Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Great game, the D didn't show up, good lord....it did pad numbers against bad teams, like most teams do. Shut down the Cowboys but that is about it of the good teams. Secondary has a hole or two and the lack of a pash rush other than Matthews occassionally was disturbing. Guess I'll root for the Saints in the NFC and hope they face either the Colts or Chargers for a good Super Bowl. Jets and Ravens are dull.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    ^ lol shut down a offense that was struggling with a failing Roy Williams,to bad they didn't wise up and sit him down to go with Crayton sooner. Funny how you say the Cowboys were a good team that they played against,cuz at the time you said they sucked,and they did.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0TransAm0 View Post
    always next year. i liked the facemask on that last play too.. way to go refs...
    Dunno if that one would have mattered. But there was quite a few others. Ah well very interesting game reguardless.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

I was waiting for Capers to make an adjustment to stop the Cards from killing them over the middle, but it never happened. Oh well, now I have to root for my man Brett.
    2011 Chevy Malibu

^ lol shut down a offense that was struggling with a failing Roy Williams,to bad they didn't wise up and sit him down to go with Crayton sooner. Funny how you say the Cowboys were a good team that they played against,cuz at the time you said they sucked,and they did.
    When did I say the Cowboys suck? The Packers handed them their ass, yes...doesn't mean they suck. You have a bad memory or are putting words in my mouth. All of the Playoff teams are good....I don't think anyone can really argue against that unless you are opposed to facts and logic.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

very good weekend of football...atleast for me
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

I have to admit i hate the packers but im surprised to see them come back that close.Man i laughed so hard when card's missed that kick hahahaha i knew he was going to miss it.Guy looked like he seen a ghost when he was on the sideline waiting.
    99-ranger
    88-ranger
    89-spirit

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    The important thing now is what will Thompson do to improve this team in the offseason? Will he recognize the glaring holes and needs of the team? Will he actually go out and get a few key free agents that could put the team in a much better position next year? Or does he continue with the 10 year plan and just draft players and try to get younger? Next years schedule is going to be much tougher.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    The important thing now is what will Thompson do to improve this team in the offseason? Will he recognize the glaring holes and needs of the team? Will he actually go out and get a few key free agents that could put the team in a much better position next year? Or does he continue with the 10 year plan and just draft players and try to get younger? Next years schedule is going to be much tougher.

hopefully he gets some FA or some good players in the draft to fill some holes.....the glaring hole to me is the O-line and we could really use someone in the secondary.....i know ill take some flack for this but i say we trade aaron kampman for something to help the team. i know he was great for us, but he's more suited to just rush the passer and stop the run, not covering receivers. when kampman got hurt and the rookie stepped in it seemed like the team got a little bit better bc he was a better cover LB then kampman.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

well at least Brady is out and Tony Homo will get his azz pounded to the turf next sunday! The cowgirlz are going down!!!
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda69 View Post
    rodgers did awesome today. i can't wait till next year. great season pack.

he truely owned this game. imo one of the best qb's in the nfl.

i was more then impressed

he was that one pass (first pass of OT) away from winning that game... overthrew his WR by about 3 yards
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

Yeah, I'm not mad at the Pack. Considering the start was the definition of a bad start. We had a great season. Looks like TT and MM will be sticking around after all.

I will say though that the NFL has some shit to take care of in the off season. The commissioner came out and said how pissed he was with the teams not playing their starters at the end of the season. The previous game with the Packers and Cardinals is a perfect example. The cards had no reason to play their starts. Neither did the Pack really but they did.

So how do you resolve that? Well you make the game worth playing. Sine we were going to playing them the following week they should have made the game decide home field advantage. The fact that they Cards had home field advantage still perplexes me. We beat them in pre-season and the regular season and we had a better record. I know they were #1 in their division but the record thing and us beating them should negate that.

i don't think it will be long before the lombardi trophy comes home to wi. just need a guy here or there. and keep kampman in a 3 point stance and pass rush for god sake. lol
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

i will now be rooting for my hero brett on sunday. tony homo hahahahaha.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Kampman is gone, no place for him in this defense. I like him alot (have his jersey) but he is meant for a 4-3, IMO. Thompson won't do anything drastic, so I hope no one goes "told you so" when they don't get a big name in free agency. Everyone should know what to expect by now....hopefully we can get at least one decent guy, someone not over the hill or overpaid. I'm not sure on the available free agents yet, to me depth on the o-line and secondary are the most important things. Maybe a playmaking linebacker too or running back who can be a gamebreaker. Grant is mediocre in a good offense, IMO. A veteran backup QB would be ok too I think, Quinn should be fine but if Rodgers were hurt that would pretty much end a season. Anyone know the Packer free agents?
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Unrestricted FA's are Collins, Pickett, Colledge, Clifton, Spitz. Jolly, Bigby, Kampman, Blackmon and Kuhn.

I think they won't resign Collins. I have a feeling Woodson is moving to that position. CB's when they get older, fall off quickly and suddenly. Woodson and Collins are both too small of stature to play the strong safety spot. Woodson could be like Rod Woodson and get quite a few more years from that spot.

Heaven forbid Thompson use any of the 20 mil under the cap to take care of any of these guys this year and use some of that money up. Jackass.... If they don't resign even half of those guys, that's quite a few new holes they have to fill without even addressing their current holes. Like Offensive line, Defensive End, CB, Kicker, Punter, and safety.

Also I don't know if anyone saw next years schedule but they play the AFC East - Patriots, Jets, Dolphins and Bills AND the NFC East next year. So they won't have the 3rd easiest schedule in the league next year. So hopefully people don't go thinking Super Bowl 2011 just yet.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

The AFC East is about as tough as the AFC North, IMO, we played two AFC playoff teams and a defending Super Bowl champion this year. The NFC East is tougher than the West surely, but we also played the best team in that division too. Packers schedule should be no tougher than the Vikings, probably easier if anything...it's kind of relative that way. And with the NFL parity theres a good chance the NFC isn't so tough by next year. I don't think they have that many current holes, just keep the key guys and add a couple peices. That under the cap space might be handy in order to keep what they currently have.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

The under cap space I believe had to be used by the end of the regular season to count against this years cap. So basically 18-20 million went to waste.

You don't see that many holes? Giving up 500 + yards to basically every team that had an offense ranked above 15 isn't showing you a hole or 2? That defense still needs alot of help. Unless they blitz they have nothing for pass rush. Woodson is the only CB that can cover. Don't expect Al Harris to be coming back till mid season, and even then he lost a step this year, after knee surgery he's not going to be faster in his mid 30's.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

How many positions do you think can be improved enough (where it would impact wins/losses) in the draft/free agency, realistically? Who would you go after, specifically? Lets hear a game plan taking into affect current free agents and whats available.

Harris lost a step a year ago or so, IMO.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares