240 rendering Part Duex

So here's basically the Essence with the hood shortened (because it's waaay too long for a production car in this class), with Nissan's headlight design and the grill more like the new Qazana Concept.

Thoughts?

meh, I would leave it, not too keen on the beached whale look
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Don't know if you already saw this but....

TOKYO — With all the media buzz surrounding Toyota's FT-86 and Honda's CR-Z lately, Nissan, which considers itself the preeminent Japanese sports-car maker, is planning to strike back with an all-new version of the 240SX. After getting the proverbial axe in 2002, the 240SX (we call it the Silvia here) will feature styling and packaging loosely based on the Foria concept car that was shown at the 2005 Tokyo Auto Show.

The next 240SX will be built on a shortened version of Nissan's FR-L platform, the same one used for the 370Z and Infiniti G sedan, meaning that the power will be transferred to the rear wheels.

The resurrected 240SX front-engine/rear-drive 2+2 coupe will retain its predecessor's image (the S15) as Nissan's entry-level performance car. The engine is expected to come in the form of a 1.8-liter turbocharged inline-4 with about 200 horsepower. There also may be a naturally aspirated power plant added to the mix, one that will cater to the bargain hunters. We hear that the car will tip the scales around 2,800 pounds, so expect 0-60-mph times in the 6-7-second range.

Plenty of options will be offered, including a flamboyant body kit.

That the new 240SX will be a popular tuner car is a given, so don't be surprised to see 300- to 400-hp conversions (or more) soon after the car is introduced in 2011 or 2012. As for price, we haven't heard much, but expect it to be right on top of the FT-86 and next-generation Mazda MX-5.

Inside Line says: With hot models like the FT-86 and CR-Z on the horizon, Nissan needs the new 240SX to remain competitive in the entry-level performance car segment. — Mak Tokuyama, Correspondent

Yeah I saw that. The new 240 will not look like that concept. I don't care what sources are saying. It looks NOTHING like anything in Nissan's line-up and they have some great looking cars right now. There would be no reason to muddle that all up with the Floria concept.

It was this recent rumor that got me to do try a 240 concept based off of the beautiful Essense.