Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Gleam in my dads eyes, I'm in my late 30's I remember quite clearly how shitty life was before Favre. I remember people thinking Dilwig was going to be the new savior, Brent Keil had potential, etc. People thought the Magik man was the greatest thing ever cause he beat the Bears after further review.

Yes Rodgers has played well, but he hasn't done shit. Sanchez, Flacco, Rothlisberger have all already accomplished way more then he has.

funny you give the excuse of what down it was. Boy I remember a lot of bitching about Favre throwing an INT when they were 3rd and long, and the INT worked out to be better then a punt. Who's to say there isn't a muffed punt or a TO. To say it didn't matter is nonsense. Cause people like you would be killing Favre if he had made that same play. But with Rodgers it's nothing but excuses.

I'm glad that people are shitting on Favre. Will allow me to move up a few rows at his induction in Canton in a couple years.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Page 3 of people not caring.

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    Gleam in my dads eyes, I'm in my late 30's I remember quite clearly how shitty life was before Favre. I remember people thinking Dilwig was going to be the new savior, Brent Keil had potential, etc. People thought the Magik man was the greatest thing ever cause he beat the Bears after further review.

Yes Rodgers has played well, but he hasn't done shit. Sanchez, Flacco, Rothlisberger have all already accomplished way more then he has.

funny you give the excuse of what down it was. Boy I remember a lot of bitching about Favre throwing an INT when they were 3rd and long, and the INT worked out to be better then a punt. Who's to say there isn't a muffed punt or a TO. To say it didn't matter is nonsense. Cause people like you would be killing Favre if he had made that same play. But with Rodgers it's nothing but excuses.

I'm glad that people are shitting on Favre. Will allow me to move up a few rows at his induction in Canton in a couple years.
    Sanchez has accomplished more because of their running game, the guys isn't that good yet. Flaaco hasn't really accomplished any more than Rodgers besides being in and getting knocked out of the playoffs twice.

Rodgers is a way better QB than either of those two, its a team effort. We don't have an O line and we don't have that great of receivers/RB's.
    -Tyler

I think he will be back for one more year. But i have been wrong in the past.

Its tough to say if he will be back. The players want him back even if it means he skips training camp so that is a plus for him. They dont mind if he misses. Favre has a lot to offer a team. There is a good majority of Packer fans that dont want him back because he is a threat.

Rodgers like I have said before is a great QB he watched the best in the game for years. He learned a lot and still has lots to learn. I just wonder if Rodgers can take the pounding Favre can. It amazes me some of the stuff he gets up from. Who knows it could be the Montana/Young combo that the 49's had. They shit on Young for a while but he turned out to be great.

did you say we don't have good receivers? compared to the ravens and the jets. are you kidding me?
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bag View Post
    Sanchez has accomplished more because of their running game, the guys isn't that good yet. Flaaco hasn't really accomplished any more than Rodgers besides being in and getting knocked out of the playoffs twice.

Rodgers is a way better QB than either of those two, its a team effort. We don't have an O line and we don't have that great of receivers/RB's.
    Flacco has won playoff games and does NOT have better WR's then the Packers. Matter of fact of those 3 QB's Rodgers inheirted a 13-3 team and went 6-10. Baltimore was 5-11 the year before Flacco. They then went 11-5 and won 2 playoff games with Flacco as a rookie. Including this year Flacco has already won 3 playoff games. And it's not that Baltimore had the dominating Defense that the Packer D was rated this year.

Sanchez took over a team that that shitty Favre guy ruined last year and as a rookie got them to the AFC Championship game.

Running game? Grant ran for over 1200 yards and was 7th in the league. Last year he was 12th in the league. Still pretty good. Especially consider Balt last year's best runner was 26th, and this years was 8th.

Sounds to me like individual stats are way more important to some of you guys then team wins. That's nice. I thought you guys were Packer fans, not fans of specific players?

I'm just fucking around anyways. I love arguing sports.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by KRAUSED View Post
    and i bet Ahole Rodgers breaks none of these...oh wait he is the leading passer for the last two years whoopie ,oh and he was SACKED more times then any quarter back this year.He is off to a great start..the new god of the packers...
    People like you are trying to compare apples to oranges.

Lets see, Favre a veteran of the game has been in the league for almost 2 decades compared to Rodgers who just played his 2nd season as a starter, not a backup.

The only thing you can compare and be legit about it would be each of their first two seasons as starters, period.

Also, Im wonder why you called him an Ahole? What has he done thats so terrible to warrant calling him that? Or are you just bitter to be bitter?

It is unfair to call Rodgers an Ahole. It's hard to say who he is. He's so far showed zero personality. He's been so well groomed to say nothing like the coach and GM that it's impossible to tell what kind of person he is. Honestly I'm not sure why anybody bothers interviewing him. Hopefully he'll get the cajones to actually speak his mind someday. I'd like to know if he's likeable or not.

That's the reason why Favre is so beloved across the country. Because when he speaks he doesn't just give you the standard answers all the time. He'll say what he's feeling at that moment. Now some people may say that's all BS. That's fine. But he's been that way his whole career. It's why people root for him and against him. I'm sure wherever people themselves work at they'd like to smack the crap out of the employee there who spouts off the company line all the time.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

I truly love how ALL of the Packer "homers" Hate favre and think rodgers is god...he is a good young qb...FAVRE IS A LEGEND...end or discussion.

next who ever said the packers have no wr's or rb's must not watch football...WOW
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by hrsp View Post
    I truly love how ALL of the Packer "homers" Hate favre and think rodgers is god...he is a good young qb...FAVRE IS A LEGEND...end or discussion.

next who ever said the packers have no wr's or rb's must not watch football...WOW
    Driver, Jones, Jennings, Nelson are all terrible. None of them can catch a ball. That Driver guy is probably one of the worst in the leauge. Dont give me this Packers have no receivers.

if he comes back, it will be an automatic two loses for greenbay once again.... And what I dont get is why people are saying age effects him at this point... maybe mentally, but after his surgery he said he felt better then he has in years, and i think this past season proved it..... and he said he was all purple on one side..... big deal, have you never had a bruise that didn't go away?
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

Quote Originally Posted by Silver03SRT View Post
    Driver, Jones, Jennings, Nelson are all terrible. None of them can catch a ball. That Driver guy is probably one of the worst in the leauge. Dont give me this Packers have no receivers.

Driver is one of the worst in the league? Wow, this is fucking gold...

1,012 yards and 5 touchdown catches equals terrible? I will say its not outstanding but its good.
    Last edited by Nix; 01-27-2010 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post

1,012 yards and 5 touchdown catches equals terrible? I will say its not outstanding but its good.
    Going by the last line in his post I think he was being sarcastic. Damn people not using the sarcasm font.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post

It was ment as a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Silver03SRT View Post
    It was ment as a joke
    Fuck! My bad dude, I apologize. Use the damn smilies! They are there for fuckups like me who can't notice when sarcam is being used!! Again, my bad.

I have little to add to this thread, so I will leave you all with this.

But I do hope he says he will retire, then repeats history and goes to another team.
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda69 View Post
    did you say we don't have good receivers? compared to the ravens and the jets. are you kidding me?
    I said we don't have great receivers, and I made absolutely no comparison to the Ravens or the Jets. So no...I didn't say that.

Compare our receivers to the receivers of the Vikings, nuff' said.

Sanchez DID NOT take over the same team Favre had last year, new head coach, new coaching scheme, new everything but most of the players. Sanchez would have been awful if Mangina was still HC.
    -Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by hrsp View Post

If you're talking about me, I never said that. I said we don't have great receivers. They are GOOD (besides Nelson, who is ok at best), but none of them are top tier receivers.
    Last edited by T-Bag; 01-27-2010 at 10:47 PM.
    -Tyler

^ The packers pass catching group wr/te is one of the better ones in the league...id say top 10ish? and i dont like the packers...i just call it how it is....
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"