2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar

valve cover questions...

OK here is the dilemma...I'm getting a set of fabbed valve covers and i did not realize that they DO NOT have any of the fittings for the PCV hoses or the one for the hose coming off of the TB..

my thoughts are i could buy 3 aluminum weld in AN fittings.2 for the passenger side 1 for the driver side.
    the front on the passenger side goes to the TB and the rear goes to a "T" then to the driver side and to the intake mani.. i could use nice SS braided lines or the nice black coated nylon braided lines.

would this work? does it matter were i would put the fittings? i would like to have them all in the back so they are not seen....

i just think it would be easier to do this(if it would work) instead of doing a ls6 Vally cover and or catch can...

IMHO the cleaner way to do it is the LS6 valley cover that has the breather right in it and exits right under the TB. That way the covers dont need to be modded and you can ditch the entire top mounted PCV system and reduce the amount of hoses on the intake.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Yeah i guess that could give me an excuse to paint my intake.. since it has to come off. i was just hoping i wouldn't have to mess with it.. at least this time i have the socket incase i break the oil psi sending unit again

Quote Originally Posted by 0TransAm0 View Post
    Yeah i guess that could give me an excuse to paint my intake.. since it has to come off. i was just hoping i wouldn't have to mess with it.. at least this time i have the socket incase i break the oil psi sending unit again
    I have a LS6 valley cover laying around too..... Just unplug the PSI sensor before yanking the intake forward to solve that breakage issue.

Hmmm how much you want for the valey cover?
    if i wanted to weld in some fittings i could right?(i know its not the best thing to dobut it would work correct?)
    i most likely wont because after reading about swapping the vally cover it does help with oil consumption so thats a plus.

Prob like 30$ bucks. You would still need a catch can with fittings in the valve covers because there is no baffles to keep liquid oil from getting into the hoses and back into the intake.

Tom i will take the vally cover. its going to be way cheeper and in the long run easier to just do it that way. and i get to paint the intake. not like im driving my car for a couple months anyway..

Tom could it be done like this? routed the way in the pic. with a catch can. i would only have to get 2 bulkhead fittings one for each valve cover. and i could still use the ls1 vally cover. (im really trying to NOT have to take it all apart again.)
    and if i get nice Black anodized fittings and the earls black braided hose for all the hoses i think it will look really nice and clean.
    i was thinking of the norris catch can with built in pcv valve.

Yeah that would work fine and doesnt deviate much from the stock type system except for that green fresh air hose that would go into the bellows.

on the diagram that would be the one that is already on the TB. nothing going to the bellow.

i didn't make the diagram took it from ls1tech..

It would actually work better in the bellows though as its fresh air at atmospheric pressure thats suppsoed to go in that tube, at the port on the TB thats technically vaccum which is then pulling 2 vaccum sources on the engine, something to think about.

Valve covers anyone

1999 C5 TT street car - 901/881 on pump gas, 10.82@137mph
    2013 Denali Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWC5 View Post
    Valve covers anyone

i still want them..

got the wheels today not sure when im off or home early next week or when you will be at the shop. but hopefully we can set something up to get them tires mounted and balanced.. and pick up them valve covers..