Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    He threw 9800 passes and 317 INT's and 497 TD's.

I'd say his rewards are a bit higher then his risks.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by GTO RLY? View Post
    I dislike Farve because of the incessant, 100% blind fellatio of his image, just because he played for GB. What everyone fails to remember is that this bush-leaguer also holds the NFL record for most interceptions thrown.

Thats like saying a boxer is the greatest in the world for going 20,000 rounds, even when he was TKO'd for 12,000 of them.
    What? I am shocked at your horrible analogy. He holds every NFL record for a QB or did you forget that. Thats the only thing you can say about him. He holds the record for most INTs wow! Good one. Id take that along with half of the records he hold but he holds them all. Oh and I think he threw 7 this season add that to the list on his record.

One interception per 20 completed passes is a pretty piss-poor thing to be proud of...
    Please dont say anything if its just filled with supidity. You must not know anything about teh game to say stuff like that. If its 4 ints per 100 passes I think it would be 1 for 25 but im not math wiz.

i think silver03srt has a little man crush.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    One interception per 20 completed passes is a pretty piss-poor thing to be proud of...
    lol at the math.

Regardless of the exact attempt to interception ratio, it's still better than Bart Starr's...and comparable to Dan Marino.

You make little sense.

"Yeah! Brett was such a so-so QB! He sucked It was jst that with him at QB, Packers were just among the most consistently winning teams. "

I swear, to read Favre Haters, you'd swear you're reading someones bitching about how their long-time girlfriend left them...dude, it's just football. Give it up!
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

There was no room for Favre on the roster especially after all the dicking around he did. We WOULD have lost Rodgers if Favre came back another year...and that would have been devastating to the Packers' future.

Why can't some people understand this? I don't hate Favre but I hate it when people rag on thompson and mccarthy for doing what they needed to do for the future of the organization. I'm mainly talking about Coop because he has no clue about what he's talking about ever when regarding football or the Packers.
    -Tyler

If MM and TT really cared about the future of the Packers, they would have traded Favre to whomever was going to give them the most in return. But they were the ones who were more concerned about trading him to a team they didn't play.

I never had had a problem with the Packers getting rid of Favre. Never. I just didn't like how they did it, putting their own personal feud in front of the team getting better. If they didn't think he could play, then they should have just traded him to MN last year.

Rodgers is a better fit for the team now, because they are and have been rebuilding. The NFC Championship game a couple years ago was a shock to everybody, that was not in the plans so early. They expected a longer rebuilding process. However Favre played great and the ball bounced their way and they were in.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Is Favre the best QB of all time? Most likely Yes
    Defiantly in the top 5.

Is he a whiny Bitch? Yes

Were Thompson and MC Carthy wrong? No

Is Favre out to prove a point ? Yes.

Does Favre deserve to go to the Super Bowl? Yes, as does every one of the 4
    that play this weekend.
    END OF STORY

Quote Originally Posted by Silver03SRT View Post
    http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/show...ighlight=Favre
    This is just one of many threads on Favre saying he will get destroyed this year. I dont hear anyone talking crap now. My question is if Favre threw an INT his first pass and then missed a wide open reciever to win the game in OT and then to top it off fumble the ball to lose the game how much trash talk would he be getting. I havent heard anything about Rodgers losing that game all i hear is it was a facemask. A second super bowl ring will look good on Favre.
    45 points in the game and you wanna lay the blame on teh QBs shoulders?? How about shitty defense play??

Favre is a douche. Always has been, always will be. I never liked him when he was in Green Bay and this years Kindergarten mentality "payback" attitude makes me like him even less. I respected his never give up on-field play and that's where my respect for him ends. Records are unimportant, when he left GB he shit on every fan that paid his salary for 16 years. All I wanted to see last season was him carted off the field in a stretcher and that's all I'd like to see this season. If not that, then his Superbowl run cut one game short. Next weekend I'm a Saints fan. If by some stroke of luck the Vikings don't choke, two weeks after that I'll be an AFC fan. When the Packers retire his number I hope he gets booed off the field.

Its soooo typical for Packers fans to all of a sudden "like" another team that's in the post-season once the Packers are out. Rainy day fans should stick to baseball and shit-ass teams like the Brewers.
    you are a complete moron. i said i was rooting for favre. i can root for the guy without enjoying his team. yes that means the vikings win but oh well. even if we do root for other teams once our favorite is out big deal. thats called being a fan of the sport. i didn't know i was limited to liking one team and one team only. my bad.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

All the hate just makes me want to go home and put on my Wranglers and watch the Favre 4 Ever special again. Maybe even go to Sears and buy a new TV to watch it on.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by fivonut View Post
    45 points in the game and you wanna lay the blame on teh QBs shoulders?? How about shitty defense play??

Favre is a douche. Always has been, always will be. I never liked him when he was in Green Bay and this years Kindergarten mentality "payback" attitude makes me like him even less. I respected his never give up on-field play and that's where my respect for him ends. Records are unimportant, when he left GB he shit on every fan that paid his salary for 16 years. All I wanted to see last season was him carted off the field in a stretcher and that's all I'd like to see this season. If not that, then his Superbowl run cut one game short. Next weekend I'm a Saints fan. If by some stroke of luck the Vikings don't choke, two weeks after that I'll be an AFC fan. When the Packers retire his number I hope he gets booed off the field.

when you say the word douche you should look in the mirror. wishing people get hurt is for retarded idiots. then again your probably someone who has never played any sort of organized sport.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

5.0... It's what's for dinner. GTO RLY?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver03SRT View Post
    Please dont say anything if its just filled with supidity. You must not know anything about teh game to say stuff like that. If its 4 ints per 100 passes I think it would be 1 for 25 but im not math wiz.
    Its time to get current with your stats, Einstein. 6,083 completions, 317 interceptions. Do the math.

05M6 CGM GTO - Svede OTRCAI, Bassani, minus 144lbs, self SD tuned with HPT2.23beta & LC-1

I've always hated the Vikings not favre, so if your a viking....I hate yoooooou!
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda69 View Post
    when you say the word douche you should look in the mirror. wishing people get hurt is for retarded idiots. then again your probably someone who has never played any sort of organized sport.
    Brandon, you cannot deny that some of the shit that Farve pulled in the off season was complete bullshit. It was all to get attention and that is all it will ever be. Yeah, Farve is a great player, and is an asset to any team he is on. As far as his play, I respect him. However, I do cheer against him every chance I get, and enjoyed it when the Bears beat them in Chicago. Being a Bear fan, that was my superbowl. Why do I cheer against him? Because of who he is as a person. He is a Douchenozzle off the field. He is not alone, most pro sports players are. It is one thing to cheer against someone every week, it is another thing to cheer for a player getting hurt. I dont want that to happen (Hated seeing warner getting injured this week)
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    All the hate just makes me want to go home and put on my Wranglers and watch the Favre 4 Ever special again. Maybe even go to Sears and buy a new TV to watch it on.
    Are you sure ? Maybe you want to think it over ?
    Last edited by Holeshot; 01-18-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda69 View Post
    Awe, I'm sorry!! Does it dig deep when someone wishes your god ill will??

I dont think ANYONE can deny Brent's accomplishments and talent as a football player. Facts are facts. Its all his little diva bitch drama that has ruined his repuation. I have no respect for him as a man. He still is a good QB though.

(last year, no doubt we'd have been better w/ Favre though).
    Favre had a real good 1st half last year, then in part due to his injury sucked the 2nd half...22 ints...I would of rather had Rodgers last year still, either way I doubt it would of made a difference especially not enough to get in the Playoffs.

This year just shows what Favre can do when you put talent around him.
    Same can be said for pretty much any QB....having maybe the best RB in the game, a great o-line certainly helps. Even though AP didn't have a great year by his standards.

Its soooo typical for Packers fans to all of a sudden "like" another team that's in the post-season once the Packers are out. Rainy day fans should stick to baseball and shit-ass teams like the Brewers.
    It sounds typical of alot of fans....Packer fans aren't in some special category, just because you live here and are surrounded by them. That goes for Packer haters and fans. The Pack is my favorite NFL team but since a team loses, its natural to root for another team...just like any sport in any season. I kinda like(d) the Saints, Bengals and Colts but think it's fun to watch the Jets as underdogs. Rainy day fans are often found in football, to really follow baseball you need to pay more attention as its harder to really understand as an "average fan" unlike football. Brewers aren't shitty by the way, unless you are from 2002 or something.

Is Favre the best QB of all time? Most likely Yes
    Defiantly in the top 5.
    It's all opinion but I'll take Mr. Peyton Manning as my #1 all-time, at least modern era. Favre is definately top 5...IMO I'd add in Elway, Marino and Montana or Brady to round it out. I didn't see anyone in the 70's firsthand so I might be biased. You can make arguments for and against alot of others though too.

The Favre worshippers and Favre haters are generally both stupid. Most people who changed their favorite team to the Vikings and wants him to beat the Packers generally don't get it (or have a business sense for that matter) and the Favre haters who want him to get hurt or think he is a "traitor" clearly don't get it either.
    Last edited by PB86MCSS; 01-18-2010 at 06:13 PM.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Rodgers would have had a better year on the Vikings than Favre. Their regular season stats were similar and Rodgers was on a team with far less talent.

Rodgers 4,434 yards, 30 TDs and a 103.2 rating
    Favre 4,202 yards, 33 TDs and a 107.2 rating.

Rodgers managed to that with an absolutely SHIT front line (through 8 games) that gave up 37 sacks in those 8 games on their way to 52 sacks, 8 short of the Packers record.

Now add to that Adrian Petersen, who posed enough of a threat with the run that defenses would try and contain him but open up the pass. Close the pass down and you got Petersen running or catching a short pass. The Packers did not have that luxury.

Favre is an awesome player but he is a diva, a drama queen, that girl in high school that would go out and fuck anybody just to get back at the boyfriend who dumped her. Applaud his athleticism but disdain him as a man.