R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar

Tom, tuning question.

About to drop the coin on a UDP & Vararam CAI. There's a few posts on ls1gto about it being hard to tune a goat with a Vararam. Any truth to this?

All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

no even if you tune it static on teh dyno, it wont move around that much on the street at speed, thats the maf job to make sure the afr stays consisent when there is more airflow present.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

5.0... It's what's for dinner. GTO RLY?'s Avatar
    Dude, get a Svede intake. Vararams are a cheaply made product by comparison. I PMed him a while back about one... $300 shipped. Mine should be here in a month or so.

Supposedly the Vararam's issue lies with flow turbulence because of their goofy filter, which some guys are claiming is giving erratic MAF readings.

05M6 CGM GTO - Svede OTRCAI, Bassani, minus 144lbs, self SD tuned with HPT2.23beta & LC-1

Svede only charges $300?????? I had no idea they were that cheap.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

^^^ ive read about MAF turbulence reports with VARARAM too causing hickups, its pretty obvious in a graph data log of the airflow through the MAF. I jst tuned a G8 GT that had one and seen no turbulence issues but on the other hand im not sure how close that intake version is to a GTO.

Which now looking at the pic, i can see why they would be janky on a GTO, there is no way to straighten airflow out before the MAF, and it will only amplify the issue if the sceen is gone too in the front of the MAF.
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 02-24-2010 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Svede only charges $300?????? I had no idea they were that cheap.
    Yep, that's all they are. The backorder list keeps getting longer though. I ordered one on Jan 22nd, and he has 13-14 more to build before mine, so it will probably be April before it gets here, which is fine, cuz the Goat's asleep in a warm, comfy garage for the winter.

05M6 CGM GTO - Svede OTRCAI, Bassani, minus 144lbs, self SD tuned with HPT2.23beta & LC-1

Funny that I see this thead, I just placed an order with Svede.

Quote Originally Posted by GTO RLY? View Post
    Yep, that's all they are. The backorder list keeps getting longer though. I ordered one on Jan 22nd, and he has 13-14 more to build before mine, so it will probably be April before it gets here, which is fine, cuz the Goat's asleep in a warm, comfy garage for the winter.
    But it needs to be out for Road America in April!!! Oh and mines put away also I did take her out a few weeks ago when the roads where nice and dry. Got some fresh 93 in her and she was happy.
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 03-08-2010 at 06:31 PM.

You need to get that pickle dialed in!

Guess I'm looking at least June.

Mine should come just in time... I just got my own copy of HP Tuners pro 2.22. And with the snow melting like it is, I might be able to take mine out of storage by the end of the month.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Mine should come just in time... I just got my own copy of HP Tuners pro 2.22. And with the snow melting like it is, I might be able to take mine out of storage by the end of the month.
    Have fun tuning. Crazy all the shit you can do.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

The beta 2.23 version i use is even wilder, esp how much more the scanner can do.

I'll have to try it... when they can fix the "Definition Failed to Load" for my Grand Am. I haven't had a chance to hook the MVPI up to my GTO yet though. I'll be pissed if I get another one of those messages.

What did you guys pay for your svedes? I just picked up a Vararam with IAT extensions for 175 shipped.

Mine was $310 shipped UPS.

Got her put on yesterday. Going to work on the insulation this week.