Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Toy....

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Badger has this one in stock I know since I saw it there. Just sucks they are so much higher than other places. Shooter's Shop had the regular one for the same price as online, but they just raised their prices on 'em to $649 and the used one to $479. And the used one is just a regular one.

I plan on hitting up that gun show next weekend, so maybe it will be there.

I did hear that H&K's are gonna be about $100 more than the GSG's. But I don't know specifics.

TaninAutoElectronix
    90 Mitsubishi Mirage 9.9@146, 800awhp
    04 Gallardo
    04 Lexus LS430
    71, 96, 94 Land Cruisers

that's just SIIIIICK, hahahaha. I have 4 mag's so I don't need that one, haha.

Just picked this up this afternoon and put a rail and red dot on. 500 rounds of ammo to have some fun with as well. Only problem is I can't go this weekend due to the 2 older boys being in the Dells for some confirmation thing. I will be hanging with my 10 year old all weekend.

2011 Chevy Malibu

Hahaha, AWESOME!

Total fun! Where'd you end up picking it up from? And is it the black or the titanium anniv. edition?

Fletcher's had a collapsible stock IN STOCK and that's where I got mine instead of online ordering. I don't know if they have any left, but I know they have the folding stock left as of late last week.
    Last edited by Crawlin; 02-01-2010 at 06:20 PM.

There's a gun shop over in Grafton that had it. It's the black, sorry for the crappy cell pic. I will be picking up the collapsable stock for sure, I don't think I like the folding at all.
    2011 Chevy Malibu

yeah, i didn't like it either. the collapsible is alot more comfortable than the regular stock(in my opinion).

If you check out the links I think I posted on this site earlier, there's a screw kit that's supposed to make teardown alot easier.

http://www.mygsg5.com/

keep an eye on the mags. Mine are pretty bad after firing so many rounds through it, and then the top part that pushes up on the round gets hung up on the dirt/grit. They are so easy to pull apart that it makes sense to clean them at the same time you clean the gun itself.

Thanks for the info on the mags, much appreciated. I took the stock off when I got it home and that bish was on there tight! lol. I am off tomorrow and Friday this week, so I may have to go play one of those days or both while the kids are in school.
    2011 Chevy Malibu

no prob... it literally is like 1 minute to take them apart, so it's just routine at this part. I've had a good number of FTF's at this point, so I really did a number on the cleaning. The bolt is still pretty gritty when you manually slide it back and forth, so I'll have to get to soaking that to clean it. Just don't want to stink up the house, haha.

did you get the gsg or classic army stock? I have a classic army retractable coming after hearing of the plastic gsg stripping the stops easily from normal use.

I bought the GSG one. I've heard ups and downs about both. The classic army one with the extension part covering the ejection port when fully collapsed, but I don't know who shoots with a fully collapsed stock anyways so it might not be that big of a deal.

It does seem a little flimsy, and i heard the classic army one is all metal(is that right?).

I'm a "want it now" kinda person, so it's hard to decide what to do and they had this in stock, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    I bought the GSG one. I've heard ups and downs about both. The classic army one with the extension part covering the ejection port when fully collapsed, but I don't know who shoots with a fully collapsed stock anyways so it might not be that big of a deal.

It does seem a little flimsy, and i heard the classic army one is all metal(is that right?).

I'm a "want it now" kinda person, so it's hard to decide what to do and they had this in stock, haha.
    The rails, butt cap and stuff inside there are all metal. I heard about the ejection port also and read even with it closed the brass has no problems exiting.

I am more along the lines of want it now but willing to wait if needed for a better price I saw some dumb bastards trying to sell the GSG's for nearly 2k because they are "discontinued collectors" guns..

this place has the best price I could find on the classic army for anyone else looking to get one or the other.

10offsale for 10% off.
    http://www.airsofttitan.com/a173m.html

yeah, $50-60 should be going rate on the stocks.

I heard about that 2k crap too. Looks like Fletcher's just advertised on Facebook theirs for $499. Gotta get the sig522 with the tax return, haha

I was at Fletchers tonight and handled that gun, it is indeed $499

You guys see the post on ar15 about the "silencer" on the SD models? It has been deemed an NFA item by the ATF and they are going to do a recall. I'm not sending anything in until there is some kind of official documentation though. It would suck to send it in then have them say no replacements and you are stuck with an ugly half a rifle.

That's kind of ridiculous
    TaninAutoElectronix
    04 Gallardo
    04 Lexus LS430
    71, 96, 94 Land Cruisers

Last edited by BlackLightning; 02-16-2010 at 05:41 PM.

Beginning of the end I say!!

See how easy it was for the ATF to do that?

They could do that with anything!
    TaninAutoElectronix
    04 Gallardo
    04 Lexus LS430
    71, 96, 94 Land Cruisers

i haven't heard a thing, and until I do, I am not gonna do anything. plausible deniability

ati needs to send a letter to teh dealers, and then the dealers need to look through their records and send the letter to the buyers of those specific models.

otherwise who is to say we knew about this or not?
    Last edited by Crawlin; 02-16-2010 at 07:34 PM.

I actually just emailed my dealer about it. I guess I'd like to get it corrected if it is indeed an issue, than to get my ass in a sling a few years down the road.
    2011 Chevy Malibu