Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrath View Post
    I wouldn't get on a track with your POS for fear it'd have something fail and kill me, let alone damage anything of mine. And then when your dilapidated POS did ruin something of mine, or kill me, out of no fault of my own I'd be afraid you'd be a giant sleevevag and wouldn't even so much as apologize. That's what the guy in the GCSRT8 should have been thinking when he got on the track.
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

My car may not be painted but it is paid for. And it was paid for with out mommy signing onto the note...

and that affects my decision in putting it into a circle track race..... how?
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    My car may not be painted but it is paid for. And it was paid for with out mommy signing onto the note...
    So now it's about your car and you?
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

Your moms gonna be pissed if you wreck her station wagon.

My analogy was refering to the staging lanes at the dragstrip. Douche canoe in the blazer would prolly be no less likely to intentionaly pile into the Jeep than he would pile into it in the stagging lanes or pits at the dragstrip.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by wrath View Post
    I wouldn't get on a track with your POS for fear it'd have something fail and kill me, let alone damage anything of mine. And then when your dilapidated POS did ruin something of mine, or kill me, out of no fault of my own I'd be afraid you'd be a giant sleevevag and wouldn't even so much as apologize. That's what the guy in the GCSRT8 should have been thinking when he got on the track.

Right... This is what your example taught me:

Mountain climbing is dangerous and things can malfunction and I could get hurt or even killed so I shouldn't go. But if I do go it's okay if the guy next to me pushes me off. He probably won't apologize for pushing me off, cause he is a sleevevag. That's what I should have been thinking when I started climbing.

You guys are delusional if you think this is normal, and the blazer driver is anything short of a d-bag. Remind me never to drive even remotely close to you, as you may think it is acceptable to RAM into my car, shoot me over a parking space, or the like.

its at a roundy round track stuf like this happened to 'outsiders' all the time at my home track...what kinda knobshine is stupid enough to put their nice car into any form of a race expecting nothing to happen?
    -Patrick

I r teh have da kewl now cuz of that ^^^^^^

"It's not a racecar if it drives to the track and goes home on a flatbed apparently"

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    Right... This is what your example taught me:

Mountain climbing is dangerous and things can malfunction and I could get hurt or even killed so I shouldn't go. But if I do go it's okay if the guy next to me pushes me off. He probably won't apologize for pushing me off, cause he is a sleevevag. That's what I should have been thinking when I started climbing.

You guys are delusional if you think this is normal, and the blazer driver is anything short of a d-bag. Remind me never to drive even remotely close to you, as you may think it is acceptable to RAM into my car, shoot me over a parking space, or the like.
    Not quite. I didn't say anything about anyone intentionally ramming into anyone. I said the reason he shouldn't have lined up his $40k MSRP ($30k real price) GCSRT8 against a no-newer-than-1994 dilapidated S10 Blazer because he's in a POS that might fail.

What I'm saying is that don't go rock climbing with a guy that uses binder clips and old hemp necklaces for climbing gear.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by RanJer View Post
    Did someone say it was illegal? It's on a racetrack.. Therefore any "accident" isn't illegal, not like he can call it a hit and run.. Why don't you take whatever it is you drive to Slinger for a spectator race and see what happens.

Nope, no one said it was illegal.. I simply was pointing out the fact there WAS nothing illegal. They both signed up to race, they were fueding, and the Blazer guy took advantage of a loophole.

Would you all be calling the SRT owner a douche if he slammed into the POS Blazer?

I wouldn't take my Daily Driver to a spectator race, but I would buy a POS Blazer, convince my enemies into racing their daily drivers onto a track and smash into their ass.. Ultimate revenge with no repercussions.

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    ^^ no repercussions as long as they don't come find you and pull a gun or something...

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Agreed, but then they're on the legal end.. I mean by the books.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure that just because there is a waiver signed, the owner of the SRT doesn't/didn't still have legal rights to seek restitution. I'm not sure those waivers cover intentional acts of malice, as the ramming clearly was imo. The track might be protected, and the blazer might be protected if there was truly an accident/breakage...but to willfully do what he did is another thing. An hyperbolic example would include pulling out a gun and shooting at the SRT...sure, a waiver was signed, but it wouldn't keep the police from busting the blazer driver.

That said, there probably isn't much the SRT can take from the guy...
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Oh shit ho!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

poooor srt8...it can come live with me....lol
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by JaMichaels View Post
    Would you all be calling the SRT owner a douche if he slammed into the POS Blazer?
    nope... but I'd still be laughing just as hard
    2008 Yamaha FZ6

Wow, I can't beleive how far this has gone from a funny video!

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    I'm not sure that just because there is a waiver signed, the owner of the SRT doesn't/didn't still have legal rights to seek restitution. I'm not sure those waivers cover intentional acts of malice, as the ramming clearly was imo. The track might be protected, and the blazer might be protected if there was truly an accident/breakage...but to willfully do what he did is another thing.

^^^ This. I'm sure there is a waiver to protect the track and ensure that all racers are aware that "accidents happen," but I also think there would be a legal route for the SRT8 driver to seek.

If I'm at a gun range and laugh as I shoot you in the foot ... would it be OK because we're at a gun range where people shoot loaded guns?

I'm sure it has something to do with "With malice"

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Good point Ryan.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by PureSound15 View Post
    ^^^ This. I'm sure there is a waiver to protect the track and ensure that all racers are aware that "accidents happen," but I also think there would be a legal route for the SRT8 driver to seek.

If I'm at a gun range and laugh as I shoot you in the foot ... would it be OK because we're at a gun range where people shoot loaded guns?

I'm sure it has something to do with "With malice"
    I hope so. Actually, look at the woman who took her son to the shooting range, shot and killed him. It was intentional (and caught on camera, such as this), and therefore she went to prison.

The guy in the Blazer deserves to have his nuts blown off by a thousand firecrcackers while he is tied to a freezing steel post and pissed on.

It's just a Jeep.......
    2008 Yamaha FZ6