Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutwaver View Post
    This is defanatly the beginning of the remedy to the camaro problem for Ford....First come out with a high horsepower v6 and then come out with a high horse v8 (5.0 modmotor 420hp?) for the gt, and then stick a variant of the 6.2 that is comming out in the raptor this spring into the gt500, but boost it.....that gt500, with irs, WILL be the zr-1 killer
    No friggen way. Suspension setups aside (which is another can of worms for the GT500) the GT500 has a huge amount of weight to shed to be truly competitive.... In a straight line, and ESPECIALLY in the twisties. The C6 chassis is just WAY better than the GT500.

Take a look at the performance difference between the equal horsepower C6 Z06 and GT500. Night and day.

IMO the vette is a much better all-arounder, and is truly in the exotic league when it comes to a true sports-car. If you are looking for something to modify and care more about the straight line performance, get the GT500.

EDIT:
    Side note. Kudos to Ford for stepping up their game on the v-6 stang. The new Camaro has the current v6 stang HANDILY covered, in fact it wasn't even a competition. However if Ford really comes through with this V6, I think the edge goes back to Ford for the V6s.
    Last edited by WhatsADSM; 12-01-2009 at 12:03 PM.

saying that the gt500 is going to be a zr1 killer....kind of retarded also IMO.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    At the end of the day, who here would buy a V6 'stang? V6 camaro? V6 challenger?

Even as a cover "Maybe I'd get one for the wife...." but then, was your purchase based on HP? No, not really...

As of the '11 model year, all three will have very nice v6's, all putting out 300+hp, all backed by really nifty trans. But I don't think there is any link to how much performance the base models possesses and the amount sold...these things will just end up as cars for high school kids 10 years from now to pose around for the most part.

I mean, how many mustangs have been sold with 4 cylinders?
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    At the end of the day, who here would buy a V6 'stang? V6 camaro? V6 challenger?

Even as a cover "Maybe I'd get one for the wife...." but then, was your purchase based on HP? No, not really...

As of the '11 model year, all three will have very nice v6's, all putting out 300+hp, all backed by really nifty trans. But I don't think there is any link to how much performance the base models possesses and the amount sold...these things will just end up as cars for high school kids 10 years from now to pose around for the most part.

I mean, how many mustangs have been sold with 4 cylinders?
    You forgot about rental cars! Now when I rent a mustang it might have a chance at turning the tires over. Also, I read the '11 V6 is faster around Fords test track than a 2010 V8.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutwaver View Post
    This is defanatly the beginning of the remedy to the camaro problem for Ford....First come out with a high horsepower v6 and then come out with a high horse v8 (5.0 modmotor 420hp?) for the gt, and then stick a variant of the 6.2 that is comming out in the raptor this spring into the gt500, but boost it.....that gt500, with irs, WILL be the zr-1 killer
    You sir, are fucking high.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    Yeah he is. He said in chat that he didn't know what he was thinking when he typed that.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Is a 10' ss camaro faster then a gt500(with a blower)?

nice to see the v6's stepping it up. Will be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Don't count on it!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    No friggen way. Suspension setups aside (which is another can of worms for the GT500) the GT500 has a huge amount of weight to shed to be truly competitive.... In a straight line, and ESPECIALLY in the twisties. The C6 chassis is just WAY better than the GT500.

Take a look at the performance difference between the equal horsepower C6 Z06 and GT500. Night and day.

IMO the vette is a much better all-arounder, and is truly in the exotic league when it comes to a true sports-car. If you are looking for something to modify and care more about the straight line performance, get the GT500.

EDIT:
    Side note. Kudos to Ford for stepping up their game on the v-6 stang. The new Camaro has the current v6 stang HANDILY covered, in fact it wasn't even a competition. However if Ford really comes through with this V6, I think the edge goes back to Ford for the V6s.
    Quote Originally Posted by 07ROUSHSTG3 View Post
    saying that the gt500 is going to be a zr1 killer....kind of retarded also IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Josepy View Post
    Yeah he is. He said in chat that he didn't know what he was thinking when he typed that.

yes I wasnt thinking when I wrote this!
    Quote Originally Posted by jakedrew View Post

I dont believe so....around a road course yes, however in the 1/4 mile there hasnt been anything consistant
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Quote Originally Posted by jakedrew View Post

