Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any deer moving?

Doesnt sound like anybody is having much luck so wondering if I go south or north with me only having one day to hunt (sunday).

Elkorn off 43/hwy 11, corn field/woods.
    Marquet township on Puckaway lake, field/woods/swamp.
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

Senior Member..now yer posting! Monstr913's Avatar
    seems to be flip of a coin...got friends hunting all over and had no luck. i'd almost say that Elkorn would be a better choice...talked to my mom and she said theres gun shots all around our house in Muskego/Wind Lake area and its mostly farm fields
    DD: 2003 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually, ec/lb, Efi live by Duramax Tuner controlled through Edge CTS monitor, 5" MBRP exhaust, AFE stage 2 intake.

Toy: "My Pet Monster" 2001 Chevy 2500hd cc/sb, 2.6 pull truck, more money in it then I'd like to admit.

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    there are no deer out there. this is a prime example of the dnr's gross mismanagement and the greed of hunters. i will not be shooting any does for the next 2-3 years. ive passed on 3 does during bow season and one during gun. if the dnr doesnt want to manage the heard properly then the hunters need to take things into there own hands

x2 on dnr screwing up
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

I've lost count of how many I've seen at night, from Delevan to Milw, up west of Fondulac and back the roads are scary to drive at night, we just need to change our hunting hours to match Racoon hunting.

I just talked to the boys up on Puckaway, fields are full from 8pm till 3am but they havent seen a thing in daylight the entire week

I'll get out sunday, gonna slow stalk some woods and try pushing them slowly.

Nothing today, done till the late season gun. Not going to waste the gas going tomorrow. Nothing on the trail cam but coyote,squirrels and coons for the last week.
    Thank god we have earn a buck so I could miss out on shooting a deer (could've had a 10 and 12 pt last year) last year too.

Nice going DNR
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Good luck with that.
    I was up to Allenton yesterday afternoon and sat until dark. Just a couple gray squirrels around and hardly any shooting
    1970 Chevelle SS
    2013 F150 SC 3.5 TT
    1975 CB400F
    2007 FLHTCU

Hunted all week up on our 80 in Ladysmith. My dad shot a very nice 10 pointer opening day at 9:15am, it was trailing a doe. A few other scrub bucks seen, but nothing else really worth shooting. We have trail cams up near all of our stands, and it is depressing as there are AT least 3 other shooter bucks on the property, but they don't move unless it's dark. Lots of pics of them between 7pm and 4am, lol. Trail cams are a blessing and a curse, it's a blessing to at least know there are deer, a curse because you know that they are nocturnal. And it's not like we are pushing them either, we go to our stands, and get off them, other than that we aren't in the woods at all, I mean there's no reason for them to be going nocturnal, it's frustrating to say the least!!!

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Unless you have some private land in SE WI. where you can feed the deer....you're pretty much screwed around here. Public land gets more packed every year...and nobody ever seems to drag anything worthwhile out. All the deer seem to hide out on all the farming land that nobody hunts....or the owners drive the shit out of them and get them all on the first day.
    Last edited by Lash; 11-28-2009 at 07:02 PM.

ive been watching the trail cams out at my moms land and trust me all the big deer are moving at night. funny thing is that i dont see many does.

We've seen plenty of does but because we are in a buck only zone we can't shoot 'em. We've been doin 3-4 drives a day on both public and private land and we've gotten skunked. One guy got a doe in a different zone opening morning but that's it. Over 20 people at my camp too. 1hr NW of wausau.

Borchardt's SUCKS

1984 Hurst/Olds A4 W/ Lightning Rods '73 350 Rocket
    1993 Z28 M6 Mostly Stock, a couple of bolt ons
    2004 Silverado Regency (modded from the factory) Now with a Tom Tune!

View pics of my ride here

i was up in the tomahawk area opening weekend till wed. i saw a doe right away opening morning and nothing else all week. wish we could hunt at night. i know the feeling of lookin at your trail cam and seeing all the deer movement at night. its a shame how the dnr has managed the population

I'm sitting in the stand now and have yet to see a deer. I sat for 5 days all day and not one deer. Numbers up here in clam lake are down 50 percent from last year

Quote Originally Posted by Silver03SRT View Post
    I'm sitting in the stand now and have yet to see a deer. I sat for 5 days all day and not one deer. Numbers up here in clam lake are down 50 percent from last year
    wolves and heard management ...

Quote Originally Posted by STANMAN View Post
    Hunted all week up on our 80 in Ladysmith. My dad shot a very nice 10 pointer opening day at 9:15am, it was trailing a doe. A few other scrub bucks seen, but nothing else really worth shooting. We have trail cams up near all of our stands, and it is depressing as there are AT least 3 other shooter bucks on the property, but they don't move unless it's dark. Lots of pics of them between 7pm and 4am, lol. Trail cams are a blessing and a curse, it's a blessing to at least know there are deer, a curse because you know that they are nocturnal. And it's not like we are pushing them either, we go to our stands, and get off them, other than that we aren't in the woods at all, I mean there's no reason for them to be going nocturnal, it's frustrating to say the least!!!
    same thing, same area, on 60 in Radisson, and on Consolidated as well. i saw the same buck 2 days in a row, he was already gone before i got more then a glimpse of him. need guys to push, we'd get deer, but with only 3 guys we was out of luck
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Senior Member..now yer posting! Monstr913's Avatar
    so all and all crappy hunting season for everyone...turned into a descent vacation though
    DD: 2003 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually, ec/lb, Efi live by Duramax Tuner controlled through Edge CTS monitor, 5" MBRP exhaust, AFE stage 2 intake.

Toy: "My Pet Monster" 2001 Chevy 2500hd cc/sb, 2.6 pull truck, more money in it then I'd like to admit.

Put myself deep in a wooded/marsh area 120 yards off Puckaway lake, 300+ yards inland was cornfields, motionless from 3pm without seeing anything but Bald Eagles and a muscrat during daylight.

I sat in the treestand well after legal hunting just too watch and listen, marsh and creeks sounded like a cow stampede after dark, 50mm objective picked up several does coming out of wetlands and moving swiftly into the food plots after the hunters all went in for the night, think the deer are just getting smarter by me.

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    Was up near Black River Falls area and didn't get nothing. THe people I was with got squat also after 5 days. This year sucks

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    The deer are getting smarter, all the dumb ones get shot. There are hundreds of deer by me. On any given evening I can see 3-4 groups of 5-20 deer. It's weird, makes me glad they don't have thumbs. There's this common area in the middle of the subdivision that is heavily wooded and a pain to walk through due to lots of sharp things (last time I went in a week ago I got several cuts on my face) that is all tore up from way too many deer in too small of a place (about five acres).
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

Senior Member..now yer posting! Bart H's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 94greenbandit View Post
    Was up near Black River Falls area and didn't get nothing. THe people I was with got squat also after 5 days. This year sucks
    Was in the same area. Shot a barely buck opening day at 4:00pm (4inch spiker) and a big doe on wednesday at 8:00am. The deer spent most of there times in the still standing cornfields or sitting chill in the scrub hiding out.

The weather did not help at all.