Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Where are the Favre haters?

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/show...ighlight=Favre
    This is just one of many threads on Favre saying he will get destroyed this year. I dont hear anyone talking crap now. My question is if Favre threw an INT his first pass and then missed a wide open reciever to win the game in OT and then to top it off fumble the ball to lose the game how much trash talk would he be getting. I havent heard anything about Rodgers losing that game all i hear is it was a facemask. A second super bowl ring will look good on Favre.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Never hated favre myself, rather enjoy the fact that he still plays; but I'm not sure they can get past Naw 'Leans.

That said, I'm still glad we have Rodgers...a guy who really is a terrific QB. Hell, look around at the young QB's out there (Rodgers, Rothlesburger, Romo, Ryan, Young, Sanchez), I think we've got the best of the bunch. So if we had to give up Favre to get Rodgers playing, I'm fine with that...as I'm not sure we would have been better off this year w/ Favre (last year, no doubt we'd have been better w/ Favre though).
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

In response to the thread title, silenced.....

Last edited by Car Guy; 01-18-2010 at 11:05 AM.

I hate Favre because he went to the Viks and he's a drama llama. Not because he sucks at football.

Am I not allowed to dislike a player on a rival team? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post

Am I not allowed to dislike a player on a rival team? I don't get it.
    yeah. most of the favre haters, hate because he plays for the vikings. packer fans hate the vikings. always have, always will. are we supposed to all of a sudden like the vikings?? i dont understand?!?!

the favre lovers need to get over it. let it go.....

he is gone. he is not coming back. rodgers is our QB.

I never said you can't hate him. I'm wondering where the people went that said he will not do anything and blow the season. Also Packers let him go so why hate him for leaving? I don't get it. Ya he retired said I want to come back they said no go somewhere else.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    I don't want Favre to come back. He's doing just fine on his own.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

I enjoy watching him play, as should any football fan.

Here is the point most of the Favre sackriders are missing about alot of Packer fans.

It's not personal about Brett for me. Many people (myself near the top of that list) simply can not and will not cheer for him because of his current team due to the fact I 1000% hate the Vikings... period. I rooted for him and the Jets last year but I was indifferent to that team before Favre. I hated Minnesota before him, still dislike them while Favre plays there, and will continue to dislike them when Brett is back on his lawn mower. Both he and the Packers office could have handled things differently but I'm sure we all could have done a few things different in life. This is about the fact that he plays for a team we've spent our whole life disliking.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtymax View Post
    i enjoy watching him play, as should any football fan.

Here is the point most of the favre sackriders are missing about alot of packer fans.

It's not personal about brett for me. Many people (myself near the top of that list) simply can not and will not cheer for him because of his current team due to the fact i 1000% hate the vikings... Period. I rooted for him and the jets last year but i was indifferent to that team before favre. I hated minnesota before him, still dislike them while favre plays there, and will continue to dislike them when brett is back on his lawn mower. Both he and the packers office could have handled things differently but i'm sure we all could have done a few things different in life. This is about the fact that he plays for a team we've spent our whole life disliking.
    bingo. Bango.

Most Favre haters take it personal. They'll come up with bullshit like he collapses in playoff games and shit. Although nobody hates Al Harris for being treating like a little bitch by Plaxico, or for Grant being useless running the ball in the same game.

This year just shows what Favre can do when you put talent around him. For years the Packers didn't put shit around him, and he still did alot just to get them in the Playoffs. He hid alot of the weaknesses. You don't even get to as many playoff games as he has by being shitty under pressure.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Where the f*** is coop now. Dallas took a spanking. At least when the pack played the vikings it wasn't 34 to 3.

I'm excited to see the response to this one.
    Last edited by GTSLOW; 01-18-2010 at 11:58 AM.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

yeah...I hate the drama that surrounds Favre......and I will NEVER like the Vikings

5.0... It's what's for dinner. GTO RLY?'s Avatar
    I dislike Farve because of the incessant, 100% blind fellatio of his image, just because he played for GB. What everyone fails to remember is that this bush-leaguer also holds the NFL record for most interceptions thrown.

Thats like saying a boxer is the greatest in the world for going 20,000 rounds, even when he was TKO'd for 12,000 of them.

05M6 CGM GTO - Svede OTRCAI, Bassani, minus 144lbs, self SD tuned with HPT2.23beta & LC-1

i rooted for the packers but now they are gone so time for me to root for favre to win another ring. i'm just getting tired of hearing the same bullshit excuses for disliking him. in the same light as people being allowed to hate him now that he has moved to minnesota i should be allowed to still like him no matter who he plays for.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Its soooo typical for Packers fans to all of a sudden "like" another team that's in the post-season once the Packers are out. Rainy day fans should stick to baseball and shit-ass teams like the Brewers.

05M6 CGM GTO - Svede OTRCAI, Bassani, minus 144lbs, self SD tuned with HPT2.23beta & LC-1

If you throw as many passes as Favre has, you'll throw some picks. Peyton Manning has thrown what 18 in the regular season, and 2 more this weekend? So 20 picks? Favre throws that many and people are all over his ass.

There is nothing wrong with being a fan of a specific player, even if he plays on another team. I loved Bo Jackson as a playerm, he never played for the Packers. Barry Sanders was amazing to watch, again not a Packer. Larry Bird was my all time favorite Basketball player. Never a Buck even if I was a big Bucks fan as a kid.

I also never hated Reggie White for going to Carolina, or Sharper or Longwell for going to MN. I may hate the front office for allowing it to happen.

Most people I find who have just blind allegiance to a sports team, are some of the worst fans. Because they don't know anything about the sport other then what happens in their own stadium. I don't get that kind of fan at all.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GTO RLY? View Post
    What everyone fails to remember is that this bush-leaguer also holds the NFL record for most interceptions thrown.
    This is a function of the fact he's the career passing attempts leader. He roughly threw 4 interceptions for every 100 passes. His TD to interception ratio is better than Starr's was.

It's inane to try to argue that Favre wasn't among the greatest QB's to play the game or equate him to some "bush leaguer."
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I like players on other teams. I loved Marshall Faulk. But when we played the Rams (back when they were good) I still rooted for the Packers.

With me, it's teams that are our rivals that I will refuse to root for their players. Ex-Packer or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    This is a function of the fact he's the career passing attempts leader. He roughly threw 4 interceptions for every 100 passes. His TD to interception ratio is better than Starr's was.

It's inane to try to argue that Favre wasn't among the greatest QB's to play the game or equate him to some "bush leaguer."

One interception per 20 completed passes is a pretty piss-poor thing to be proud of...

I hate Favre now and I will hate him for quite a while. The only reason he came back this year was to get back at the packers and shove it in their face. He wanted to prove that the packers made a mistake by choosing a-rod over him and well IMO, even after having a career year, he couldn't. He wanted to piss of the packers organization and with that he pissed off packer nation. I couldn't be happier with the decision the packers made and I am one of the very few that actually supports Ted Thompson in most of the decisions he's made.

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now