Softball Outfielders Wanted (maybe Catcher too)

Our softball team is looking to recruit some outfielders, and possibly someone who likes playing catcher, for this coming season. We are pretty set on the infield. Looking for some new outfield hawks because the rest of us aren't getting any damn younger...

We're a bunch of former HS athletes hanging on to what little skillz we have left. We are pretty decent but certainly not the kind of team who chews a guy out for making an error. The current ages of our guys range from 25-35. We play ball then go have beers right down the street at a sponsor bar or else right there at the park. The league is pretty evenly matched. We've finished anywhere from 1st to 5th the last 5 years and our record was about the same every year. We are decent but we lost a lot of our youth due to aging, relocations, etc.

Thesday Nights
    Butler Pioneer Park (124th and Hampton-ish.. 127th and Villard if you want to get technical)
    Games 630, 730, 830, 930

We are looking for people who are dedicated and reliable. In other words, people who are going to come to all of the games and not bail out last minute weekly because if you've ever run a softball team. there is nothing more frustrating.

Post up or shoot me a PM if this team, location, etc. sounds like it's up your alley.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Damn... might be too far for me for Tuesday nights.

I'll probably find something closer, but pencil me in anyway just in case, for now.
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

Put me down as a maybe for now, too much uncertainty in my life right now to say for sure either way. If I do join the team it would need to be for the catching (or pitching!) position because my throwing arm is trashed (probably for life), however batting should not be an issue.....

When is the first game and does the team practice, if so when/where...???

Thanks for the replies. Let me know when you guys know for sure if you're available and we'll go from there. We want 10-11 guys who are rock solid as opposed to a handful maybes. I hope that's cool and understandable. On one hand, we don't want to be scrounging 2 hours before the game, but at the same time, we don't want to have 14 people show up and half the team has to split the game up. The league usually starts late-April early-May and we usually don't have an organized practice together... people usually just run to the cages on their own.

Forgot to mention, if I join the team as a regular you can count on me being there every week. I am as reliable as the sun rising every day and Jeff (wikked) among many others can attest to that. I managed a team last year and every week it was a struggle to get 10 people on the field so I can relate.....

Who sponsors the team...???

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMax View Post
    Thesday Nights
    I'm fairly certain I can do Tuesday. Thesday, not so much

If you have room, put me down...don't mind playing catcher even.

chris
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Car Guy View Post
    Who sponsors the team...???
    Arriba Restaurant/Bar on 124th and Hampton. We worked out a half sponsorship this year. Meaning we pay a little more player fee but in return, she doesn't expect us in there spending money every week. It's about $20-30 per guy this way but then we don't have to feel obligated to show our faces every week. Going out for beers after a 930 game was kind of a drag.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    I'm fairly certain I can do Tuesday. Thesday, not so much

If you have room, put me down...don't mind playing catcher even.

chris
    10-4 Smartass.... I will count you in and get in touch with more details later on...

jeremy i played with u last yr in a tournament out in butler. jason hamel and chad asked me to play. you probably dont remember me since we did more drinking that anything. i already play weds thurs and fri nites but if you guys ever need a sub have jason call me. i would love to play fulltime but cant commit since i already play 3 nites a wk and butler is a hike for me. just keep me in mind for backup.

jeremy
    2008 Corvette Z06 (supercharged)
    2007 infinity G35x
    2006 honda cbr 1000rr
    2000 honda civic (daily driver)