Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by That_Guy View Post
    in a softcase in the back seat out of reach unloaded in the holster. i actually was pulled over for having my license plate light out. the officer walked up to my car i gave him my info and informed him that i have a legally owned/ registered firearm in a case in the back seat. he said ," as long as its out of reach nobody should give you any trouble"
    This isn't the greatest idea. First off, it needs to be FULLY enclosed in a case made for a gun. Second, any officer can argue that anywhere in the passenger compartment is accessible and in reach, which it is. Center console, glovebox, back seat, on your hip when in the car is all considered having a "concealed" weapon.

Gun and mag separate, in a case, in the trunk, unloaded. You must take the case completely out of the car, not rest it on the car, not in the car at all, not placed on the closed trunk, remove the gun from the case, holster it immediately.

I was asked to leave Home Depot today because my gun was making people uneasy and nervous. I was not allowed to make my purchase first and leave either. The store is going to get a nasty letter from me.

Carried in Best Buy and Menards in Racine. No issues. Gladly bought all my items from Menards and said "eff you" to Home Depot.

Ol' School Ron North's Jewels Champion
    Well at least the store told you to leave instead of having to deal with the BS with Cops. I am suprised that you carry in public places like that. I would be afraid of having to deal with Law enforcement because some person may think that you cannot do it. At least places are getting better with people carrying an open fire arm.

Wonder with Black friday if you and another person were going for the last of a certain product: would the other person give you the last of a product because you were strapped. LOL

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by LIL EVO View Post
    This isn't the greatest idea. First off, it needs to be FULLY enclosed in a case made for a gun. Second, any officer can argue that anywhere in the passenger compartment is accessible and in reach, which it is. Center console, glovebox, back seat, on your hip when in the car is all considered having a "concealed" weapon.

Gun and mag separate, in a case, in the trunk, unloaded. You must take the case completely out of the car, not rest it on the car, not in the car at all, not placed on the closed trunk, remove the gun from the case, holster it immediately.

I was asked to leave Home Depot today because my gun was making people uneasy and nervous. I was not allowed to make my purchase first and leave either. The store is going to get a nasty letter from me.

Carried in Best Buy and Menards in Racine. No issues. Gladly bought all my items from Menards and said "eff you" to Home Depot.
    the soft case is big enough for the holster and the pistol to be in. the mag goes in the locked glove compartment.

here is where i find a hole in your argument. what happens if you drive a truck. your not going to put it in the exposed bed. your going to put it in the cab under the seat or in the glove box of course in a case. how is that any different then being in the back seat of my car. "its not"

I have my gun in the center seat. My truck the middle front seat has a storage area with my truck. I just been keeping the gun in there with a lock on the case and the storage compartment locked. which can only be unlocked with the ignition key. I keep the ammo on the back seat usally.

I open carry my USP .45 every chance I get. Been all over Caledonia; Pick N Save, KMart, Racine Home Depot, etc. I've also done it on the north side at various establishments.

People glance, but I haven't had any issues. You just have to know what you can and can't do and be confident about it.

Fine firearm you have there, and a fine holster. Is it a Fobus?

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar

Your car carrying info is ok,but not correct. The gun can be in a soft case,unloaded,mag can have ammo and be in that case just not in the gun and it can be on the dash,on the seat where ever in the car.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Quote Originally Posted by That_Guy View Post
    the soft case is big enough for the holster and the pistol to be in. the mag goes in the locked glove compartment.

here is where i find a hole in your argument. what happens if you drive a truck. your not going to put it in the exposed bed. your going to put it in the cab under the seat or in the glove box of course in a case. how is that any different then being in the back seat of my car. "its not"
    exactly,see my post for the correct info.

^ Where can this info be found? Looking for something on paper to reference / study
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Information taken from someone elses post.

Gun cased and unloaded, unloaded defined as no live round in the chamber, and not having a loaded magazine attached to the gun. The loaded ammo can be right next to the pistol in the case, and it can also be sitting on your lap while you drive, law doesn't say it has to be in the trunk. Law doesn't say the ammo has to be in the trunk and the gun somewhere else, all myths people, use facts. Don't believe me look it up in the state statutes.

http://nxt.legis.state.wi.us/nxt/gat...fn=default.htm

167.31(1)(b)
    (b) "Encased" means enclosed in a case that is expressly made for the purpose of containing a firearm and that is completely zipped, snapped, buckled, tied or otherwise fastened with no part of the firearm exposed.

167.31(1)(g)
    (g) "Unloaded" means any of the following:

167.31(1)(g)1.
    1. Having no shell or cartridge in the chamber of a firearm or in the magazine attached to a firearm .

167.31(1)(g)2.
    2. In the case of a cap lock muzzle-loading firearm , having the cap removed.

167.31(1)(g)3.
    3. In the case of a flint lock muzzle-loading firearm , having the flashpan cleaned of powder

Bad link Scott
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

its right in the state statutes looks up gun transportation for wisconsin its in black and white

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/lrb/pubs/wb/08wb16.pdf
    Transportation of firearms. In general, possessing or transporting a firearm in a motor vehicle, motorboat, all-terrain vehicle, or aircraft
    is prohibited unless the gun is unloaded and in a carrying case. [ss. 167.31 (2) and (3),
    23.33 (3) (e)] An unlawfully transported firearm
    is a public nuisance. [s. 29.927 (6g)]

no where does it state ammo out of mag,and away from the weapon. ammo can be stored with gun and in mags,just not in the weapon.

The burr under my saddle....

Quote Originally Posted by Silver350 View Post
    Information taken from someone elses post.

Gun cased and unloaded, unloaded defined as no live round in the chamber, and not having a loaded magazine attached to the gun. The loaded ammo can be right next to the pistol in the case, and it can also be sitting on your lap while you drive, law doesn't say it has to be in the trunk. Law doesn't say the ammo has to be in the trunk and the gun somewhere else, all myths people, use facts. Don't believe me look it up in the state statutes.

http://nxt.legis.state.wi.us/nxt/gat...fn=default.htm

167.31(1)(b)
    (b) "Encased" means enclosed in a case that is expressly made for the purpose of containing a firearm and that is completely zipped, snapped, buckled, tied or otherwise fastened with no part of the firearm exposed.

167.31(1)(g)
    (g) "Unloaded" means any of the following:

167.31(1)(g)1.
    1. Having no shell or cartridge in the chamber of a firearm or in the magazine attached to a firearm .

167.31(1)(g)2.
    2. In the case of a cap lock muzzle-loading firearm , having the cap removed.

167.31(1)(g)3.
    3. In the case of a flint lock muzzle-loading firearm , having the flashpan cleaned of powder

I do so enjoy being quoted, thanks.

Now then, with that said..... why are we beating a dead horse? I thought this was all cleared up a couple of weeks ago?
    Ahhh, yes...we did, here is some good reading, http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40744

NOWHERE in WI statutes does it state you weapon and/or your ammo need to be out of reach or "not easily accessible" why do people still think this is a fact?

The link, please read it, EVERYONE!
    http://nxt.legis.state.wi.us/nxt/gat...tats&jd=167.31
    Last edited by Coops Brother; 11-28-2009 at 05:17 PM.

Second Amendment = Reset button for the Constitution.
    17 Yr. GM Master Technician, (Ret.)
    Type 01-Federal Firearms License Holder
    Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Contact me with your firearm needs
    '02 FLHTCUI- 95"- 106HP

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    exactly,see my post for the correct info.
    thank u sir..