Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Dont go to menards or Homeboy Depot for replacement windows. There the junkiest of the junk that you can get. Those prices seem really high for the other guys who posted in here.

If you pay 40 grand for 18windows and 2 patio doors your crazy.........

you might wanna call up Alside(new berlin) or Norandex Reynolds(milwaukee by the stadium) for some prices.
    Last edited by 1997 Trans-Am; 01-06-2010 at 03:40 PM.
    ~Joe~UNITED SATES NAVY
    LT4 Hotcam, LT headers, Magnaflow Catback, CAI, 58mm TB, FLT Trans, 2800 Stall, UMI suspension

Quote Originally Posted by 1997 Trans-Am View Post
    Dont go to menards or Homeboy Depot for replacement windows. There the junkiest of the junk that you can get. Those prices seem really high for the other guys who posted in here. If you pay 40 grand for just that your crazy
    My windows kick ass from Menards, and my energy bill was cut in half from last year.
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Dont go to menards or Homeboy Depot for replacement windows. There the junkiest of the junk that you can get. Those prices seem really high for the other guys who posted in here. If you pay 40 grand for just that your crazy
    they are a shitty window,however,they are still better than windows from the 50s. I have done a few in my house so far,and they seemed to have sealed up the room,but both of them have condensation between the panes.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss View Post
    they are a shitty window,however,they are still better than windows from the 50s. I have done a few in my house so far,and they seemed to have sealed up the room,but both of them have condensation between the panes.

yeah they are better then the old ones for sure. I do window install for a living and dealing with the better manufactureres everyday like i do, and then installing the random menards window for some jobs is actually quite funny how cheap and junky they are.

the condensation is from a broken seal. You will need to have the sash replaced with a new one. So use up your warranty. the 2 pieces of glass separated from the seal that holds them together allowing the moisture in. fyi
    ~Joe~UNITED SATES NAVY
    LT4 Hotcam, LT headers, Magnaflow Catback, CAI, 58mm TB, FLT Trans, 2800 Stall, UMI suspension

If you pay 40 grand for 18windows and 2 patio doors your crazy.........
    I'd never actually pay that much. Weathertight is crazy.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    you get what you pay for for sure with windows...but don't be scared of the Menards units though either. I put Jeld Wen replacements in my house and I have NO drafts anymore. Energy bill cut way down and easy to install. Even the special orders fit great. I would recommend these to anyone not planning to retire in their current home. My dad bought top of the line Anderson's this past summer for his house and half of them were made too short They didn't install any easier or provide any additional benefit that I saw other than they match his interior trim.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Weathertight is crazy for all there stuff. I had them do a estimate on my roof. They wanted $15K. It took all I had not to bust out laughing.

Champion has pretty good pricing and does decent work.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    Dude, installing windows is mad easy and you can get energy efficient rebate windows from Menards for 100 bucks each. Let me know if you want to see if they have your size and we will check it out, I'll help install too Come on over and try mine out first if you want to see the quality
    Aren't you the guy who couldn't replace a door?

Ben if nobody is in the home while everyone is at work get a programmable thermostat.

I too live in a APT with shitty windows and such, I purchased a nice and easy 3M kit and sealed up all of my windows.

Hell you can see the plastic moving when its windy out, about $30 for the kit and I'm happy. Its simple effective and well does the job for a place you don't own
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

- More naked bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    Aren't you the guy who couldn't replace a door?
    Couldn't and not confident enough are two different things. I am not confident with tearing down all the dry wall around my door, taking the old frame out and putting a new one in as I've never done it before. I've done windows before, and they are entirely different.

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Couldn't and not confident enough are two different things. I am not confident with tearing down all the dry wall around my door, taking the old frame out and putting a new one in as I've never done it before. I've done windows before, and they are entirely different.

You don't have to remove drywall. Just the casing trim. Pop the trim off and you'll see. The drywall is just up to the rough opening. The frame/jamb slides into that. Then the trim to close it off. If you match up the correct door to the rough opening size.... it's the same as installing a window.

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    You don't have to remove drywall. Just the casing trim. Pop the trim off and you'll see. The drywall is just up to the rough opening. The frame/jamb slides into that. Then the trim to close it off. If you match up the correct door to the rough opening size.... it's the same as installing a window.
    Without you seeing the door, its hard to explain. And by drywall, I meant plaster as its an old house. Its not as simple as a normal exterior door. There isn't any 'trim' either.

Without you seeing the door, its hard to explain. And by drywall, I meant plaster as its an old house. Its not as simple as a normal exterior door. There isn't any 'trim' either.

Gotchya!

I don't like plaster!