New SR-22 for the boys

Since last Sunday, when a few of us went shooting up at Fletchers, Josh has been wanting to go back and shoot the Ruger SR-22 on the wall. His interest really peaked when we heard at Schultz's Gun Club that they were going to have a Rimfire league this summer. I had to admit, it is a pretty good looking gun and just like the Tapco 10/22 we have, you can accessorize the hell out of it.

So I took the kids up there tonight under the guise of doing some shooting but actually just picked the thing up. So now they both can shoot league this summer. Going to need alot of .22 ammo though..........nice that they both take the same magazines though.

Josh gets the SR-22, Braden the Tapco 10/22

Damn Scott. Will you be my dad too?

Jorja insisted that I buy her this pink Sig Sauer .22 pistol, she was disappointed to hear the answer was "no", at least for another 5-6 years. But she likes the new one, she just won't be shooting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
    Damn Scott. Will you be my dad too?
    I got enough that are legally mine, I have no more room in the Suburban anyway

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Hahahaha.

Awesome move as a dad! Gonna be spending alot of time having fun at the range watching them kick butt in competitions.

SO when's that M&P15-22 coming for you? hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post

SO when's that M&P15-22 coming for you? hahaha.
    Braden SO wanted that gun man, and I did think about it, but it is so much more cost effective, in my case, to have both guns be able to share magazines and other items.

But it was tempting....

very cool. all i had was a damn bb gun.

on another note, and not to sound like a dick in anyway, that pic of your daughter made me chuckle. the first thing i thought of is some anti-gun wacko getting ahold of that pic and using it in some silly anti-gun agenda. great idea though to get kids around guns young. it is amazing how much of what they learn when young carries into when they get older. i can still tell which of my hunting buddies grew up shooting and which ones didn't by the way they act when holding a firearm.

Good kids, seem to have good gun handleing skills. Guns pointed in a safe direction, fingers out of trigger guards. Hell, your kids handle guns better than some adults I know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by STANMAN View Post
    Good kids, seem to have good gun handleing skills. Guns pointed in a safe direction, fingers out of trigger guards. Hell, your kids handle guns better than some adults I know!!!
    yup, i have certain people that i will not hunt with after seeing how they handle a gun. ask them "didn't your dad teach you how to handle a gun", they reply "nope". says it all.

They have been learning. At first Braden would forget to NOT put his finger in the guard but he has come along. Both check the chamber after they run out to make sure it just wasn't a dud, clear a pipe, announce before they start shooting, Josh can clean a rifle...they are getting alot more than I ever did as a kid.

Nomination for father of the year: Scott!
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

Put the same Bushnell scope that is on the other Ruger on this one but had to get tall rings for it, even mediums wouldn't let you turn the zoom nob. Doesn't help that for whatever reason Bushnell only sends rings along that fit the skinny rails and not the full-size rails on the sr

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Braden scares me...lol.