Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post whore
    It sounds like you are looking for a condo or townhouse. I don't think any appartments will meet all of those.
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    I liked the one I lived in on Janesville Rd in Muskego. Right across from Kohl's.

Nice big place with cathedral ceilings(in the upper). LOTS of storage, Nice big closests. Private entrance, 2 car garage. I think it was 1400sqft, no loft area. Was 2 full baths too. One was a tub/shower and one was s stall shower. pets are allowed with a $25/month increase I think it was. And the structure was great. neighbor had a newborn and we couldn't ever hear it. I could hear Bushy Fest though in the summer. But live music one week out of the year was kina nice.

Only downside was that it was like $1000/month. So the one Pork is talking about sounds cool.

I do have pics of my place
    Last edited by Crawlin; 12-21-2009 at 11:24 AM.

Last edited by Car Guy; 05-17-2011 at 10:34 AM.

Yeah Crawlin's old place was real nice the one time I saw it. Great location too
    -Tyler

Hidden Creek, its right acrsoos the street from where Torque Center use to be and its right behind Culvers. Its on National Ave around 167th? Its right down the road from the New Berlin library.

If you have any questions pm me. My wife and I lived there for several years, really nice place and the rent was right for what they offered and it was a very quiet and clean area.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    My place was just east of Moorland Rd. on Janesville Rd. in Muskego. They are white w/ green shutters and roof shingles. It's just two complexes, one behind the other. Two story. Each had 8 apartments. Garages were under the complex behind the building. Really quiet, mostly older people, but I never had problems with my old '99 Z pretty much sounding open headers. Not one complaint ever.

Gas fireplace too, haha. Only used it once. I had an upper that was in the back complex all the way to the left as you were looking at them. So furthest away from the road basically. The way they are set up, I wanted a corner so I could have windows in the bedroom.

They are really only 1 bedroom w/ a den, but I used it as two bedrooms, both of them having a queen size bed and furniture in them. So they had space.

I will look for the pics, thought they were on my photobucket

Wow, rent went up a bit since I last checked. This is the place with the loft:

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/apa/1492949359.html
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Hidden Creek, its right acrsoos the street from where Torque Center use to be and its right behind Culvers. Its on National Ave around 167th? Its right down the road from the New Berlin library.

If you have any questions pm me. My wife and I lived there for several years, really nice place and the rent was right for what they offered and it was a very quiet and clean area.
    Thanks for the recommendation, I'll look in to it and let you know if we take a tour.....

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    My place was just east of Moorland Rd. on Janesville Rd. in Muskego. They are white w/ green shutters and roof shingles. It's just two complexes, one behind the other. Two story. Each had 8 apartments. Garages were under the complex behind the building. Really quiet, mostly older people, but I never had problems with my old '99 Z pretty much sounding open headers. Not one complaint ever.

Gas fireplace too, haha. Only used it once. I had an upper that was in the back complex all the way to the left as you were looking at them. So furthest away from the road basically. The way they are set up, I wanted a corner so I could have windows in the bedroom.

They are really only 1 bedroom w/ a den, but I used it as two bedrooms, both of them having a queen size bed and furniture in them. So they had space.

I will look for the pics, thought they were on my photobucket
    Chris, do you remember the name...???

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post

I know exactly where these are; probably drove by them a thousand times in my life going to and returning from HWY 100. They seem to be priced right with free heat and underground parking. 9 times out of 10 when there is underground parking (concrete base structure) and free heat it means hydronic in floor heat exists.....

Quote Originally Posted by Car Guy View Post
    GarBear021 & DerangedPony, care to comment on these reviews for Southfield.....

http://www.apartmentreviews.net/rati...apartments.htm

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate...partments.html
    We never had most of these problems. I would have to agree that the windows do suck, but with our 2nd floor apt., I only turn the heat on when it gets below zero because most of the time, the temp is just fine in here (I like it on the colder side). As for the condition of the unit, when we moved in, the condition was better then I expected. The carpet was new and everything else seem clean. The fixtures are on the cheaper side, but it's not very bad.

