Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    So what happened. Where the f is the back story? This SRT8 guy has to be on a forum somewhere.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    So what happened. Where the f is the back story? This SRT8 guy has to be on a forum somewhere.
    If you look through the comments, someone claims to know a little of the story...but doesn't give too much detail.

The gist of it was that the two guys had it in for each other for sometime, and wanted to settle a score (maybe it was about their respective vehicles or something, hence the race to "settle it"). They raced at the track at which point the blazer driver purposely rammed the srt, high-tailed it back to his place later. The SRT driver would later show up at the dude's house, but found the blazer driver had all his friends waiting for him.

That was as much as I gleaned from it...why they disliked each other, what score did they want to settle, why racing was the appropriate means to settle it, what ended up happening to the jeep, the two guys, or anything was never mentioned.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

This is why we don't have FWDs FoxStang's Avatar
    That sucks, good time to find out how creative he can get with his insurance company.
    1979 Mustang- Needs trans
    2004 Explorer- Daily

Senior Member..now yer posting! Adam Brooks's Avatar
    ROFL that shits hilarious

UUC short shifter, M5 sway bars, Eibach springs, Miller MAF, M5 side skirts, euro 7 brake ducts, 17x8front 17x9 rear speedline Mistral and ACS Type II wheels, euro smileys, 6K HID

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    I didn't see anything illegal? All I see is a stupid SRT owner, that got shit talked by guy in Blazer, agreed to a race and Blazer went for the destruction. Blazer guy cant be sued or punished, that's what the SRT gets for going on the track with someone he was in an argument with.

Quote Originally Posted by JaMichaels View Post
    I didn't see anything illegal? All I see is a stupid SRT owner, that got shit talked by guy in Blazer, agreed to a race and Blazer went for the destruction. Blazer guy cant be sued or punished, that's what the SRT gets for going on the track with someone he was in an argument with.
    Did someone say it was illegal? It's on a racetrack.. Therefore any "accident" isn't illegal, not like he can call it a hit and run.. Why don't you take whatever it is you drive to Slinger for a spectator race and see what happens.
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    spectator eliminator at its finest. SRT8 guy should have known the risks before he entered. He very easily could have wrecked on his own with no one hitting him. Insurance won't cover that. Just like wrecking at GLD. If you put your street car on the track in a sanctioned event, your insurance goes out the window. There may be special coverage for stuff like that, but most general policies don't cover it. go check out the spectator eliminators at slinger. people crash all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
    Looks like 88Nightmare's Blazer. Mike was that you?
    I plead the 5th

Actually the white battle blazer has been parked on the side of the driveway since thanksgiving awaiting an ignition module. I got the part... just too lazy to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

Double Post. Plz Delete.
    02 TLR

Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare View Post
    If you put your street car on the track in a sanctioned event, your insurance goes out the window. There may be special coverage for stuff like that, but most general policies don't cover it. go check out the spectator eliminators at slinger. people crash all the time.
    Basically covers it. With any track, Slinger.. RA.. you wreck.. it's your ass. You sign a disclaimer, etc.. You should understand the possible outcomes of YOUR decision.
    02 TLR

Quote Originally Posted by JaMichaels View Post
    Like Harry said, rubbin's racin'. But deliberately smashing into a $45k SRT8 Jeep with a $65 Blazer just because you are on the legal "ghoul" that is the race track is utter douchebaggery. How can you look at this as "that's what the SRT gets?" Two people going to a race track to settle a dispute like adults should under no circumstances end like this. Driver of the Blazer is a pu$$y hiding behind the waiver they both signed.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Like Harry said, rubbin's racin'. But deliberately smashing into a $45k SRT8 Jeep with a $65 Blazer just because you are on the legal "ghoul" that is the race track is utter douchebaggery. How can you look at this as "that's what the SRT gets?" Two people going to a race track to settle a dispute like adults should under no circumstances end like this. Driver of the Blazer is a pu$$y hiding behind the waiver they both signed.
    couldn't agree more. That is a pretty ***** thing to do, and to make it worse (if what valiant said was true) he then drives home and hides behind a bunch of his friends when the SRT guy goes to confront him about it.

Even if I hated someone I wouldn't challenge them to "race" with the intentions of smashing into their car with mine.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    ^ x3 especially running home
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Post whore
    I i were the jeep owner i would keep tabs on the DB, look him up every 5 years or so and give him some sugar in the gas tank.
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

maybe the guy should have had the foresight not to put his $45k jeep on a track against a guy with a $65 blazer. $65 blazer guy has nothing to lose.....
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6

Quote Originally Posted by RanJer View Post
    Basically covers it. With any track, Slinger.. RA.. you wreck.. it's your ass. You sign a disclaimer, etc.. You should understand the possible outcomes of YOUR decision.
    Not always, but most of the time it is considered 'racing'.....

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    maybe the guy should have had the foresight not to put his $45k jeep on a track against a guy with a $65 blazer. $65 blazer guy has nothing to lose.....
    So when I go on track at RA lets say and someone else shows up with a $1000 honda civic I shouldn't race him? Because I should expect that he will be a douchebag and smash his car into mine as I am braking for T1? And also the guy in the ferrari should think twice about me because he should expect that I will take my car which is worth 1/10th of his and smash it into him?

That video is in NO WAY NORMAL. You should never have to assume that someone with a cheaper car will smash into on the track purposefully. Only way that is okay is if it is a destruction derby.
    Last edited by WhatsADSM; 01-25-2010 at 01:27 PM.

The guy in the blazer has a lot to loose and he knows it, that's why he hid behind the waiver that was signed before getting on the track.

Put yourself in the Jeeps shoes: I call out you and your TBSS with my POS, are you gonna sit in the staging worried I'm gonna pile into your truck just to spite you? Or you you gonna stay home and puss out because by driving a pile I "have nothing to lose?" Or you just gonna come to the track and run me and not worry that I might be a giant vag who will hide behind a liabilty waiver?

I wouldn't put my TBSS on a oval track. I wouldn't race it at slinger. I haven't even made it to Great Lakes yet. I've seen the shit that happens during the spectator eliminator at Slinger speedway. I know enough that I don't want to put anything of value in those races. So you call me out for a spectator race at Slinger... I would refuse to oblige. Call me any name in the book, but at the end of the day, my TBSS will still be parked at home with every panel on it straight as an arrow. ***** or not, I am not an idiot. (thats up for debate )
    2008 Yamaha FZ6

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    So when I go on track at RA lets say and someone else shows up with a $1000 honda civic I shouldn't race him? Because I should expect that he will be a douchebag and smash his car into mine as I am braking for T1? And also the guy in the ferrari should think twice about me because he should expect that I will take my car which is worth 1/10th of his and smash it into him?

That video is in NO WAY NORMAL. You should never have to assume that someone with a cheaper car will smash into on the track purposefully. Only way that is okay is if it is a destruction derby.
    Road America has a slightly different clientele compared to what you saw in the video. Would I put my TBSS on the track at RA? Probably not... Not for fear of someone hitting me, but for fear of me hitting someone else. I know nothing about how to road race
    2008 Yamaha FZ6

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    Put yourself in the Jeeps shoes: I call out you and your TBSS with my POS, are you gonna sit in the staging worried I'm gonna pile into your truck just to spite you? Or you you gonna stay home and puss out because by driving a pile I "have nothing to lose?" Or you just gonna come to the track and run me and not worry that I might be a giant vag who will hide behind a liabilty waiver?
    I wouldn't get on a track with your POS for fear it'd have something fail and kill me, let alone damage anything of mine. And then when your dilapidated POS did ruin something of mine, or kill me, out of no fault of my own I'd be afraid you'd be a giant sleevevag and wouldn't even so much as apologize. That's what the guy in the GCSRT8 should have been thinking when he got on the track.
    Last edited by wrath; 01-25-2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: rearrange sentences
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.