Turbo Dodge

Heres my CSRT4

mods:

MS1
    AGP CAI
    NOS
    some other small stuff

lets see everyone elses! (turbo Dodge)

Last edited by Turbo-Triumph; 12-16-2009 at 09:49 PM.

LOL @ NOS

nice ride! Any dyno or track numbers?
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

I have a black CSRT4, with the basics - Mopar Stage 1 PCM, K&N Filter, Irridium Plugs.

I am at work, will post pics later.

Where did you get those headlight lenses - or did you have them tinted somewhere? With mine being black, I am looking to do something like that to the head and taillights!
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll have to go get a picture....I've got an 89 Shelby CSX, so the ones with the VNT.

Not mine (my front air dam is broken, paint a little faded in spots):

1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Irish
    Last edited by Irish; 12-27-2009 at 10:17 AM.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    CSX = turbo dodge shadow?
    Basically...but not quite. The CSX were one of the not-so-many dodges that actually went to Shelby's shop as a shell, and moddified all in-house.

From suspension, engine, even the interior were done by the Shop. That's not to say that it might outwardly strike someone as different than a shadow. Of course, prior to this, there were no TIV...and then TIV versions showed up in other chrysler products from 90 on. However, the TIV were tuned less aggressively (less boost/timing) than the shelby ecu's allowed for.

While very quick, and something like the 3rd/4th fastest american car of '89, they were also considered a revolution in handling for a fwd car.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Irish
    Last edited by Irish; 12-27-2009 at 10:16 AM.

Blog Entries
    What are the numbers for it?
    Specs? Rated 175hp (same as the chrysler units w/ 3lbs less boost) and 2700lbs. 500 were made, 498 for the public, mine is #500.

One of the cool things was it was one of, if not THE first car to use a variable vane turbo....

0-60 varied in test from lower 6's to 7.0 flat...quatermile times were generally around15.0 @ 94mph, mine went 14.8 @ 94 at GLD back around 1999 bone stock. skidpad numbers were ~ high .8's with the stock GT+4...however, the upgraded tires (195's were stock, 225's optional) put you in the 0.9 range...can't recall what tires they were, but they were goodyear's as well. I have some very aggressive potenza's on the car now, and it sticks/brakes like I can't believe.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Irish
    Last edited by Irish; 12-27-2009 at 10:15 AM.

Blog Entries
    Turbo size? Was this a SOHC or DOHC? 4g63?
    It's effectively a .25 a/r size. The engine is the tried/true 2.2 SOHC 8v K engine from mopar.

The turbo sizing might strike some as small, and it is...but then that was the beauty of the VNT-turbo...the vanes would orient in such a way to allow for higher vane speeds without running into problems with adiabatic efficiency that a similar sized turbo would run into at similar boost levels. Because the vanes could bleed off pressure, this was also a turbo with no wastegate....though others would later modify this in other applications.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Tri-power Shelby, triple the intercoolers
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

The original, "worlds largest intercooler on a turbododge"

Almost forgot about Shelby Colt #1 of 1!

Can you tell im bored at work? Answering the phone and screwing off..on the clock

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    I have always wanted one of these....

http://www.stangbangers.com/93_Dodge...RT_Article.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Moparjim View Post
    I have a black CSRT4, with the basics - Mopar Stage 1 PCM, K&N Filter, Irridium Plugs.

I am at work, will post pics later.

Where did you get those headlight lenses - or did you have them tinted somewhere? With mine being black, I am looking to do something like that to the head and taillights!
    i used tint in a can, yes its illegal, no, no tickets yet, not bad decrease in output.

to who asked about power numbers:
    should be 300tq/hp at the ground, limited by the ecu severly

BUT!!

DiabloSport is doing all they can to crack the CPU to make a predator, as we speak.

im thinkin with the predator and bolt ons, you could get easily 360-400whp on pump gas all stock internals... and not gernade it

And wow you guys got some nice rides! any et's out there? when mine was completley stock i ran a 14.4@100 with a 2.6 60' lol but i had another run with a 2.2 60' and a worse time?

hopeing to buy smaller (18's) rims and buy some badass tires for summer, and go back and hopefully get mid 13's. it pisses me off the fwd'ness of the car, because i can run with some badass shit from 30ish+

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Jerome View Post
    and this reminds me of my old car. i love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Jerome View Post
    that hood is still in jeff's garage haha
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    I am going to live a little vicariously through you guys. Keep the pics coming.

I miss my old nSRT-4 although the owner group now isn't nearly what it used to be . Here is one of the only pics I could find of it:

I always wondered why Dodge went with the 19s for the CSRT-4. I know it's a semi-large hatchback but I think 19s is overkill. Extra work for the tranny and a lot more $$ on tires for owners. I think 18s would have been just fine.

Stock they have ran 260 fwhp. I've seen intake/MS1/plugs put roughly 290 fwhp but most have needed a downpipe to break 300.
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette