Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Min/ Saints

Quote Originally Posted by 70 cutlass 442 View Post
    /\/\ your also a Chrysler fan, so im just going to assume bad taste is more of a personality trait then an opinion.
    hahahaha, fuck yerself
    Last edited by 70challenger452; 01-25-2010 at 02:23 PM.

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

\/ What amazing looks like \/

Quote Originally Posted by Greg@GLD View Post
    Ye maker of the "where's the Farve Haters" thread... There might be poop from his jockstrap in your eyes. Maybe you missed the part where all they needed to do was get a couple more yards to give another former Packer a chance to get them into the Superbowl? AFTER the costly fumbles and the first interception, they had the game right there. And like we've seen so many times over the past 20 years, your hero did something stupid. He is what he is; he can be great and he can be horrid. In big games he has done this over and over again. That is simply fact.

He has played for two decades and has been to two Superbowls. It's his desire to be Super-BreNt that these things happen. In the big games he has had far more shitty games than good ones. Entire seasons down the drain in a moment of stupidity.

"Rise and shine campers! IT'S GROUNDHOG DAY!"
    Is your brain reading what your hands are typing? A few yards since when is 9 or 10 yards a few yards? Had the fumbles never happened they wouldnt have needed those "few yards" Also how about the pass interference calls. I love how you narrow minded Favre haters say everything is his fault. Now lets pretened. OK PRETEND that he hit a guy in the end zone 4 times wide open and that guy drops the ball for 4 TD's the game is tied and Favre throws teh int. Who really blew that game? Yes he threw the int and it did NOT result in a TD so that didnt blow the game. I know 51 yard field goals are very common and simple to make but the penalty for 12 men in the huddle was what hurt them too. Maybe that was Favre fault too. Either way you Favre haters got your wish.

Awesome. I'm very happy with the outcome of this game.

You win as a team and lose as a team. Lots of people said Vikings are a well rounded team its not just Favre but when they lose it is jst Favre. So hypocritical. Now lets all just be friends and move on. This is probably worse than politics. Vikings lost lots of people got their wish. Lets look forward to next season where Favre will come back and the Packers are playing again.

you guys are hilarious. when the packers lose to arizona it is rodgers fault. when the vikings lose to the saints, it is the refs, and the fumbles, and the noise. face it. favre blew it. he should have ran and slid. instead he throws an interception and they lose the game because of it. favre couldn't take the pressure and the hits. he looked 40 before the game, during the game, and after the game.

You kiddies have to remeber thats its not all Bretts fault. He did however put the final nail in the coffin. Don't forget all the fumbles, not to mention two of them were in the redzone.

Carry on with your hate.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar

oh ya f-u coop
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

5.0... It's what's for dinner. GTO RLY?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by That_Guy View Post

Favre, the best choke artist to play the game.

05M6 CGM GTO - Svede OTRCAI, Bassani, minus 144lbs, self SD tuned with HPT2.23beta & LC-1

Ol' School
    One hell of a game. I enjoyed every second of it and couldnt believe he threw that pass but also couldnt not answer why there were so many fumbles. I didnt care which team won going in until the wifey wanted to bet so I picked saints only to poke at her (not literally).

In the end it just shows me the OT rule is sooooo out of place. Never been a fan of one score to win. Wish goodell would do something to change that.

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by MoCkiN U View Post
    In the end it just shows me the OT rule is sooooo out of place. Never been a fan of one score to win. Wish goodell would do something to change that.
    I dont get this. The defense is just as important as the offense and should be able to make the plays as well and stop the offense. IMO, both sides have an opportunity to win, it just comes from both sides of the team. Why do both offenses need a chance to play? didnt they just have 60 minutes to try? Let the defense do their job and hold. Sometimes I would hate to see another or full series for both sides. Most times they are spent already and it would end up being who lays down first.
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    after watching HS and college games do OT their way, I think it'd be more exciting to see the NFL go the same route...FAR more exciting imo.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Ol' School
    Quote Originally Posted by prince valiant View Post
    after watching hs and college games do ot their way, i think it'd be more exciting to see the nfl go the same route...far more exciting imo.
    x2

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    after watching HS and college games do OT their way, I think it'd be more exciting to see the NFL go the same route...FAR more exciting imo.
    I'm not familiar. How do they do it?

Ol' School
    seriously?^

one team scores then the other team gets a chance to match the score. so if saints scored field goal, then vikings would get the ball to try and score field goal to continue in OT or score TD to end the game. Its like another quarter but they are matching score for score until one team cant. It would eliminate the fumble by QB returned for TD to end the game like we have seen this year

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

The QB not fumbling for a returned TD would ultimately avoid ending the game as well. lol

I don't think the rule needs to be changed at all.
    2011 Chevy Malibu

i thought that the game would have still ended with a turnover for points?!?! that was there chance to score and they didn't. so what would they have done? given the packers another kickoff???

<--- confused

Quote Originally Posted by MoCkiN U View Post
    seriously?^

one team scores then the other team gets a chance to match the score. so if saints scored field goal, then vikings would get the ball to try and score field goal to continue in OT or score TD to end the game. Its like another quarter but they are matching score for score until one team cant. It would eliminate the fumble by QB returned for TD to end the game like we have seen this year
    Seriously. I never played or watched HS football in HS, and I don't watch College football.

Thanks for the clarification. That sounds like it would be MUCH better then the current way it's scored.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    I'm not familiar. How do they do it?
    It's starts similar to a regular NFL OT in that a coin toss determines which team wishes to go first or second. Then it's decided which goal by the team that didn't recieve the choice.

Each team gets a 1st and 10...in college, it's on the 25, in HS in WI it's on the 10. In college you can earn a first down on yardage, in H.S., something convoluted would have to happen for this to occur...generally if a first down is awarded, it by penalty. In college, the defense can score on a turnover, in H.S., generally no...genrally turnovers simply end one teams chance of scoring, and makes it...which could make it a win if your team scored on the previous possession, or make it so that your team then wins on the subsequent score...when each team goes through their possession, that's 1 OT.

Here at Greendale, the most exciting game was one in which it ended in OT tied at 20-20 against NB-Ike. The first two possession for both ended in turnovers or on downs/missed fieldgoal (very very very sloppy conditions). GD was able to make a great TD on a great 4th down toss (field goals were that unreliable with a team constantly on that side of the field, trying to run it up the middle...nothing but slop). GD then pushed Ike back to the 25 yard line on 4th down after two consecutive sacks, and it was looking like a GD victory...just prevent the TD, and wouldn't you know it; Ike sends one into the endzone over our best cornerback to score. Rather than go for an extra point (as we successfully DID pull off), they went for two....ran wildcat, and it literally came to one player to make a tackle to save the game with about a yard to spare...GD won.

EACH possession felt HUGE. It felt like there was no margin for error at any point during the game. When your defense was on the field it was big, when your offense was on the field, it was big. You always knew what was needed to win.

After that IKE game, I thought I had an ulcer, lol.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Don Majkowski had a great first 2-3 seasons and then what happened to him?
    Really? A Majkowski to Rodgers comparison. If Rodgers doesn't have a far more successful career than Majkowski (barring a freak death) I'll do a lap on highway 100 butt naked. Majik had one very nice season but even that didn't compare to either of Rodgers so far.

I think it shouldn't surprise anyone why people around here like Rodgers and are sick of Favre...one is a Packer, one isn't most importantly...among other things.
    Last edited by PB86MCSS; 01-25-2010 at 10:45 PM.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares