Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New sled

New sled

i bought a new 2010 Ski doo Renegade 800r adreneline. Its almost got a 100mi on it now after this weekend. I cannot believe the power this has even at 10%hp decrease due to the 300mi break in period in the ecm. It is one HELL of a step up from the yamaha phazer i had with a wopping 80hp. I mean the thing goes 0-100 with out touching a ski on the ground even at a 137in track! at 105 the ecm levels out and wont go any faster, might be due to the break in period because its still pulling. I guess 150+ hp will do that. I seriously have a smile everytime i clamp the trigger and the thing pulls and pulls!

2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    that thing looks awesome

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

My next sled (not that I will ever buy another, have 2 I dont want) would be no shorter that 136". Nice sled!

I almost bought a 136" Switchback but bought my quad instead.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    I'm with Andy and Coop... I've never ridden a sled, but I can imagine what kinda smile it'd bring me if I ever did ride something like that.

i rode with a guy a couple years ago that had one of those. they are very nice. that was second on my list of sleds that i wanted. if i hadnt got the sno-pro, there would be one of those in my garage. very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    My next sled (not that I will ever buy another, have 2 I dont want) would be no shorter that 136". Nice sled!

I almost bought a 136" Switchback but bought my quad instead.
    I am very sold on this thing right now, the 137 bridges bumps so well its like riding a lazy boy. It is a little soft for my liking, but i will be putting the race sled suspension under it. I nick named it the 800RRS (Renegade Race Sled) look for a build thread soon
    Quote Originally Posted by 07ROUSHSTG3 View Post
    i rode with a guy a couple years ago that had one of those. they are very nice. that was second on my list of sleds that i wanted. if i hadnt got the sno-pro, there would be one of those in my garage. very nice.
    should have been number one! although i do like those cats. for me what sold me is i wanted a long track for off trail in the UP and with 3hp per pound it just sounds like a party. if it was me i would have opted the Cat race sled and lived with premix for a 130hp 600, i hear them little things are wicked tho! my buddy in MN, Rory, works for Christian Borthers as a mechanic for Garth Kaufman. Just seen him over xmas and he was telling me some the trick stuff they do to those Mods.

I rode a guy's 144" XP. That thing was crazy how it skipped most of the bumps on our mogul trails.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRAM114 View Post

should have been number one! although i do like those cats. for me what sold me is i wanted a long track for off trail in the UP and with 3hp per pound it just sounds like a party. if it was me i would have opted the Cat race sled and lived with premix for a 130hp 600, i hear them little things are wicked tho! my buddy in MN, Rory, works for Christian Borthers as a mechanic for Garth Kaufman. Just seen him over xmas and he was telling me some the trick stuff they do to those Mods.
    lol. i am the most anti-off trail person that you have ever seen, even though now that i own such a light sled, i am thinking about maybe trying it a bit more. we will see, i am still fat and don't see the fun in digging my sled out, LOL!

i am also ordering a 720 kit and different gears for next year . 140 horse is going to be crazy in this thing!!

Senior Member..now yer posting! Jsho13's Avatar
    That will be my next sled, and I have been a die hard cat fan
    15' Sierra Denali 2500
    12' Yukon Denali XL
    12' Sierra Denali 2500 (Sold)
    07.5' Sierra Denali (Sold)
    04' Yukon Denali (Sold)

lol. i am the most anti-off trail person that you have ever seen, even though now that i own such a light sled, i am thinking about maybe trying it a bit more. we will see, i am still fat and don't see the fun in digging my sled out, LOL!

i am also ordering a 720 kit and different gears for next year . 140 horse is going to be crazy in this thing!!
    yea that will b awesome! have they come down in price!? those 720 kits from speedwerx last i saw were waaay outragous in price.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsho13 View Post
    That will be my next sled, and I have been a die hard cat fan
    it is the answer

yea that will b awesome! have they come down in price!? those 720 kits from speedwerx last i saw were waaay outragous in price.
    $3500 from speedwerx
    $2999 from bikeman
    $3000 w/o powervalves from D&D, $3400 for the powervalves from D&D

i would like to do the bikeman kit because their stuff is pretty top notch, but the D&D kit with the powervalves is probably the way that i will go.

we are going up to white pine this weekend. you going to be up there??

$3500 from speedwerx
    $2999 from bikeman
    $3000 w/o powervalves from D&D, $3400 for the powervalves from D&D

i would like to do the bikeman kit because their stuff is pretty top notch, but the D&D kit with the powervalves is probably the way that i will go.

we are going up to white pine this weekend. you going to be up there??
    they have came down from 3-5 mo ago! speedwerx was around 4800!
    im leaving thursday morning and staying at the Wild Life Refuge cabins in south range, mi

im leaving thursday morning and staying at the Wild Life Refuge cabins in south range, mi
    i wish that i would get cell phone signal in white pine. i'd say that we should meet up. we usually head up that way. maybe meet for breakfast or something somewhere?!?!

if you like the off trail stuff, if the guy that owns the lodge we are staying at is up, he can take you to heaven in the porkies. he knows all the places to go. might be worth cruising down in the morning. i do not know if he will be up there yet though.
    Last edited by 07ROUSHSTG3; 01-12-2010 at 07:54 AM.

i wish that i would get cell phone signal in white pine. i'd say that we should meet up. we usually head up that way. maybe meet for breakfast or something somewhere?!?!

if you like the off trail stuff, if the guy that owns the lodge we are staying at is up, he can take you to heaven in the porkies. he knows all the places to go. might be worth cruising down in the morning. i do not know if he will be up there yet though.
    ya that be fun! we are talking about coming south on saturday if the hill climb sucks. they are holding a hillclimb at "BFH" in south range on sat. we were talking about coming down to greenland/mass city and try to get up on the mass bluff. i do not have cell service there either... some of my friends do tho. we are all meeting up tonight to load up ill see what the plan is and post back up on here. the sno pro wont be hard to miss! i havent seen many on the trail. ill be with a group of 7-9 guys depending on the day, some arent staying the whole time.

sounds great. let me know.

Makin' Boys Cry Since 1987 =) 1BadBytch's Avatar
    Nice Sled

Yes very very nice.

sounds great. let me know.
    Judging by the weather pattern we will be heading south everyday. I do not know what were doin, tho were heading out with a gps, shovels and no plan it sounds like for sure saturday were going down to mass. if you guys come up towards south range you will more then likely find us at Coozies bar, Musquito bar, parkview inn in TL or Reussoes bar (sp?) south of TL we generally have to stop at them