New SS M6's are high 12's capable out of the box. but run around 13.1-13.2 consistently from 110 -113 mph. Faster than a GT500 stock for stock? no... the LS3 with a blower you ask? Ones with box stock TVS kits, headers and a custom tune with traction are flirting with tens.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Irish
    Last edited by Irish; 12-28-2009 at 10:14 AM.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    ya, i was reading about them in some car mag and was curious what other people have found about it ( ss vs gt500). thanks

v6s suck. who cares.

when chevy announced big numbers from their v6, all the ford people blew it off because it was a v6. now that ford has something to compete in the class the mustang network is all worked up.

v6 mustangs suck.

an ecoboost v6 mustang would suck a lot less, but still suck nonetheless.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 07ROUSHSTG3 View Post
    v6 mustangs suck.
    Actually, I think the Mustang guys are so worked up about the v6 'stang not because it's awesome....but becuase it'll obsolete many of their 4.6 GT's.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

The new GT 500 with the 6.0 will be one bad mother.

Nothing will compete with it dollar for dollar.

Doesn't the zr-1 sticker for 40k more? I think Greg@GLD's 2007 500 is going 11.30's with very minor upgrades.
    Last edited by BOSS LX; 12-02-2009 at 05:06 PM.

Ford should have figured out how to squeeze the Ecoboost SHO engine in the V-6 stang. 365 Hp for a 6 cyl mustang would be all right. I would not buy it b/c of the sound of the 6, but I bet it would perform pretty good and get good mileage.

I have been looking at the 2010 Roush's and if Ford is going to announce a bigger V-8 for 2011, then I am waiting for that!

2005 Roush Sport, 2009 F-150 PLATINUM SCREW
    You can get your Ford in any color you want, as long as it's black.

Quote Originally Posted by catnhat View Post
    and if Ford is going to announce a bigger V-8 for 2011, then I am waiting for that!
    that is coming. 4 valve 5.0 for 2011.

Blog Entries
    but I bet it would perform pretty good and get good mileage.
    Why would it get good mileage? Everything the ecoboost is in, it's get's v8 like mileage.

Heck, in the SUV of the year for MT, the ecoboost ford flex scored worst in the test in mileage...even the more traditional SUV with larger all-terrain tires like the 4runner beat it by 20+% in fuel mileage.

Even in a comparison to an AWD Hemi 300C, the ecoboost scored less than 0.5 mpg better better mileage over 400 miles...a difference that would easily be explained by having a more aerodynamic shape and the electric steering booster.

IF we don't see the "ecoboost" make it's way to the mustang it'll be because ford figured out that it'll cost more to produce and warranty an ecoboost 'v6 stang vs. that of a v8 stang; however, they won't be able to sell for the same or higher price, driving down the profits...and ultimately ecoboost sales will just eat away from the more profitable v8 sales.

Don't get me wrong...ecoboost is a good engine; it just has a poor, misleading name.
    Last edited by Prince Valiant; 12-03-2009 at 11:37 AM.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    Heck, in the SUV of the year for MT, the ecoboost ford flex scored worst in the test in mileage...even the more traditional SUV with larger all-terrain tires like the 4runner beat it by 20+% in fuel mileage.

Even in a comparison to an AWD Hemi 300C, the ecoboost scored less than 0.5 mpg better better mileage over 400 miles...a difference that would easily be explained by having a more aerodynamic shape and the electric steering booster.

Don't get me wrong...ecoboost is a good engine; it just has a poor, misleading name.
    Where did u see these stats? Just curious? Maybe I drank too much KoolAid?? I just like the 365 HP since the 1993 SHO i had only had 220hp, which my wifes minivan puts out now!

And I am sure you are right about the expense issue, if the numbers worked, I think they would have done it.

Blog Entries
    Where did u see these stats?
    Popular mechanics 300C vs. SHO and read the text, not the graph for the fuel mileage since one rounded up...small difference for all the supposed differences (more aerodynamic, electric steering, 6 speed auto...) but my bad...it's a little over 1mpg, or 5.5% difference, again a difference that could be explained by the gearing advantage alone, much less the aero/less mechanical drag...

And quite a bit of reading for the for the Licoln MKT...in the motor trend SUV of the year, but you'll see, while the ecoboost was a liked engine, it was by no means efficient or deserving of a name "ecoboost."
    Last edited by Prince Valiant; 12-04-2009 at 01:03 AM.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

I think I would take an SRT-8 over the SHO. The interior of the SHO is , but I would prefer the V-8.