Cool Ford sweeps n.a. Car and truck of the year awards

FORD SWEEPS N.A. CAR AND TRUCK OF THE YEAR AWARDS

It was a clean sweep, with Ford taking both 2010 North American Car and Truck of the Year awards at this week's North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit. Wins for the 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid and 2010 Ford Transit Connect makes for just the third time in 17 years one manufacturer has earned both awards. The Fusion Hybrid edged out the Buick LaCrosse and Volkswagen Golf/GTI to win Car of the Year, while Transit Connect bested the Chevrolet Equinox and Subaru Outback to win the prestigious Truck of the Year title.

http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=31829
    2008 Shelby GT500
    Classic Grabber Orange
    1 of 60 Built
    Cobra Jet Blower Upgrade
    Cobra Jet Throttle Body
    CCW Custom Wheels
    11.31@126 MPH on Toyo Proxes

Chrysler Certified Technician Plum Crazy's Avatar
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning

I only listen to Motor Trend, congrats Dodge on Truck of the Year!
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purple
    2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Flame Red
    1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible

Is this going to be a ford vs Chevy debate again?
    "My cars got miles.... Garage queens, that's your style"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwII0k2bSpM

Ten years ago if you had 500HP you were the man. Now days that means you bought a new car

wow sharp looking truck! But imo titles mean nothing and I wouldnt be bragging about it if it looked like this.
    2010 Truck of the Year!

MMMMM yeah. It is really big in europe though
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutwaver View Post
    hmm maybe it should be the European truck of the year then.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Yea how the hell does that thing beat the new equinox? Especially in North America.

Those awards are silly anyways many of them just aren't big sellers anyways.

I think honda swept it a few years ago as well.... Also with a big seller the Ridgeline

While I agree that thing is hardly a "truck" of the year contender, the Transit Connect is something we've needed in this country for a long time. This thing is so versatile. It's a shame what they have to do to get them here. They might be able to charge less for them if it weren't for all the shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    While I agree that thing is hardly a "truck" of the year contender, the Transit Connect is something we've needed in this country for a long time. This thing is so versatile. It's a shame what they have to do to get them here. They might be able to charge less for them if it weren't for all the shenanigans.

yeah. as stupid as the transit looks. it is a prefect vehicle for the small business owner. do i think it should have gotten truck of the year?? i don't know. what else was out there to give it to. the dodge HD . nothing groundbreaking there.

Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar
    The price on the Transit Connect needs to come down ALOT to make it a worthwhile solution for the small business owner. IMO, they are very overpriced. I am better off purchasing a used GMC Sprinter than I am purchasing a new Transit Connect for the price they are commanding the public to pay for it.
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

Quote Originally Posted by twicks69 View Post
    The price on the Transit Connect needs to come down ALOT to make it a worthwhile solution for the small business owner. IMO, they are very overpriced. I am better off purchasing a used GMC Sprinter than I am purchasing a new Transit Connect for the price they are commanding the public to pay for it.
    Well part of the cost of the vehicle is all of the shipping costs it takes to get one of them over here from Turkey
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

yup. they are pricey.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Transit connect is a very sensible vehicle...but should perhaps be priced in-line with mid-sized sedan, or perhaps more competitive with minivan pricing. I think it'd be a bigger draw if it was available with a small diesel for 30+mpg capability.

I am better off purchasing a used GMC Sprinter...
    I know Dodge, frieghtliner, and mercedes all one a version of it, but GMC has a version of the Sprinter too?
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar
    Whatever the brand....f-it. You know what I mean.
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

The Transit is perfect for the small business owner who needs a lot of parts and tools to be with him. It's better than the HHR Panel too because of its larger size, but not so large as to be too big. This may be my next vehicle after the HHR I have is older. Chevy won't be making the HHR much longer after 2011, which is sad because it is the perfect vehicle for what I need it to do. I saw one stickered at $23,900. Not too bad considering the cost of a large pick up truck

I made this post all by myself with no supervision.

Here's the reason for the overly expensive price of the vehicle.

If they could get around this or just build the damn things here I think they'd sell a ton of'em.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/22/r...th-full-inter/

Quote Originally Posted by Nutwaver View Post
    I think i saw one in france.... So not really big. The Renault and Citroen mini cube vans in EU like that seems to be alot more practical while being most popular and not mention dont look like a 1st gen fusion with a camper on the back.
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 01-14-2010 at 09:25 PM.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.