Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I hunt on my father in law's 800+ acre property and this was the worst gun hunting season ever. The weather absolutely had an effect on gun season this year. The surrounding neighbors with similarly large plots of land also had a bad season. So in several thousands of acres of land where the deer are hunted conservatively and it is not uncommon to see dozens in a day, I can't say DNR management has anything to do with it.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    I don't think it was weather or wolves. It was mismanagement by the DNR over the last ten to fifteen years (or longer.) Over estimating the herd, seventeen different deer seasons, and handing out doe tags like like flyers for a frat party have decimated the herd.
    ding ding ding we have a winner, the Do Nothing Right (DNR) is fucking this up. I am so happy I wasted none of my time hunting this year.Just like they are ruining fishing, They let native americans spearfish and take as much as they like and it dessimates the lakes. So now I have to catch a walleye thats the size of a small great white in order to keep it. All government sucks ass period.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

well, from what i heard this weekend the 16 day hunt is out of the question now, and they are trying to cancel the doe hunt this weekend.

It's a little late for that. I mean it's only a few days away. Assuming it's not cancelled I'll give it a try on sat and sun. Because of the stupid EAB all I can shoot is doe anyway
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

I don't think they can cancel that one this weekend. I mean I don't think they can pull it off. Too many people live under rocks and don't pay attention to any kind of media.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMax View Post
    I don't think they can cancel that one this weekend. I mean I don't think they can pull it off. Too many people live under rocks and don't pay attention to any kind of media.
    Will make for a great revenue source when all those people are fined for poaching.