Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any luck opening morning?

20+ people and not a single deer (buck only area) at my camp. I spooked a big doe eating from an apple tree 10 yds outside the cabin. She ran a few yards and stared at me for a couple minutes. If only I was in a zone that allowed me to shoot does...

Borchardt's SUCKS

1984 Hurst/Olds A4 W/ Lightning Rods '73 350 Rocket
    1993 Z28 M6 Mostly Stock, a couple of bolt ons
    2004 Silverado Regency (modded from the factory) Now with a Tom Tune!

View pics of my ride here

Post whore
    Out of our group of 4 two people each got a doe yesterday, and my dad got a nub buck and a coyote this morning. I didn't see snything but a turkey and two coyotes.
    1999 Pontiac Trans am

Senior Member..now yer posting! Monstr913's Avatar
    we haven't seen or heard crap, haven't even heard many shots...talked to some locals and they were having no luck either. weather is to warm thats the problem.
    DD: 2003 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually, ec/lb, Efi live by Duramax Tuner controlled through Edge CTS monitor, 5" MBRP exhaust, AFE stage 2 intake.

Toy: "My Pet Monster" 2001 Chevy 2500hd cc/sb, 2.6 pull truck, more money in it then I'd like to admit.

my father in law got a ten pointer and brother in law has seen nothing
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

we hunted the Northern Kettle Moraine near Kewaskum this weekend and got skunked, didn't even see one. TONS of shooting nearby though. Stopped counting after 30 shots, all before 9am.

Irish
    Last edited by Irish; 12-28-2009 at 11:56 AM.

I didn't see anything. My friend shot a small buck. His stand got loose so he layed on the ground. He fell asleep woke up to a text from his gf and saw the buck standing by the bait. Talk about luck

Nothing here. The Dnr came out to my stand. He said it was really quiet yesterday, although one 13 yo kid shot 9 times at a doe and it walked away he said.
    BTW this is in Walworth Co.
    Last edited by Rocket Power; 11-22-2009 at 07:39 PM.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

out of our group of 5 i shot one in the morning but couldnt find it then another doe came in at about 1 and i got that one. that was it for us. alot of shooting around us but not alota action. i was hunting up in waupaca area
    2008 Corvette Z06 (supercharged)
    2007 infinity G35x
    2006 honda cbr 1000rr
    2000 honda civic (daily driver)

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by u_say_go View Post
    we hunted the Northern Kettle Moraine near Kewaskum this weekend and got skunked, didn't even see one. TONS of shooting nearby though. Stopped counting after 30 shots, all before 9am.
    We stoped hunting in Kewaskum 3 years ago. It's full of idiots. Most of those shots were probably just people fvcking around.

Well, we got skunked again today. Far cry from last year... more than 5 hanging after opening weekend. I'll try again tomorrow, we have a couple drives on some public land and we'll try to push them onto our private land. And we're dealing with some asshole that has a permanent stand set up 15 yds from the road, with a bait pile ACROSS the road, AND he was shooting tonight. Bullshit! If he shoots and hits a deer he'll get a visit from the DNR.

Borchardt's SUCKS

1984 Hurst/Olds A4 W/ Lightning Rods '73 350 Rocket
    1993 Z28 M6 Mostly Stock, a couple of bolt ons
    2004 Silverado Regency (modded from the factory) Now with a Tom Tune!

View pics of my ride here

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    Saw three Does but not able to get a shot off. Crappy other than that

Haven't got anything here either. A few shots here and there but mostly quiet. I am up by Eagle River, sure not the deer up here that thier used to be. (insert sarcasim here) I am sure that had nothing to do with all those years of T-zone and earn a buck though.........The DNR can't be that wrong can they?

very quiet up here in northeast FDL county.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    I hunt up in Florence county on the border of WI and MI and I saw 4 doe. Too bad I couldn't get a doe tag this year. There were 11 zones that they didn't allow to have doe tags this year and they were pretty much all right up there.
    1968 Camaro 383

Post whore
    It's going to be a COLD winter, the deer from this year had more fat and the thickest fur I have ever seen.
    1999 Pontiac Trans am

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Korndogg View Post
    I hunt up in Florence county on the border of WI and MI and I saw 4 doe. Too bad I couldn't get a doe tag this year. There were 11 zones that they didn't allow to have doe tags this year and they were pretty much all right up there.
    I'm going up wednesday morning threw Sunday.. i have a cabin and 50 acres in Florence.. we are on 2ND crossing rd. you turn left just before you go over the river towards crystal falls.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    Nice. I wish I had enough land up there so I didn't have to hunt public. I hunt right off of the river. My parents cabin is in michigan and we take a rowboat across to the Wisconsin side and hunt on power company land. It sucks too because I'm laid off until Monday so I have this whole week off but I didn't want to go up there and hunt alone haha.
    1968 Camaro 383

Didn't see anything for 2 days.
    We have so many coyote where we hunt 10 miles south east of Eagle River it isn't funny
    1970 Chevelle SS
    2013 F150 SC 3.5 TT
    1975 CB400F
    2007 FLHTCU

Post whore
    The coyotes are nuts by us to. This year I saw 0 squirrels and 3 coyotes. Last year I saw about 50 squirrels and 0 coyotes.
    1999 Pontiac Trans am