Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    ^ it says anything that shoots a ball bullet what not reread.that is the deffinition of firearm per the city,then above it states NO FIREARMS can be discharged,a 22 has a projectile or bullet so it would be covered in the description of a firearm.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    ^ it says anything that shoots a ball bullet what not reread.that is the deffinition of firearm per the city,then above it states NO FIREARMS can be discharged,a 22 has a projectile or bullet so it would be covered in the description of a firearm.

Right you are, but no one knows if he is actually in the defined area of the town, where there is to be no discharge of a gun. Why would the cop say he could fire a shotgun if he was in that area? Makes no sense. Nowhere does the ord's state anything about suspending the laws for gun deer season either. So where are you at in the town?

Second Amendment = Reset button for the Constitution.
    17 Yr. GM Master Technician, (Ret.)
    Type 01-Federal Firearms License Holder
    Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Contact me with your firearm needs
    '02 FLHTCUI- 95"- 106HP

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coops Brother View Post
    Why would the cop say he could fire a shotgun if he was in that area?
    Do you really need an answer for that question...lol?

Ya know, I guess I shouldn't really give a crap. I am just trying to help sort something out. Piss on it, I won't bother anymore.

Class 3 NFA Dealer
    '02 FLHTCUI- 95"- 106HP

Got a little caught up today. Did not realize that the thread got this big. Anyway per the defined definitions of the boundries. It says a line running north from the centerline of six mile road along the railroad to the centerline of seven mile road. The railroad track is to the west side of my property and I am between six and seven mile road. Now that being said it appears to me that I am perfectly legal to discharge a firearm in my location. Unless of course that would interfere with the Racine County Law Enforcement gun range or The Racine County line gun club that are both my neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by jimez1 View Post
    Got a little caught up today. Did not realize that the thread got this big. Anyway per the defined definitions of the boundries. It says a line running north from the centerline of six mile road along the railroad to the centerline of seven mile road. The railroad track is to the west side of my property and I am between six and seven mile road. Now that being said it appears to me that I am perfectly legal to discharge a firearm in my location. Unless of course that would interfere with the Racine County Law Enforcement gun range or The Racine County line gun club that are both my neighbors.

Sounds like the cop got it wrong.

Class 3 NFA Dealer
    '02 FLHTCUI- 95"- 106HP

not necc. if racine county ordinance is more strict than caledonias the cop may be correct. you would need to reseach racine county's ordinance on it.

Racine Co has no ordinances pertaining to discharge/ possesion of a firearm.

Class 3 NFA Dealer
    '02 FLHTCUI- 95"- 106HP

So I guess all in all the basic idea that I get is this, and thanks to Russ Jerome to put it so easily recognizable in picture form. I was supposidly going against local ordinance because I shot a .22 "I was using too small a caliber weapon" Pelet gun bad, according to the ordinance rifled barrel projectile shoots from compressed gas. Cannon good, No rifling in the barrel. Glad to see that another law makes complete and total sense.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Cannon good, No rifling in the barrel. Glad to see that another law makes complete and total sense.
    There are rifled slug barrels.

he is outside of the area where it is illegal to discharge a firearm.
    Caledonias firearm laws concerning discarge don't apply to him as he is outside "the area"
    DNR says shooting a rimfire LARGER than .22 is illegal, it doesn't say .22 OR larger, which would include .22, it says LARGER than .22
    The cop is wrong and I will put $100 on it, any takers? Bet me....

Class 3 NFA Dealer
    '02 FLHTCUI- 95"- 106HP

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Oh snap!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

I tell you what you go out and start shooting again with your .22 and tell the cop what my brother said and see what happens.Cuz I would.

According to the little map down at the Caledonia PD I am outside the boundries for the illegal discharge of the .22 However, as I intend to live here for a along time, and do not want the law on my bad side, or the little "plinker" Golden Boy Henry Repeated taken away and try to get it back and fines reversed and all that I think I will just leave the the shooting of it on the range of Shooters on Six Mile. First however I need to go check it out. I really do appreciate the commitment that Coops Brother and the Reverend have on the issue though. Trust me I will look you guys up if Ihave any questions about anything to do with guns. By the way Coops Bro, how long have you been a FFL?

Like I told Coops Bro tonight on the phone, I will be happy to bring the 12 gauge I just bought from him down to legally piss your neighbors off.

Already done. earlier this evening I went out to the pasture and fired off a few rounds with the Huglu O/U. I don't think that he much cares. He hunts geese out there every year with his. Which is why I am suprised that he even called on me to begin with.

Already done. earlier this evening I went out to the pasture and fired off a few rounds with the Huglu O/U. I don't think that he much cares. He hunts geese out there every year with his. Which is why I am suprised that he even called on me to begin with.
    Your neighbor read the "larger than .22" line wrong also.
    See if he will bet me the $100, and since I will be in the area this weekend, perhaps I will bring my .22 down and come over for some target practice. Hopefully the cops show, there will be a lawyer on Caledonia's a** so fast, ohh so much fun.

No takers yet, huh?

Class 3 NFA Dealer
    '02 FLHTCUI- 95"- 106HP

Thumbs up

By the way Coops Bro, how long have you been a FFL?

We've had the license since 03/2009

By the way if you are legal to shoot it, then the cops should be totally cool with it and not give you a problem.
    Last edited by Coops Brother; 11-30-2009 at 09:46 PM.

Class 3 NFA Dealer
    '02 FLHTCUI- 95"- 106HP

Quote Originally Posted by Coops Brother View Post
    Your neighbor read the "larger than .22" line wrong also.
    See if he will bet me the $100, and since I will be in the area this weekend, perhaps I will bring my .22 down and come over for some target practice. Hopefully the cops show, there will be a lawyer on Caledonia's a** so fast, ohh so much fun.

No takers yet, huh?
    go for it,cuz when they show some sort of amendment thats on the books and not online and you go to jail or get tazzed or both,I will laugh.

According to the little map down at the Caledonia PD I am outside the boundries for the illegal discharge of the .22 However, as I intend to live here for a along time, and do not want the law on my bad side, or the little "plinker" Golden Boy Henry Repeated taken away and try to get it back and fines reversed and all that I think I will just leave the the shooting of it on the range of Shooters on Six Mile. First however I need to go check it out. I really do appreciate the commitment that Coops Brother and the Reverend have on the issue though. Trust me I will look you guys up if Ihave any questions about anything to do with guns. By the way Coops Bro, how long have you been a FFL?
    my simple thought on this is if its correct you should talk to the desk sargeant and tell him of the situation from last weekend,show him where you live and the dnr regs and ask wtf