Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar

New toy...(again)not as cool as a .50BMG

I don't know, haha. Bought this to shoot the same ammo as the GSG. Also so that the girlfriend would have something to shoot since she's enjoyed it so much that first time. She's been begging to go again all week. So that's a positive relationship thing. Sig Sauer Mosquito .22LR reverse dual tone

Compared to my XD9 for size

I also bought one of these things since I always wanted to see just how far off the laser was on the XD as well as the red dot reflex on teh GSG.

Sighted in the XD for what I estimate the diistance to be for my normal shootng and it was WAY off. Probably about 4" down and left. I still shoot better without it, haha. SO I'm glad that I purchased this. Will do teh GSG when I go shooting tomorrow.

I've read some shitty reviews of the Mosquito. All kinds of FTF and FTE. Seems it really only works well with the CCI ammo. It did come with two recoil springs that you are supposed to switch out if you use some of the crappy "bulk" ammo. Seems alot of people aren't switching them out when they shoot the cheaper stuff. Manual says to do so. So I'm confident that this should shoot fine since all I really shoot out of the GSG is the CCI stuff anyways.

I guess we'll see.
    Last edited by Crawlin; 02-13-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Ol' School Ron North's Jewels Champion
    Nice. I know what my next gun purchase will be but I made a promise to myself not to use money I dont have. Nice to see someones living my dream

What's it gonna be? hahaha Let the cat out of the bag!

I got a nice tax return for going back to school. With all the special crap going on at Cabellas, wasn't too bad of a deal, and I sold some stuff I wasn't using(like my rock band 2 stuff) so that offset the price from something that just sat there. And it was worth it no matter how much to be able to spend time together.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    I don't know, haha. Bought this to shoot the same ammo as the GSG. Also so that the girlfriend would have something to shoot since she's enjoyed it so much that first time. She's been begging to go again all week. So that's a positive relationship thing. Sig Sauer Mosquito .22LR reverse dual tone

Compared to my XD9 for size

I also bought one of these things since I always wanted to see just how far off the laser was on the XD as well as the red dot reflex on teh GSG.

Sighted in the XD for what I estimate the diistance to be for my normal shootng and it was WAY off. Probably about 4" down and left. I still shoot better without it, haha. SO I'm glad that I purchased this. Will do teh GSG when I go shooting tomorrow.

I've read some shitty reviews of the Mosquito. All kinds of FTF and FTE. Seems it really only works well with the CCI ammo. It did come with two recoil springs that you are supposed to switch out if you use some of the crappy "bulk" ammo. Seems alot of people aren't switching them out when they shoot the cheaper stuff. Manual says to do so. So I'm confident that this should shoot fine since all I really shoot out of the GSG is the CCI stuff anyways.

I guess we'll see.
    look it up online and see what the manuf. recommends on ammo

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Are there any gunshows going on this weekend chris

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    They are picky about ammo. We got one to run well on CCI with the standard spring, needed a little breaking in.
    Last edited by MurphysLaw88GT; 02-13-2010 at 11:54 PM.

Yep, the recommended ammo is the CCI mini mags. That's what they use to test fire the gun. There was even a coupon in the case for $10 rebate when you purchase 4 packs or more. They also said the remington golden bullets worked fine, but all the reviews I've seen have said that they don't work the best. I wanted to have the least number of problems possible since the g/f would be shooting it more than i will.

Coop, I think the shows are up in Onalaska or LaCrosse this weekend and next. Brian was saying the expo center was March 6th. I'm up for that one on a sunday

I am not looking at a Sig Sauer P220 Classic .22LR. They also have a conversion Kit to change it to a .45. Just got done paying a ton of bills off so now I have to wait before I can go buy it.

Yeah I looked at all of those. The .22LR gun is like $328 or something at Bud's Gun shop. But to be honest, that conversion kit is like $400. I'd rather just have two seperate guns at this point, but will probably regret that later. That P220 and P226 conversions are very cool!

Shooting this morning -
    Sig was flawless. It has adjustable rear sights for windage, and then it comes with three front posts you can switch for elevation. I think I need to adjust the windage a little bit, but after getting used to it the girlfriend was shooting pretty good. At first everything was going left.

Bore-sight -
    Piece of shit. I sighted in lastnight, and it was off at the range. So I had brought it with and did it at the range, sighted in the laser, and it was WAY off. So far off it took forever to try and get the laser even close to what was a "normal" shot. I had done the GSG reflex dot as well, and that made that go way off. So what was once sighted in perfectly, was way the hell off now so I had to go through and fix that one too and then just put it away cause it was taking too long.

So yeah, that boresight was a piece of crap. At this point I might just take the laser off and sell it since I still am better without it than I am with it, or just pay the gun shop to sight it in perfectly. But if they use a boresight, it's definitely gonna be off, ahah.

dont get rid of the lazer i will get it dialed in for you chris

alright, one day we'll get that situated then. just was pissing me off that it was SO far off with the boresight.

I am really impressed with the Mosquito though. When firing it, it showed me something I'm doing wrong in regards to anticipating the recoil. Since this gun doesn't have any, I can see what I'm doing better. SO interesting day. The girlfriend was just in her own "zone" loading the ammo and having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    Yeah I looked at all of those. The .22LR gun is like $328 or something at Bud's Gun shop. But to be honest, that conversion kit is like $400. I'd rather just have two seperate guns at this point, but will probably regret that later. That P220 and P226 conversions are very cool!
    You are not the first person to tell me this. Granted I will probably us the P220 as a .22 more at the range then the .45. The way that I look at is that the P220 in .45 made by sig is about a $1000.00+. An buying this gun will come in around $900. But it will allow me to use the same gun and shoot the piss out of the .22 but will also give me the option for a .45 for home protection.

Don't get me wrong, if the girlfriend would have been comfortable holding the full size frame, I would have gotten it, haha. But they are out of stock everywhere too.

I spoke with Sean at Fletchers and he said he can get me a P220 for $530.

Chris can I borrow one of your guns

Just kidding. I need to buy me a gun

Nice!! I got to shoot Brian's P22 yesterday. I really like it, and am determined to find one for the G/F to shoot now!!

its like your deseart eagle,just dont push up on the clip

awesome fivonut!

like I said, it's so worth the ability to spend that extra time together and having her around.

that P22 was just too small for her hands. she wanted something closer to "regular" size for when she upgraded, LMAO haha

with Brians walther ppk i was able to put 2 clips in the head at 25+ yards all grouped so tight it looked like 8 rounds. If you dont believe me just ask him. he was amazed theya are great guns. i just want one that will do a longer range

that's awesome Coop! Beka and I aren't quite that good, then again I don't have an FFL as a brother, hahaha.