Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
    Is his name Wadhams? I did a receiver transfer through him for the CETME I built.
    Thats him, very nice guy over the phone. Much more then I can say about Badger AND shooters shop, are all the gun shops in town run by assholes or what?
    Last edited by pOrk; 01-09-2010 at 07:36 PM.
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Pretty much. It's the same ole thing everywhere. Unless you know them or go in there 100x's a month, you are bottom of the list.

Only thing is the girlfriend went to high school with Mike and Adam Allen, so when they saw her with me, Mike was awesome to talk to and helped me out with a bunch of info.

Sucks its gotta be that way.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    Did I tell you guys how fortunate I am to have a FFL in the family.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    the true question now is.... how do YOU go about getting one so you can help out the "southerners" hahah

I am up there frequently so I can do the transfer at the business.
    Brian comes down here quite a bit to the gunshows and can do transfers there also.
    if someone ever wants to go up I wouldnt mind accompanying them.

Honestly the .40 sigma has to be one of the worst handguns I have ever shot. Cheap yes but I would add some more cash and buy a XD or somthing quality. Once you buy a nicer handgun you will never touch it again.
    2007 C6 ZO6 427ci stock for now!
    2008 BMW 135i 3.0 of twin turbo goodness.(sold)
    2006 WRX STI-STOCK(sold)
    1994 Transam-640rwhp 383 procharged(parting out let me know what you need)

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HP ADDICT View Post
    Honestly the .40 sigma has to be one of the worst handguns I have ever shot. Cheap yes but I would add some more cash and buy a XD or somthing quality. Once you buy a nicer handgun you will never touch it again.
    x2

And I own a Sigma .40

I will say that it shoots ANYTHING I jam into it, though. I've never had a single FTF or FTE.

It's just a very 'rough around the edges' gun. The trigger pull doesn't bother me. It's about the same as most DA revolvers out there. It's the travel and creep that suck. It's not a gun that you can ease the trigger....it's point and PULL. And because of that accuracy suffers.

If you're just using it as a plinker, Sigma's are OK. There is no way I would ever put my life on the line with one. At Gander these were our #1 worst gun. I would say 50% of them we sold came back to be worked on at least once. It got so bad for awhile we wouldn't even work on them anymore, we would just send them back to Smith.

And yeah, they are a little rough around the edges to. As someone else said, save your money, get a used Glock/XD, you'll be much better off.

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    My Dad has a Sigma .40SW. Not a great gun, but it's like 5 years old now so maybe the older ones were better. While I don't particularly like it, it has been reliable and it'll eat even the most crap ammo. It feels cheap and disposable like a Glock--all the stamped steel parts and whatnot. It's more of an instinct gun, aiming and squeezing with the intention of hitting something the size of a silver dollar at 75' doesn't work so well but I've gotten a few four-legged critters scurrying across the yard with my Dad's.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STANMAN View Post
    I would say 50% of them we sold came back to be worked on at least once.

Was that the older version though (pre '99)? I know they had problems....but the newer version is much beter.

being a Vet. S&W has a program out for 40% off any gun on their site,they will then ship it to a FFL holder of your choice,I'm trying to decide what to get tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    Was that the older version though (pre '99)? I know they had problems....but the newer version is much beter.
    Depends on what "newer" is, I worked in the gunsmith shop at the Germantown Gander 2004-2006ish?

Thumbs up Firearms License

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    I am up there frequently so I can do the transfer at the business.
    Brian comes down here quite a bit to the gunshows and can do transfers there also.
    if someone ever wants to go up I wouldnt mind accompanying them.
    Did I mention how cool it is being able to order a gun and have it show up on my doorstep in a couple of days????

Come on up, shooting, fires, some partying, transfers, ya know the usual guy stuff. Don't forget there is a 48 hr wait on handguns, that means you get here Friday afternoon, do the paperwork, shoot it on premise, and take actual posession Sunday afternoon, go home tell your friends how much fun you had...
    Last edited by Coops Brother; 01-10-2010 at 12:29 PM. Reason: can't friggin' spell

Second Amendment = Reset button for the Constitution.
    17 Yr. GM Master Technician, (Ret.)
    Type 01-Federal Firearms License Holder
    Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Contact me with your firearm needs
    '02 FLHTCUI- 95"- 106HP

Quote Originally Posted by Coops Brother View Post
    Did I mention how cool it is being able to order a gun and have it show up on my doorstep in a couple of days????
    It's cool for C&R guns, so it must be even better for new stuff
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    being a Vet. S&W has a program out for 40% off any gun on their site,they will then ship it to a FFL holder of your choice,I'm trying to decide what to get tho.

more info please? they need a 214 or id? any other makers do this?
    Last edited by lasttimearound; 01-11-2010 at 06:59 AM.

just go to their website and look and it says military id,i had to dig but i found mine.

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    Thats him, very nice guy over the phone. Much more then I can say about Badger AND shooters shop, are all the gun shops in town run by assholes or what?
    He was nice i guess but dicked me around for weeks, never answered or called me back, drove 30 min to his place and he didn't even have my stuff. Won't go through him again
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

Quote Originally Posted by SSLEVO View Post
    He was nice i guess but dicked me around for weeks, never answered or called me back, drove 30 min to his place and he didn't even have my stuff. Won't go through him again
    Weird, I couldn't have had a better experience. He and my Century rep handled everything together, I just paid century for the receiver and him for the transfer, he let me know when it was in and ran up there to pick it up.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Ol' School Ron North's Jewels Champion
    Eric,

The gun that you originally posted about is currently on sale at Cabela's for $299.

Quote Originally Posted by lasttimearound View Post
    more info please? they need a 214 or id? any other makers do this?

Sweet action! Finally that DD214 is worth something.
    -Andy
    PS3, Xbox 360, & Steam tag: Cryptic78

"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)