Ol' School Ron North's Jewels Champion

Knife experts in Here!

I took a knife to a friend at work to shapen it. He is pretty knowledgable with weapons. He gave me some more information about the knife then what I learned from him in hopes to find some history or value to it.

The Knife was given to me. It was my grandfathers who passed away when I was young. All I knew from my family is my grandpa had it for when he went fishing in case of a wild animal coming after him. He was not a service man and the only one that can answer the question about my great grandfather and if he was in the service would be my grandmother. How ever her altimers is so bad that she doesnt even know who people are and I doubt she would know anything about it or where it came from.

What I found out today from a friend. Knife is a Ka-Bar USMC. He thinks it came from the earlier year and possibly someones service knife from WWII, Koren war or Veitnam. My friend was very excited to see it.

I am trying to place a date to it but I am not finding anything out there that looks like my knife. The knife looks like todays Ka-bar's USMC how ever min has a polish blade and not black like all the other ones I am finding. I will post a picture when I get the knife back from my friend.

Anyone on here might be able to get me a time frame of how old it is. Model number or history it would help me out a lot.

I have links at home (at work now) that I can post later, to the right person knife values are crazy.

I have a Mel Pardue design aluminum/stainless switchblade that was given to my mom by Mel, cost $1900 +new and with its limited production (and illegal) its "suppose" to be worth over $2500....doubt I could get $200 given the economy but is a work of art.
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

Ol' School Ron North's Jewels Champion
    Yeah I am not really looking to sell the knife but hopefully find out some history behind it. Like I said it was my grandpa's knife and he killed himself when I was 6months old so I never got a chance to meet him. Just trying to develope a time frame so maybe It can be a family airloom.