Sheets Signs with A's

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
    what were they thinking? 10 mil? Sad to see him go, I always liked big ben but 10 mil is way too much.

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watch him finally beat the injury bug....
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    Watch him finally beat the injury bug....
    yeah, wouldn't that be something. maybe the warmer climate will help his fingers not to blister.

As an A's fan, I'm excited...the A's will have a great staff/bullpen and defense, to match up with the best....but still a terrible offense .

Even if he only makes 25-30 starts, he's worth 10 million. Also a Brewers fan (A's #1 though since I was a kid) and wonder if they considered him over Davis, about 4-5 million more but a hell of alot better/riskier. Guess they wanted quantity over quality, which might be wise...or not.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Best of luck to him. One of my favorite pitchers, when he was healthy. Loved his approach and his ability to just throw the damn ball and not fuck around on the mound.

Glad he didn't go to the Cubs or Mets, that would have been a career killer. Both of those teams aren't very lucky healthwise.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Good ridden...

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    see ya. No real loss in my opinion. Can't pay someone to sit and be hurt all the time
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

I would take Ben Sheets hurt over Suppan. Figured he was going to go. Oh well he'll probably do well. Does anyone know whats up with Capuano? Last i heard he had a second surgery and then he was rehabing and was hoping to make a comeback. That would be insane if he came back even if he was a reliever.

On the DL before the break..... book it.

When his curveball is working, there isn't another one that compares.Just too fragile IMO....

10mil? What a joke. I would give that guymore than 1 mil plus a ton of incentives.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    You guys make $10 mil sound like a lot in baseball. That's like what Wolf is getting from the Brewers, and he's no where near as dominate as Sheets is. Granted Sheet's has alot of health issues, but even playing 2/3rd the season most years he ended up with more wins then most of our pitchers who played the entire season. Plus he was always a great losing streak ended.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by jbiscuit View Post
    see ya. No real loss in my opinion. Can't pay someone to sit and be hurt all the time
    Especially a small market team....glad the man got paid
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

Cuttin' trees like Paul Bunyan wheelsofsteel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMax View Post
    On the DL before the break..... book it.

When his curveball is working, there isn't another one that compares.Just too fragile IMO....
    Hahahaha, you beat me to it.
    I was just about to say that he is actually worth 1/2 that salary, as he will be garbage after the all-star break if he is even playing at all.

HAHAHAHAHA QUOTE OF THE YEAR!
    "It was a very impressive workout session," Oakland general manager Billy Beane said at a news conference to announce the signing. "Ben keeps himself in great shape. We're anticipating him having a great year."

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

We shall see....

The A's are a smaller market team, or about the same, as the Brewers. They have been cheap while rebuilding though so they have money to spend if they choose. If Sheets doesn't fall apart, he will be nice trade bait by the trade deadline if the A's are out of it. It's not like the guy hasn't made 30+ starts in his career...only last year was he injured for more than a part of the season. I'm sure he will miss some starts but in another contract year, don't be surprised if he only misses a few.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

1/2 BCM POOL Tag Champs 97z2801ss's Avatar
    I was just by the A's stadium, we never play the A's anyways. I too like the A's, Sheets is a good pitcher when hes healthy, personally I hope he does well with them.

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano