Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Glocks?

Cheap Glocks?

Anywhere local that has cheap new guns anymore? Sportsmans warehouse used to rock , but they're closed gander wants $599 for new with reg sights and $500 for used Shooters Shop was around the same price. Badger... I won't go there, everytime I've gone there I get ignored while they shoot the shit with their buddies
    I see on glocktalk most shops are around $500 or less, but haven't seen that around here.
    Planning on getting a G22 3rd gen, possibly 4th gen if I find one and if feels good in hand.

If worse comes to worse I'll order one off the net and have a transfer done but I like to see it when I buy it.
    I ain't paying $600 for a Glock w/ reg plastic sights.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    The guys at shooter's shop make fun of you behind your back. I was made fun of for asking about the M&P AR15 style .22 LR. Heard his buddy talking shit behind the counter for not getting a "real" gun.

I have a G22 and love shooting it.

There is a post in here if you search that has a mention of getting police issued glocks used.

Checking on Bud's Guns site, their "customer price" is $494 for a 22 w/ fixed sites, plus shipping and then of course your local FFL, which looks like was the $30 that pork found.
    Last edited by Crawlin; 01-09-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    I don't know but I would suggest getting in touch with my brother,I can't believe he won't be able to beat the price and get a better price on transfer fee.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Ol' School Ron North's Jewels Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    The guys at shooter's shop make fun of you behind your back. I was made fun of for asking about the M&P AR15 style .22 LR. Heard his buddy talking shit behind the counter for not getting a "real" gun.

I have a G22 and love shooting it.

There is a post in here if you search that has a mention of getting police issued glocks used.

Checking on Bud's Guns site, their "customer price" is $494 for a 22 w/ fixed sites, plus shipping and then of course your local FFL, which looks like was the $30 that pork found.

The guys at Shooter shop are a bunch of knobs. I went there once to shoot 100 rounds on the range and I had to fill out a ton of paper work just to use it I felt like I was buying a used car. There is only one guy I talked to at the shooter shop and he was pretty cool but when I went to the range that one day it was like I was an intruder in there store. I wont go there again. I will make the drive to Fletchers for range time.

I have heard great things about a Bob at Fletcher's. I'd definitely like to take some classes with him as an instructor.

there was a guy on here that had a guys number that was MPD glocks for a very reasonable price.... dont remember who it was thou.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

Well it looks like my best options are a used 3rd Gen from Summitgunbroker,who has a good rep around a lot of gun sites and pay the shipping plus transfer, or if I buy new , join the GSSF ($35) and get one for the LEO price from a LEO dist($400 for a reg sight G22) but since streichers had to go and quit selling glocks this year I'd have to order it. So I checked with another LEO dist in GA that handles the program.They will ship to an FFL for me for $15 .

So it breaks down to used from Summit (with older night sights that still work but not day 1 bright) for $365 + $18 ship + $30-ish transfer = about $413

or New for 398.20 (reg sights) 455.40 (Glock night sights) +$35 GSSF Membership+$15 ship + 30ish transfer = about 478.20 (reg) 535.40 (night)

Need to weigh my options I don't mind a used but it has to at least be a 3rd gen, not sure yet if I like the RTF2 on the 3rd gen and not sure if I like the 4th gen with the interchangeable back straps that just came out, the changeable backstraps are probably fine but they changed the recoil springs and guiderod and slide. So I am not sure barrels are the same and I like the ability to change calibers with a barrel swap. Not interested in 2nd gens.
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by 70 cutlass 442 View Post
    there was a guy on here that had a guys number that was MPD glocks for a very reasonable price.... dont remember who it was thou.
    I just did an interweb search, looks like the guy I had do my transfer has some on GunsAmerica. Gonna find out if they're 2nd or 3rd gen.
    Jamie

Bought one (Glock 22) at Cabelas last night. $459 former PD gun that went back to Glock and was refurbed. Looks like brandy new, and has night sights. I'm picking it up monday
    Jamie

nice!

if I thought you wanted to go that way I woulda offered mine up for sale since it's an MPD gun too, haha. thought you wanted to go brand new

Dang, I wasn't fast enough on the draw. The guy that did my transfer buys up a ton of the MPD guns and sellls them relatively cheap
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    nice!

if I thought you wanted to go that way I woulda offered mine up for sale since it's an MPD gun too, haha. thought you wanted to go brand new
    I did, but I figured since it goes back to Glock and anything worn is replaced so it's nearly new and it has night sights which I would've put on anyway at additional cost. I did contact Kevin Wadhams about the MPD Glocks he has, but the ones he has are 2nd Gen and I wanted 3rd gen.
    On Wed morning I was 99% sure I was buying a new S&W M&P but then had to do requal Wed night and the G22 was like an old friend, so I went from new Glock to changing to a M&P to a buying sed refurb Glock. Didn't see that roller coaster coming
    Last edited by Rocket Power; 01-23-2010 at 08:57 PM.
    Jamie

pork- what gen and how much does he ask?

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    get an xd

lasttimearound...

i believe he has second gens like Rocket Power said.

Mine is an MPD gun with the ghost trigger and spring kit. The one's Kevin has don't have that. Shoots really well. I have 3 clips for it. Don't know how many come with the ones Kevin has.

I do like my XD as well. It's a toss up as to which one I'd keep if I had to only keep one.

most if not all mpd g22's are 2nd gen correct? i just want to find something relatively cheap to leave in the house since im gone a lot.

I'm asking $425 for mine(like I said listed above with trigger and spring kit and 3 clips)

and then I have I think 700 rounds of 40S&W that are brand new. 500 Winchester W.B. and 200 Remington RMC.

$575 for everything

If it sells it sells, if it doesn't it doesn't. I'd just use the money to buy something else
    Last edited by Crawlin; 01-24-2010 at 07:11 PM.

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by That_Guy View Post
    get an xd
    Maybe he don't want one.

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by MurphysLaw88GT View Post
    Maybe he don't want one.
    that face \/ just laughed at your post.... glocks are nice but imo they are overrated if im going to drop 500 on something used its not going to be a glock. id much rather spend the extra 35-50 dollars to get something new... and better.

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    Awesome. Maybe no one gives a fuck.