Ford 6.7 diesel.....

is going to be a pile of junk. anyone on here work at a dealer? have you started the training on this thing? 2 cooling systems, like 5 thermostats, no valve covers, some of the worst parts of a 6.0 added for good measure, not enough head bolts again, fuel heaters?!?!? add the fact that the 11s need to run uriya (sp) at $10 per gallon and i wonder why anyone would consider buying one.

not to mention with all the other crap they are putting in the 11 superduty, a loaded lariat will be $60K. time will tell, but thus far, it ain;t looking good. hope i get proved wrong, but jeez, cummins should be able to be bought by now right??

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    ^^^
    a bunch of guys that have no idea what they are in for. they were just as excited for the 6.4 i am sure. what i find amazing that even with the track record, there are people ordering out these trucks.

the DEF is a joke. if i were dodge i would be bragging the shit out of the fact that the cummins doesn't need it.
    Last edited by 07ROUSHSTG3; 01-28-2010 at 08:33 PM.

This is why we don't have FWDs FoxStang's Avatar
    How often do you have to add the Urea stuff?
    1979 Mustang- Needs trans
    2004 Explorer- Daily

Quote Originally Posted by FoxStang View Post
    How often do you have to add the Urea stuff?
    there is a 5 or 6 gallon tank on the truck. they figure that it should last around 7500 miles under normal driving. problem is, if you run the tank empty the truck goes into limp mode and will only start 3 times after going empty. there will be a fill nozzle right next to the diesel fuel filler neck.

and use of non motorcraft urea voids warranty.

Ford hasn't had a good diesel since the 7.3....

This is why we don't have FWDs FoxStang's Avatar
    So, how does Ford know you've been using Motorcraft Urea?
    1979 Mustang- Needs trans
    2004 Explorer- Daily

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 07ROUSHSTG3 View Post
    i need to run uriya (sp) at $10 per gallon and i wonder why anyone would consider buying one.
    Shit, I'll just piss in the urea tank for 5 bucks a gallon. Might take a couple days to get it to 5 gallons though...my wife can probably kick in a little more than half the total and speed up the process too.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

^^^ u have all those dogs...time to start harvesting to fuel the urea tank
    -Patrick

I r teh have da kewl now cuz of that ^^^^^^

"It's not a racecar if it drives to the track and goes home on a flatbed apparently"

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedSix View Post
    ^^^ u have all those dogs...time to start harvesting to fuel the urea tank
    I thought of that just before you posted...therefore, I owe no royalties. Your reading of this thread acknowledges that you have forfieted any legal rights/future income regarding this idea. Sucks to be you.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMax View Post
    Ford hasn't had a good diesel since the 7.3....
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxStang View Post
    So, how does Ford know you've been using Motorcraft Urea?
    they will do it the same way they do it with their additive. expect the dealers to throw the customer under the bus. they are clever the way that they do it. they make up some crazy spec or ingredient that they consider essential, thus eliminating the magnusson (sp) moss act. .

What bullshit, I thought Ford might be one the right track by making their own diesel but I guess not.

I'm sure people will find a way to reprogram that limp mode bullshit.
    -Tyler