Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The prior generation in black with the big ass factory wheels looked way better. Now it looks like a swollen clit-model-tortoise. Isn't this thing mostly Mazda anyway?
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Well it's on the same platform as the Mazda 6, CX-7, and CX-9 and yeah it was designed by Mazda. Which is not a bad thing.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    I don't understand why they didn't do the 3.5 Ecoboost either. They really should be using that for their top trim. I think it's weird they weren't planning on offering it in the new Fusion either. They said the next gen but personally I think the current gen is just right.

The a car is just an underpriced minivan with no sliding doors.

The Explorer is a dinosaur.

I realize that I'm never going to take a SUV/CUV off road and therefore the body on frame Explorer does nothing for me. The Edge is just right for what I need. I need to be able to pull my boat, and would like something with AWD for my wife. The extra space is just a bonus. Which would help with our infinite trips to Menards/Home Depot/Lowes. Plus it doesn't LOOK like a gay ass minivan.

But styling is subjective. Considering the CUV's in it's class it's quit good looking. Nissan fucked the Murano up with the new gen. The Highlander is just plain terrible looking. The Pilot is another dino, and one with no soul to boot. LOL at the Journey and Nitro. The Traverse is too big and Enclave a little pricey. The new Tucson looks nice, but eh.

The Edge for me is just right.

Truthfully I hear ya. I just bought a CUV because truthfully it fits my lifestyle like you. I just needed it to be big enough to go to home depot, haul the dog(s) around, occasionally tow some furniture, and just be comfortable and nice. AWD, decent fuel economy, decent power, and decent handling is also what threw it in favor of the CUV over full framed.

And yea they screwed up the styling on the new murano. IMO the 06-07 was the best they looked.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    Truthfully I hear ya. I just bought a CUV because truthfully it fits my lifestyle like you. I just needed it to be big enough to go to home depot, haul the dog(s) around, occasionally tow some furniture, and just be comfortable and nice. AWD, decent fuel economy, decent power, and decent handling is also what threw it in favor of the CUV over full framed.

And yea they screwed up the styling on the new murano. IMO the 06-07 was the best they looked.
    Agreed. My wife has wanted a Murano for a long time. Then they redesigned it and I've hated it ever since. I love the CVT transmission in them too.

The Equinox is also a front runner for me right now.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    Agreed. My wife has wanted a Murano for a long time. Then they redesigned it and I've hated it ever since. I love the CVT transmission in them too.

The Equinox is also a front runner for me right now.
    Yea the new equinox and the terrain are really nice! Not sure if it has enough go for you, but the fuel economy on them is just astonishing for something that sized! Nice interior too.

Yea the new equinox and the terrain are really nice! Not sure if it has enough go for you, but the fuel economy on them is just astonishing for something that sized! Nice interior too.
    As long as it can haul my Alumacraft it's got enough go for me. The V6 has a 3500lb two capacity. Not exaclty sue how much the boat weighs but I'm sure it's not that heavy. Plus my dad is a retired GM employee so I the discount on it.

But this Edge is just doing it for me!

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The new equinox looks decent...

When I first looked at the terrain, I thought it looked good...but the more I see of it, the less attractive it looks. Look at the fenders on them! Makes it hard to see anything else on the vehicle afterward...looks tacked on.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    The new equinox looks decent...

When I first looked at the terrain, I thought it looked good...but the more I see of it, the less attractive it looks. Look at the fenders on them! Makes it hard to see anything else on the vehicle afterward...looks tacked on.
    I agree on the fenders. Also the front grill looks like a window air conditioner.

It's the more masculine version of the two but it missed the mark for me.

The T3/T4eclipse broke 2much:P BigSnailBuick's Avatar
    Looks like garbage to me. Guess we all have different tastes
    "Plus my rats come in packs like Sammy and Dean Martin, and I got soo many keys you'd think I was Valet parking"
    1987 Buick Regal Turbo T Limited- DBB 6766, ProEFI, E-85.
    2000 Audi S4- Nogaro Blue w/ matching interior! Chipped and a maintenance nightmare.

I like the current Limited Edges better then the new one but the new one does look pretty nice. The CX-7 & 9 also look nice as heck. Sadly I think the Fords look much better than their Lincoln counterparts. I just cannot stand that waterfall front grille being used on all the Lincolns.
    I thought I liked the tail light with its Gen 2 Mark 8 like neon glow but even that has become ugly on the Mark whatever that ugly thing is.

I'm not in the market for a new car and wont be buying anything for awhile but I'm a real holdover and while I guess I don't go off-roading I have been known to mount some chunky tires and go "off-road" and really push the limit of my current V8 Exploder and I have never been let down by the thing.
    I sure do not want a car based uni can with a tiny motor and car suspension like the next generation Exploder will be, Toreass based
    My next vehicle will be like an 04 Exploder V8 with AWD and all the options, just like I got now a 99 with 190k on it and running awesome. Actually that will be my wifes new to use ride and I'll get that old 99 Eddie Bauer, I was thinking of throwing a SFA under the front and lifting it 6 inches.
    Fiberass boats are heavier and I hope to acquire a nice 20 footer with lots of freeboard.

Look at the 2011 Edge Sport. Saw it yesterday at the Chicago auto show. Looks pretty sweet.

Posted by a Ford salesperson?

It does nothing for me. IMO.
    1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B LOS Build

This is why we don't have FWDs FoxStang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Windsors 03 Cobra View Post
    I like the current Limited Edges better then the new one but the new one does look pretty nice. The CX-7 & 9 also look nice as heck. Sadly I think the Fords look much better than their Lincoln counterparts. I just cannot stand that waterfall front grille being used on all the Lincolns.
    I thought I liked the tail light with its Gen 2 Mark 8 like neon glow but even that has become ugly on the Mark whatever that ugly thing is.

I'm not in the market for a new car and wont be buying anything for awhile but I'm a real holdover and while I guess I don't go off-roading I have been known to mount some chunky tires and go "off-road" and really push the limit of my current V8 Exploder and I have never been let down by the thing.
    I sure do not want a car based uni can with a tiny motor and car suspension like the next generation Exploder will be, Toreass based
    My next vehicle will be like an 04 Exploder V8 with AWD and all the options, just like I got now a 99 with 190k on it and running awesome. Actually that will be my wifes new to use ride and I'll get that old 99 Eddie Bauer, I was thinking of throwing a SFA under the front and lifting it 6 inches.
    Fiberass boats are heavier and I hope to acquire a nice 20 footer with lots of freeboard.

Just read about that the other day, next gen explorer will come standard with a turbo 2.0 inline four, and have a 3.5 or 3.7 V6 option for a bigger motor, also built on the Taurus frame. This saddens me.
    1979 Mustang- Needs trans
    2004 Explorer- Daily

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    no way I'd say this is 'hot' but its not ugly either. Just meh
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    The wheels are a little to much.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Any interior shots ?

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    I liked the previous one better.

Lol at the clitoreass comment by bad ls1

Post whore
    I don't like it!
    1999 Pontiac Trans am

5.0... It's what's for dinner. GTO RLY?'s Avatar
    Looks like epic weaksauce...

What is wrong with Ford? They are the kings of frump. I guess the Mustangs don't look too bad - but the trendy, retro pandering is getting old too.

05M6 CGM GTO - Svede OTRCAI, Bassani, minus 144lbs, self SD tuned with HPT2.23beta & LC-1