its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar

starter on grand cherokee

looks like im gonna be replacing the starter on my wifes 2000 jeep grand cherokee 4.7L tomm after work was just wondering if anyone has done one and was wondering how much of a bitch its gonna be i looked under there and didnt look to bad but thats how they always look and then suck when u go to swap it out so any ifno is appreciated

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They aren't too bad...just a little tight. The worst is the little clip going to the starter...it get's brittle, so take care not to break it.

Just did a starter on my parents GC, and was done in about an hour, including putting it up on ramps.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

yea i seen its got 2 major bolts that hold it in one that threads into starter and one that goes threw starter housing and has 2 connections for electric one is batt cable and the other is that little clip that looks like i cant wiggle my fat hand in there to disco without removing starter first did u pull wires first then bolts or vice versa??

got'er in yea that little clip was a bitch took some time but got it without breaking nothing

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah...that clip was the longest thing for me too. I unbolted the starter to get a better look at it. That might have made it harder.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

yea i actually pulled the clip off the starter trying to hold it up and clip it in was a bitch and the new one had a rounded clip so it wouldnt secure so i took the old one off old starter and was done in 10min afterwards wish i would have thought of that to begin with