As for noise, we are on the end of the building but I still have never heard any of my neighbors. The guy downstairs likes to blast the music sometimes that I can hear when I pass his window outside, but cannot be heard from the apt. Only thing I can hear for inside the apt. is the random landing airplane.

As for the management, we never had a problem. Also, the management was changed about three months ago, so somebody must of had problems so that's changed. As for break-ins, I find that very hard to believe. There have been zero problems the past year and everybody here is very nice. Some people even leave their garage open for most of the day without worry.

This info. is for the older buildings. The new buildings look very nice but I have never been in one. We did our research before moving in and for the areas we wanted to move to, this was the best place that had a garage and allowed animals.
    2007 Focus ST

They have 2000 sq ft w/ partial loft units with free heat on 92nd and layton that I was digging before I bought. Check them out, I think they were 750 a month for a 2 bedroom with the 800 sq ft loft area
    I just spoke with the leasing office and that complex has no vacancies now or in the near future. The person I spoke with said there is very little turnaround which is good to know because it shows they are desired units but unfortunate for us right now.....

Last edited by Car Guy; 12-24-2009 at 03:10 AM.

Very nice apartments!!!
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

That hasn't gone well. British_Ben's Avatar
    It all depends on what you call them, the definition of apartment is contradicting in itself.....

Do you guys recall the name...??? Pictures would be great Crawlin, jjancarik@hotmail.com

Crawlin's place was really nice. I remember driving straight past it the first time I was heading over because it is so hidden from the road. I don't remember ever seeing an apartment sign saying what the name of the place was. I honestly don't think there is a sign like most apartment buildings have.

Quote Originally Posted by hrsp View Post
    Very nice apartments!!!
    Why do you say that, have you been inside them...???

Stonegate has all that you are looking for, in New Berlin but would be out of your price range. Last I heard a one bedroom there was close to $900, might be worth looking into though in case its cheaper. Nice units and location, lived there for two years in a 3 bedroom. Private entrance, attached garage, large rooms, etc. I'd think with those requirements it will be very hard to find an apartment that meets them plus is that cheap...but I could be wrong.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by PB86MCSS View Post
    Stonegate has all that you are looking for, in New Berlin but would be out of your price range. Last I heard a one bedroom there was close to $900, might be worth looking into though in case its cheaper. Nice units and location, lived there for two years in a 3 bedroom. Private entrance, attached garage, large rooms, etc. I'd think with those requirements it will be very hard to find an apartment that meets them plus is that cheap...but I could be wrong.
    For what they are those are a little more than we'd like to spend.....

We are looking at the Kendal Woods apartments in Oak Creek this Sunday. $740 for a 880 sq/ft one bedroom with walk in closet, private entrance, and 2 underground parking spaces.....

Why do you say that, have you been inside them...???
    yeah a few years back..very large and very clean...

So you ever find a place?
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

any update?

Hey if you haven't found something yet, I might know of a 1200 sq/ft ranch 3br/1bath with a nice 2 car detached (and heated... if you want it to be) garage that might be for rent sometime in the near future.

I forgot about this thread.....

So you ever find a place?
    Quote Originally Posted by hrsp View Post
    any update?
    I am currently staying with Laura at Kendall Woods apartment complex in Oak Creek and should be here until this fall. The unit is an 880 sq/ft 1 bedroom lower which includes one underground parking space, parking in the attached lot, and free parking on the street. The rent is $740 and utilities will average ~$100 per month. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a very nice apartment for a very decent price. Everything you need is VERY close, Target, Pick `n Save, Kohl's, Office Max, interstate access, etc. The complex was built in `00 and is very solid. The only noise heard from the neighbors is an occasional squeak in the floor above us, otherwise as quiet as a library.....

Last edited by Car Guy; 05-03-2010 at 04:19 AM.