Is there a way to wire for an electric shield

on a sled that dosen't have a battery for any accessories?

Its a dumb question from a dumbshit of a person, me!

I was thinking about it and Im not sure, is there?

Yes, there are kits out there for doing this. I don't know which Arctic Cat you have, but you can find wiring kits at places like shadetree or Dennis Kirk. You have to find and tie into running power. The last sled I did this on I was able to find power and ground at a connector at the base of the handlebars in the steering post area. You may have to take the handlebar pad off to find these wires. If you buy a kit, there are usually some instructions that come with it to get you pointed in the right direction.

Also, for what it's worth, I had one of these shield set-ups several years ago, and it became problematic after a couple years of use. The rca type plug connector on the visor quit working. Also, I never liked being hooked up to a wire and having to constantly plug and unplug every time you got off the sled. Just kind of a pain in general. So one year I was at the snow show and picked up a Polaris AF-1 helmet. AF stands for anti-fog. I was hesitant to buy it at first, cause I would fog up every helmet I ever owned, but they assured me it would not fog so I bought it. Going on 3 years now and have never fogged it up. Am very happy with that helmet, have since bought another for my wife and one of my buddies bought one too, and none have ever fogged. So you may want to look into something like that if you have not yet purchased a heated shield.

I have gone through a few heated shield setups through the years. Just find a 12 volt source to tap in to and it will work.....for about a year, unless the setups have gotten better in recent years. I dont piss around with it anymore, its my moto helmet and goggles for me, no more concerns with fog.

Buy a scorpion helmet, they come with anti fog shields and you dont have to plug them in.
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

I assume this discussion is about snowmobiles? Every full face snowmobile shield will have a double lens "anti-fog" shield, for many people they work just fine with the breath box in there. I also have a Ski Doo modular helmet that I have never had fog problems but it is too small for my head. If it were one size bigger it would be better, but it is very heavy.

I've actually been looking at modualr helmets with a breath box setup. I think Im just goign to order and see how it works out. From the reviews I have been reading people swear by them and it seems to be the most cost efective route for myself. Money is limited and this hopefully will work out best.

Thank you for the input fellas!

nick call me i know exactly how if it is for your zr.....just did one this week. i will pm you my number.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

I would sell you my BRP modular but its bright yellow and says Ski Doo.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    I've actually been looking at modualr helmets with a breath box setup. I think Im just goign to order and see how it works out. From the reviews I have been reading people swear by them and it seems to be the most cost efective route for myself. Money is limited and this hopefully will work out best.

Thank you for the input fellas!
    Very heavy and overpriced ski-doo junk
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

There are more manufacturers than just BRP. They work well if properly adjusted, but they are heavy. I would hardly call them "junk".

that is your opinion
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL