Quote Originally Posted by That_Guy View Post
in a softcase in the back seat out of reach unloaded in the holster. i actually was pulled over for having my license plate light out. the officer walked up to my car i gave him my info and informed him that i have a legally owned/ registered firearm in a case in the back seat. he said ," as long as its out of reach nobody should give you any trouble"
This isn't the greatest idea. First off, it needs to be FULLY enclosed in a case made for a gun. Second, any officer can argue that anywhere in the passenger compartment is accessible and in reach, which it is. Center console, glovebox, back seat, on your hip when in the car is all considered having a "concealed" weapon.

Gun and mag separate, in a case, in the trunk, unloaded. You must take the case completely out of the car, not rest it on the car, not in the car at all, not placed on the closed trunk, remove the gun from the case, holster it immediately.

I was asked to leave Home Depot today because my gun was making people uneasy and nervous. I was not allowed to make my purchase first and leave either. The store is going to get a nasty letter from me.

Carried in Best Buy and Menards in Racine. No issues. Gladly bought all my items from Menards and said "eff you" to Home Depot.