Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BCM Rseident Grill Master Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay's Avatar

Energy loss help

Looking for a window assesment to evaluate the efficency of windows where I rent. Anyone have free assesments?

Also looking for a assesment on some thermostats.

Ben curious but, why do you need to check the efficiency of the windows where you rent? its not like they would let you replace windows are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    Ben curious but, why do you need to check the efficiency of the windows where you rent? its not like they would let you replace windows are they?
    Exactly. If you think it's an issue just do the plastic stuff.

In some places if you upgrade their apartment for them they'll discount rent to compensate. Depends on the landlord. In my last apartment I had considered putting in my own central air but they only willing to partially compensate me for it. Had they knocked off the equivalent money or even come close in rent discounts i'd have paid for that in a heartbeat.

Fuck putting money into an apartment. The work, the time, the effort. Not worth it. Windows are expensive too. I got a quote on windows for my house...$40,000 later. Move to a newer more efficient place.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    ^ +1. Don't waste your time or money. Chances are your landlord will raise your rent 2 months later anyways
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

BCM Rseident Grill Master Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay's Avatar
    The windows don't seal for shit. And i've called them on it a few times, they have also seen it in person and keep making excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    Fuck putting money into an apartment. The work, the time, the effort. Not worth it. Windows are expensive too. I got a quote on windows for my house...$40,000 later. Move to a newer more efficient place.
    you have a mansion?
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by hbgben View Post
    The windows don't seal for shit. And i've called them on it a few times, they have also seen it in person and keep making excuses.
    caulk them bitches shut and call it a day.

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss View Post
    agreed..

i did this on a sliding glass door we have at my rental house and it cut a shit pot full of draft out of the bed room not to mention if i truely need to get through that door i swift jerk and its open.

Quote Originally Posted by hbgben View Post
    Just do the plastic. Shit works great.

you have a mansion?
    Nope. Just 18 size windows windows and two sliding doors ($5k each). It really shouldn't be that much but Weathertight is a bunch of anal stretching rapists. I laugh at them every time I see them now.
    Last edited by Exitspeed; 01-06-2010 at 01:12 PM.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    For $40k you could hire 11 naked models to hand make the windows on site and install them with sheer nipple force.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Quote Originally Posted by jbiscuit View Post
    For $40k you could hire 11 naked models to hand make the windows on site and install them with sheer nipple force.
    Is that a quote?

whats the number for that place?

Is that a quote?
    it is now.

LOL............

I don't get it..........could someone post up a pic?.............
    Keith & Amanda
    2001 Formula Firehawk
    87 GN Only fast on the Souf Side
    70 GS 455 Stock Appearing

Dude, installing windows is mad easy and you can get energy efficient rebate windows from Menards for 100 bucks each. Let me know if you want to see if they have your size and we will check it out, I'll help install too Come on over and try mine out first if you want to see the quality
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    Dude, installing windows is mad easy and you can get energy efficient rebate windows from Menards for 100 bucks each. Let me know if you want to see if they have your size and we will check it out, I'll help install too Come on over and try mine out first if you want to see the quality
    That's what we figured we would do. I hear they are pretty easy to install. I'd love the help when I get around to it. I was thinking about doing the windows on the front of the house first and then maybe the ones on the back.

The only windows I'm concerned with is the one in the living room which is about 8'wx6'h.

That's what we figured we would do. I hear they are pretty easy to install. I'd love the help when I get around to it. I was thinking about doing the windows on the front of the house first and then maybe the ones on the back.

The only windows I'm concerned with is the one in the living room which is about 8'wx6'h.
    I have two of those huge ass picture windows, neither of which are getting replaced with my salary. I was quoted 2400 bucks per window, just double pane glass not installed. Yikes
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

They have temporary caulk too that goes on clear and then you can just peal it off in the spring/summer. Adam did that to a few of ours that are getting replaced in the spring.
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.