Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Used Cummins Dodges localy?

Been watching autotrader and Craigslist mostly out of curiousity, dont see any CTD's on any dealer lots?

If this house Im waiting for doesnt come thru I've got a hard on for a CTD especialy after seeing the Powerstrokes fuel milage droping and breakdowns are growing with every year (6.4 didnt fix anything by the looks of it).
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

i have buddy that wants to get into a 2010. he has a 2005 or 6 with 36,xxx miles. it is the last year of the 5.9 whatever that was. loaded laramie, black, brushguard, cap, nice truck. will see him this weekend and ask what he is going to do.

That place by my house on 76th and Morgan has a 3/4 Dodge on the lot. Didnt catch if it was a CTD or not but one way to find out...

Economy Motors
    (414) 546-0905
    3505 S 76th St
    Milwaukee, WI

I would tell your buddy to keep his 05 or 06...

Lots of people are not happy with the new 08 and up Cummins/Dodge. From what I understand, the new emissions crap with the filter and the "recycle" to clean it has been nothing but problems. Basically the Computer dumps tons of fuel into it whenever this cycle happens, enough to get unburnt fuel into the exhaust so it burns in the exhaust and "cleans" the filter. Couple of people I know with them are getting terrible mileage (like 3-5 MPG less, 15-16 instead of 18-20) compared to their previous trucks, and theres a lot complaints on the web that it is so bad its getting fuel into the oil, etc....
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Also, there are aftermarket ECUs or flashes or whatever to remove that cycle but of course that voids your warranty.
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Quote Originally Posted by Moparjim View Post
    I would tell your buddy to keep his 05 or 06...

Lots of people are not happy with the new 08 and up Cummins/Dodge. From what I understand, the new emissions crap with the filter and the "recycle" to clean it has been nothing but problems. Basically the Computer dumps tons of fuel into it whenever this cycle happens, enough to get unburnt fuel into the exhaust so it burns in the exhaust and "cleans" the filter. Couple of people I know with them are getting terrible mileage (like 3-5 MPG less, 15-16 instead of 18-20) compared to their previous trucks, and theres a lot complaints on the web that it is so bad its getting fuel into the oil, etc....
    yeah, i told him to keep it. i sold another buddy the identical truck but with the 6.4 or whatever and he has lots of problems. gotta have the new thing though.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What years are you looking for Russ?
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

My dream is the 89-93, prime examples are 12-18k bucks, decent trucks are 6k or more so that dream is dead without extra cash.
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...price=&drive=4
    I would have to finance somthing so I would be limited to vintage. Older the better, every emision diesel I work on is a peice of crap, Ford gets worse every year and I HATE putting Isuzu injectors in chevy's, it sucks.

The Common Rail 5.9 isn't an emission diesel by any means...the 03's - 05's don't have cats or anything.
    -Tyler

Yea I work on those as well, Im all about any non DPF'er Cummins.
    Production numbers of the trucks and whats on lots says people like the 24mpg CTD's.

I love mine, I guess the really only complaint is the tranmission...which works just fine if you don't beat on it lol
    -Tyler

Found one I can get even if the house finaly closes, 4x4 Dodge Diesel!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-dod...item45f0c34b37
    My 7.5' plow will look funny but who cares

what the hell motor is that
    -Tyler

Buddy of mine has a 95 3500 4x4 i think he is looking to get 4k for it. 12 valve inline pump, its an auto tho which is why i didnt buy it... doesnt have a KDP fix on it yet either. PM if ur interested russ and ill get ya his number
    -Patrick

I r teh have da kewl now cuz of that ^^^^^^

"It's not a racecar if it drives to the track and goes home on a flatbed apparently"

Quote Originally Posted by WickedSix View Post
    Buddy of mine has a 95 3500 4x4 i think he is looking to get 4k for it. 12 valve inline pump, its an auto tho which is why i didnt buy it... doesnt have a KDP fix on it yet either. PM if ur interested russ and ill get ya his number
    Sounds like a pretty damn good deal
    -Tyler

The day I start seriously deciding on how Im gonna spend the money I've been holding for a house that the bank wont release..........GOT MY HOUSE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to driving my 1986 gasser happily

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bag View Post
    what the hell motor is that
    mitsu turbodiesel.....not too sure of the specs.

Actually, the first THE FIRST diesel dodge pick-up was a 1/2 ton, 4.0 I6 mitsu diesel...non-turbo. Iirc it made ~ 90-105hp....very slow, but would net mid 20's for mileage.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Blog Entries
    Russ, saw a perfect truck in Ohio...but it's 9K:

5 speed. I might had been tempted to buy this had I not purchased the LRT, lol.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

congrats!

house>truck

Been waiting since Sep for Oct close, then Nov...Dec ect. The very next day I totaly give up would'nt you know!

So now since Im dreaming, 1989-1993 CTD would be the topic since I wont have one anytime soon