Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    \/ What amazing looks like \/
    Im passing up on this months and hopping in on next months.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    are we gonna meet up for breakfast,I cant shoot on a empty tank

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    are we gonna meet up for breakfast,I cant shoot on a empty tank
    I'm in, where we eatin?
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    i'm all for that. there's the mcD's that's right down the street if you want something quick. Otherwise I believe there is a denny's just a bit up the way as well.

Question -

what are the shooting requirements portion of this training? Would like to get a couple "practices" before saturday.

we should be receiving an email soon from what I was told. I'm trying to find my big cooler for a bunch of soda/gatorade for the day too.

Remember to dress in layers from what the earlier "students" have said. Classroom could be cold, even though it's supposed to be 50's this week.

And seat cushion of some sort I'm thinking. My backside can't take real long periods of sitting.

Ol' School Ron North's Jewels Champion
    Chris you will do fine on the shooting part. One is you shoot a 8 1/2x11 piece of paper from 10' away and then another 8 1/2x11 piece of paper from 20 feet away.

^ Really,maybe i should bring the Judge and 50 #4 and absolutely destroy the paper in one shot. Whatcha think Chris

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    I'm in, where we eatin?
    lets see if we can get the whole gang together early park at fletchers and ride to dennys in one car.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    ^ Really,maybe i should bring the Judge and 50 #4 and absolutely destroy the paper in one shot. Whatcha think Chris
    Yep it is seriously that close. I think he does that because your not really going fire your weapon far away. I dont think you would be able to use the judge.

Can always bring it and ask, hahaha.

I'm down for meeting early and headingto the denny's. I think the denny's is right down the street by Wilde Honda? bit further east. Not 100% sure though.

Oh wait, just remembered that's a Burger King.

hey whats the link for the stuff we gotta read up on before the class.

http://www.ppa-wi.com/?aim=course_preparation

Very good Read. He also recommends in his class to read the book On Combat by LT. Col. Dave Grossman....... Just dont pick up the book by him called "On Killing" LOL I did and it is a lot of stuff for the Military and dont think it is the same.

thanks alot scott

there was a baker's square down the street at one point. don't remember if it's there anymore. was across the street from boucher chevrolet

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    It is now a computer place. The Bakers Square is gone.

dammit! we are screwed for breakfast. mcd's or BK is all there is I think. that little diner next to the carpet store gone too? I remember someone who worked at the carpet store always had some cool GTO's out front back in the late 80's early 90's

No problem coop. And I was at fletchers this weekend and it wasnt bad temp wise just bring atleast a sweatshirt and you should be good.

chris we will hammer it out by this weekend

Just got the email....

I’ll be glad to have you in my handgun self-defense class on Saturday, March 20, 2010. This note provides info about location, schedule, gear, and your preparation. I’ll be grateful if you pass along this info to those who will attend with you.

The complete course will be conducted at Fletcher Arms, 1441A E. Main Street, Waukesha, WI 53186, (262) 549-4488. A link to Google Maps, driving directions from I-94 and I-43, and GPS coordinates are provided below.

I’ll begin instruction at 10:29am.

Please arrive between about 30 minutes early to receive class materials, and get settled in. If you need to reach me near class time that morning, my cell phone number is (608) 239-7474. Barring student equipment problems, I expect we’ll finish live-fire drills and your Utah carry permit training certifications by 7:45pm.

Please bring a picture ID of some sort, like a driver license, for when notarize your documents.

Please don’t bring firearms and live ammunition into the classroom. Secure them in your vehicle until we visit the range.

As for gear, bring a handgun, at least 30 rounds of ammunition, and a couple of serviceable magazines or a speedloader, if you have them. Holsters and mag pouches aren’t required. Fletcher Arms rents handguns for about $8.00. If renting, they require use of their ammunition. Preferable caliber for this course is .38 Special for revolver or 9MM or larger for semi-automatic.

If bringing your own firearm, be certain it’s clean and in safe working order. I’ll inspect all equipment prior to live-fire drills. Take some time to before class to get re-acquainted with your gun and its owner’s manual for a refresher on functionality … clearing, loading, unloading, racking slides, releasing magazines, and using decocking and safety mechanisms.

You’ll need ear protection, eye protection, and a baseball-type hat on the firing line, the latter to keep hot brass from finding its way between your eyepro and face. Pain may be temporary but it makes concentration difficult, a safety issue during live fire. Fletcher Arms has loaner eye and ear protection for those without.

Stretch breaks will be periodic. Lunch break will be 30 minutes. I recommend a sack lunch. Bring them to the classroom if you like.

Dress casually and comfortably. It’s a long day.

To prepare for the course please read the four essays on my Web site: www.PPA-WI.com. Click “Course Preparation” on the front-page menu.

When you arrive, we’ll collect $25 in cash for your classroom and range facility use.

Your Utah permit-to-carry application requires a completed fingerprint card and passport-quality photo. We can take your prints and photo in class for $10 each ($20 cash total per person), about what it costs elsewhere. Or, you can have your police department take your fingerprints and have a passport photo service take your photo. We can notarize your application for no charge during class.

Let me know questions. My contact info is below and attached. We’ll see you that morning.

With best regards,

Michael Bender

Personal Protection Academy

(888) 657-4668)

Google Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...C%20WI%2053186

GPS Coordinates: 43:01:10 North

88:12:24 West

Directions from Interstate 94:

Take Exit 297 off I94 heading southwest onto E. Moreland Road.

After about 0.7 miles on E. Moreland, move to the left-hand lane.

Pass Springdale Road on your right, exiting left off Moreland onto E. Main Street.

Proceed on Main across Hwy 164 and look for Fletcher Arms on your left.

The building is a single-story structure with gravel parking lot in front.

Directions from Interstate 43:

Take Hwy 164 north to E. Main Street.

Turn left or southwesterly on E. Main.

Fletcher Arms will be roughly 500 meters farther on your left.

So what's the deal for tomorrow?

9:15am at Fletcher's then run to grab something to eat? Get back to fletcher's by 10 so we are ready to go by 10:29(hahah)

Chris

Everyone read the 4 essays on the site?