Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Help pimp my kid's new gun out

As a belated Christmas present to my boys I picked up a Ruger 10/22 with Tapco adjustable stock from Coop's Brother (Brian), picking it up on the 1st. Ton's of options out there for this and of course boys being boys, they not only want this thing to shoot nice, but also look like something out of Call of Duty.

So we are taking a scope, some sort of a barrel shroud, flashlight, a bi-pod possibly..I will let you guys give me the ideas. Already have an additional 25 rd mag coming as well.

Looks to be called the Tapco Fusion system; http://www.combatstocks.com/TAPCO_Fu..._STK63160B.cfm

Here is what she looks like, just with an angled stock (if I remember correctly)

Thanks!

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    So what do they want it to do with it? Is function or form more important?

Ol' School Ron North's Jewels Champion
    Looks like most of the upper would be very easy to give it a custom cammo paint job.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    There is nothing that I hate more than a 10/22 with a tapco stock...lol....or even 'AR'd" at all.

But yes....rimefirecentral.com is where it's at for ideas.

Tactical section...

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...play.php?f=221

The Nordic AR22 and the Archangel are the best looking set-ups IMO.
    Last edited by Lash; 12-28-2009 at 02:41 PM.

Mall Ninja in training? j/k
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Quote Originally Posted by MurphysLaw88GT View Post
    So what do they want it to do with it? Is function or form more important?
    A nice compromise. For sure a scope (that is actually useful), after that I really don't know what to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Lash
    There is nothing that I hate more than a 10/22 with a tapco stock...lol....or even 'AR'd" at all.
    Yeah, I know, if it was purely my gun I wouldn't go that way BUT my target audience is in the "look cool" phase. I figure let them get this out of their system and recognize that all the cool looking shit really probably doesn't do you any good.

Thanks for the info guys! If there is anything in particular that you think is better (one part over another) just chime in

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post

But yes....rimefirecentral.com is where it's at for ideas.

Tactical section...

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...play.php?f=221

The Nordic AR22 and the Archangel are the best looking set-ups IMO.

Really!! All the TactiCOOL of an AR and only pennies to shoot!! That being said, after the cost of the gun, stock and other tacticool accessories, you'd probably be further ahead to buy the new Colt M4 .22 or the S&W M&P15-22. Either gun can be had for under $600, under $500 for the S&W.

I personally do not like the Archangel kit. I've seen some cool builds on the T6 stock and Nordic stock. With some modification you can fit a UTG quad rail on a T6 stock for ultimate tacticool!! With a little more you can make it look like it belongs there.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    I have a awesome scope for that hmmmm should i sell it. it was on my .17 its awesome

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    those are some sweet looking guns. Everyone's got AR's it seems, haha. I really like that new Ruger Mini 14 w/ ATI stock.

Some of the guns in that link on rimfirecentral.com are pretty neat looking.

here's another link for you with some info. it was where i was finding my mini 14 information

http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=100
    Last edited by Crawlin; 12-28-2009 at 07:13 PM.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fivonut View Post
    Really!! All the TactiCOOL of an AR and only pennies to shoot!!
    With the amount of money some of those guys have stuck in those guns.....you could buy a REAL AR and a .22 conversion kit and have the best of both worlds.

This does me just fine..
    10/22 Target model, BSA Plantinum 8-32x44, Kimber fluted .920 barrel, misc. small stuff:

10 shots, 50 yards, front bag rest only, Federal bulk:

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43420

Saw Jim just post this up so I figured I'd post it up in here for ya since they might have a couple things you are looking for. Free $20 when you spend $100. So like Jim said, 20% off

Scott Walker for President. SSmike1's Avatar
    Scott,
    Nice rifle!

now this is the first thing they need to learn!
    how to make Groups like this!!!!!!!!

nice groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    With the amount of money some of those guys have stuck in those guns.....you could buy a REAL AR and a .22 conversion kit and have the best of both worlds.

This does me just fine..
    10/22 Target model, BSA Plantinum 8-32x44, Kimber fluted .920 barrel, misc. small stuff:

10 shots, 50 yards, front bag rest only, Federal bulk:
    2000 SS camaro

Scott Walker for President. SSmike1's Avatar
    NICE .22 rifle.
    i love it. (what is the wife guna say when she finds out???? )

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Roper View Post
    As a belated Christmas present to my boys I picked up a Ruger 10/22 with Tapco adjustable stock from Coop's Brother (Brian), picking it up on the 1st. Ton's of options out there for this and of course boys being boys, they not only want this thing to shoot nice, but also look like something out of Call of Duty.

So we are taking a scope, some sort of a barrel shroud, flashlight, a bi-pod possibly..I will let you guys give me the ideas. Already have an additional 25 rd mag coming as well.

Looks to be called the Tapco Fusion system; http://www.combatstocks.com/TAPCO_Fu..._STK63160B.cfm

Here is what she looks like, just with an angled stock (if I remember correctly)

Thanks!
    2000 SS camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SSmike1 View Post
    NICE .22 rifle.
    Does your wife tell you when she buys $300 worth of makeup or whatever.... purses, shoes......? mums the word

Second Amendment = Reset button for the Constitution.
    17 Yr. GM Master Technician, (Ret.)
    Type 01-Federal Firearms License Holder
    Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Contact me with your firearm needs
    '02 FLHTCUI- 95"- 106HP

LMAO!!!

That's ONE purse to some of these ladies..

I would rock that for plinking, but go with a composite stock, not the tapco style. And keep the scope on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SSmike1 View Post
    NICE .22 rifle.
    Already dealt with. Handed her a box of 500 shells for the gun to wrap up for the boys and said "Deal with it"

When I bought my AR the G/F told me it was OK as long as I bought her a ring (NOT a wedding ring, a mother's ring). I spent $1300 on the gun and it only cost me a $100 ring. Worth it, I think. I'm worried to see what my $4000 rifle is gunna cost me...

Quote Originally Posted by fivonut View Post
    When I bought my AR the G/F told me it was OK as long as I bought her a ring (NOT a wedding ring, a mother's ring). I spent $1300 on the gun and it only cost me a $100 ring. Worth it, I think. I'm worried to see what my $4000 rifle is gunna cost me...
    Well, following previous math (7.7%) something around $308, still not bad ROI