Great freeze plug pops out from Peak antifreeze freezing.

Well I bought this shit last summer .
    So I go start the Camaro, in which I havent done in awhile... I get it running and come out to find a nice puddle under my car.

I look to see where the water was coming from... Come to find out that my freeze plug at the #1 cylinder popped out. This Peak anti-freeze shit froze up!

Luckly I have another plug on hand, but Im still gonna check the other plugs when it gets a little bit warmer out.

My shits breaking and I'm not even driving it WTF! LT1 FTMFL
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

Messed up shit right there. I had a similar problem but not with a car. I had purchased some Farm n' Barn 50/50 shit for one of my sleds and added after the system was flushed. Well one night I took it for roughly a 40mile run and for the first time left it outside of night in the front yard because we were planning on going out first thing in the morning.

Well I got start it and come back a min later and there is puddle of green under it! I poped the hood and coolant was coming out the overflow tube which told me it froze!! Well I got it hot and busted the frozen shit free, then refilled it. Its been perfect since. the bottle told me it was good to -34 F, it lied!

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Fuck man its just one thing after another for you. Sell her and get something else
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

If I wanna go slow for the rest of my life, I'd buy a Mustang! LOL j/p
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

That sucks Josh. You ever need a hand you got my number.

Well it turns out that it has caused more damage that I possibly thought it did.

It turns out that my head gaskets are screwed cause I found the right side to be leaking and my oil cooler line leaks at the oil filter cooler itself. It might have became loose but hopefully its not shot.
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    damn man u got some shitty luck thats for sure hope all turns around for ya soon

I wonder if I can just disconnect the oil cooler lines but leave the oil cooler on itself???
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

To bad they don't make a device for measuring anti-freeze concentration.....
    How do I edit my signature?

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteThunderZ28 View Post
    I wonder if I can just disconnect the oil cooler lines but leave the oil cooler on itself???

I dont see why not. Its a closed system just for coolant, right? You would just have to plug the waterpump inlet/outlets for the cooler or however its hooked up.
    ~Joe~UNITED SATES NAVY
    LT4 Hotcam, LT headers, Magnaflow Catback, CAI, 58mm TB, FLT Trans, 2800 Stall, UMI suspension

I did some research and found out that I can take to oil cooler off, cut the 2 post down flush with the surface and then screw on the filter. On 94's it doesn't require a adapter piece.

As for the water pump and radiato, I can either get some rubber cap pieces and clamp it off or I can cap the water pump by taking out the little pipe that come out of the water pump. Then use a rubber cap for the radiator.
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

WELL, the damage is more severe than expected... I did a pressure check to find out that the Block is cracked!

I dont know what I'm gonna do.. I have a Wedding in a few months and no fund for a block... I was going to have the car in my Wedding photos but screw it now... Man I'm just having bad luck this year and it's getting worse.
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

i'de call peak and bitch up a storm! that sucks man
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

I'm not gonna even bother, I have enough on my plate already... Im just gonna look around for a core.
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

Wait I thought you had the motor rebuilt last summer?

I did, but when I used the 50/50 and the shit froze and it stressed the block to the point of cracking.

I wanted to sell but Jess wont let me cause she wants it in the wedding pictures.
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

If you didnt have ground effects all we'd have to do is put your wheels wing and hood on my car hahaha.

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtyKurty View Post
    To bad they don't make a device for measuring anti-freeze concentration.....
    Dang!

Here is the crack in the block.
    See the Milk shake color, yeah all of the anti-freeze went down to the pan and when I pulled the oil tube out it came out like a water fountain.
    Last edited by Firefighter Z; 08-23-2010 at 05:47 PM.
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

This is all Peak's fault?
    TaninAutoElectronix
    90 Mitsubishi Mirage 9.9@146, 800awhp
    04 Gallardo
    04 Lexus LS430
    71, 96, 94 Land Cruisers