Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

headder fit problems

I finally got my 4th gen camaro toghther this weekend it runs awesome but i do have a problem with my headders the first problem is the passanger side one is resting on the floor board. and my driver side one is hitting my steering shaft the band is pacesste long tube headders. has anyone else had this problem and what is the fix i think the headders are made wrong.
    z28 man

1979 camaro z28 4speed t-tops with well built 355 not dynoed yet goes pretty good

1994 camaro z28 auto lt1 350 with gm lt4 hot cam also not dynoed yet just got together

What brand headers are they? You have lt1 or ls1? The only problem i ran into with my hooker longtubes was the driverside was rattling on the crossmember on the trans. had to have the pipe crushed slightly.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-24-2009 at 02:04 PM.

BCM Rseident Grill Master Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay's Avatar
    Regarding the pass. side, you may have to remove the heatshield where the cat was. The drivers side you might have to loosed the jointed steering shaft and slide it up or down for clearance.

I had a slight clearance issue on the pass side of my Camaro, but the drivers side fit just fine.

Yeah.... good luck with the y pipe too, you will need a come along strap to pull the headers together to get y pipe to fit as well im sure... And they will also rott out in a years time. Not a big fan of the pacesetters on F-cars.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

yes i have remove the cat sheild on it it gave me a little cleance but when you hit bumper sometimes you can hear the pass side hit floor. and yes i also loosened the steering shaft so i could adjust it but it still is rubbing on the headder. this is a lt1 and the brand headders are pacesetter long tube headders. but the wired thing is the y pipe went on with no problems just sliped on?
    z28 man

1979 camaro z28 4speed t-tops with well built 355 not dynoed yet goes pretty good

1994 camaro z28 auto lt1 350 with gm lt4 hot cam also not dynoed yet just got together

The y pipe is where i had rubbing issues on the drivers side. You had to have taken apart the motor mount to slide the headers in on the passenger side. Are you sure the bolt went back through the correct way, not sure if thats possible but you never no. i have heard the pacestter headers have some fitment issues.

I have those on my car for now that is and i didnt have any of those problems with fitment. Maybe I was lucky!?!

Stock bottom end H/C LT1 404RWHP

was the car in an accident? lol
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

BCM Rseident Grill Master Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    was the car in an accident? lol
    I was thinking that. The frame might be twisted.

Nope!

my car was never in an accident and the subframe dosent have any problems also.
    z28 man

They make big hammers for stuff like that!!! LOL!!! I bet your car is slow anyways!! LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by blown383z28 View Post
    They make big hammers for stuff like that!!! LOL!!! I bet your car is slow anyways!! LOL!!
    awesome first post dude.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

WOW calm down..., hes a buddy of mine..

holy hell this guys talking shit when he wasted his money on a 383 and a blower.

Interesting.......

holly hell, and this is coming from a guy that wasted his money on a subaru... o yea and last time a I checked I thought a muscle car was a two door.. (I used to have some respect for cars like that, not any more)

Never mind im waisting my time taliking to you... By reading some of your other post i can tell already that you arnt very well liked on this forum... newbies learn fast

Is it to early?

Quote Originally Posted by blown383z28 View Post
    Never mind im waisting my time taliking to you... By reading some of your other post i can tell already that you arnt very well liked on this forum... newbies learn fast
    Newbie shit talker? Dont plague this forum with your nonsense, or you will be flirting with the ban hammer. I honestly dont want to waste my time reading your stupid newbie post... I see it now, soon you'll be posting in every thread trying to get your post count up, just so you look cool enough to have 2 cents to say. Turd.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.