning and a cup of it at night. That seems to keep him in good weight along with the fact he doesnt begg.

= my dog begging... no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by That_Guy View Post
    its awesome dog food i feed him a cup of food in the morning and a cup of it at night. That seems to keep him in good weight along with the fact he doesnt begg.

= my dog begging... no dice.
    I didn't know you'd be contributing to this thread as a dog lover - rather, I thought you and your roommate would be in here celebrating your undying love of Meat

Sorry, Ron.

Let's continue with the adult conversation.

this is what i feed my 115lb male lab

it acutally has dryed pieces of chicken in it. he loves it. Of course he has been known to eat his own shit once and a while but he seems to like eating this dog food more.

http://www.proplan.com/products/ChickenRice_DryDog.html

my mothers boyfriend is a vet he says this is the best food you can buy. i pay 45 for a 50lb bag
    "Chicken, brewers rice, whole grain wheat, poultry by-product meal (natural source of glucosamine), corn gluten meal, "

or the way im looking at doing it,no BS fillers for less than half the cost. I cant find a reason a Rottweiler would be grazing in a rice patty or corn field.

you know what they consider "poultry by-product meal"? i can assure you it is nothing you would want to eat.lol

When you came out talk to julie. Se has look in to a lot of diffrent foods with out Great Dane. and that dog its not a cheep date.
    "My cars got miles.... Garage queens, that's your style"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwII0k2bSpM

Ten years ago if you had 500HP you were the man. Now days that means you bought a new car

We tried doing one of the "good" foods for my dog, he kept getting sick and then would refuse to eat. He eats dog chow now and is fine
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Food

This is what I feed my Great Dane Shelby.....not cheap but , I know it's good for her and since Danes have a very short life span I want to do what i can to give her the best....

http://www.evopet.com/products/default.asp?id=1490

I didn't know you'd be contributing to this thread as a dog lover - rather, I thought you and your roommate would be in here celebrating your undying love of Meat

Sorry, Ron.

Let's continue with the adult conversation.

on a serious note you gotta give your dog what works for it. my dog is a garbage disposal it eats everything . I'm very lucky to have a vet in the family after all the crap he has eaten in the past.. "including used tampons"

the pro plan works super well for him. seems to keep his coat in check. his shedding is down and he doesnt have a super oily lab coat.

[YOUTUBE]

after all the crap he has eaten in the past.. "including used tampons"
    Was that a used tampon from your gaping bloody wound that once was called an asshole?

Sorry I had to say it, carry on....

My rott has been on dog chow for about 10 years and is strong as an ox. He also LOVES to eat leaves and grass. Between him and the husky that 50 pound bag goes quick! Thanks sams club.

We've been feeding BilJac for many years. It's about $40 for a 35 lb. bag so middle of the road. We supplement their meals with a TBSP of cooked white rice. It's a good healthy filler and it's so crazy cheap. We just boil up a few cups every so often and when it's gone, we boil up some more.

I tried switching them to the fancy mostly-meat Evo but it was waaaay too rich for our Belgian.

I had my lab on Diamond brand food about 6 years ago but she didn't seem to care for it. It's pretty run of the mill food but $25-$30 for 50# so it was a pretty cheap food.