Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Packers Bucs

Yep, and Rodgers has almost the exact same stats even though Favre is playing for a team with arguably alot more talent.

Getting rid of Favre was the best long term move evar.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Steffek View Post
    Still looking for the past haters. Pack is in the playoffs. Looking for everyone who said TT sucks, and Mike sucks as a coach.

Oh yea, and the Vikes lost 2 of the last 3 games. If they lose tomarrow night to the Bears I will laugh my ass off at all you.
    Who cares about the Vikings, they are not "our" team. Its funny how the players finally getting their heads out of their asses and playing like professional football players all of a sudden makes Thompson man of the year. The guy is still a jerkoff whether Bigby makes 2 INTs or not. Brandon Jackson having a career day today still doesnt make TT worth a shit.

The Pack is playing great, but dont make it look like TT has anything to do with it. This guy's points still stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Karps
    Thompson because he refuses to spend any money. Look at this year, they are 16 million under the cap and have a bunch of players that are key players that need to be resigned. He's not even talking to them yet about contract extensions. I'm guessing he's thinking next year of getting younger again, cause that's his whole mode. The team could go 12-4 make the NFC championship game, and he'll still not sign free agents to put them over the top, instead he'll reach on draft picks. For example, he came into the season knowing the OL was a weakness, and had to fall back on 2 old guys because he can't draft linemen.

McCarthy because he doesn't do anything to fix problems. This team continues to just rack up penalties and stupid plays. The beginning of the season his refusal to change anything and let Rodgers get killed was just insane. It took him 8-9 games into the season to do anything to help Rodgers out, like quick slants, screens. That's the kinda moves a high school coach would know to do.

I wouldn't say Mike absolutely sucks as a coach, but he DOES get WAY to conservative at times when they need to be aggressive...last weeks game was an example. It was no surprise that we destroyed the Seahawks today as they are pretty terribad.

The Packers are a good team, SB worthy? Shit the Cardinals went last year, anything can happen but I doubt it.
    -Tyler

Why after 7 pages of posting is this thread not in the FOOTBALL section...???

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Guy View Post
    Shush you. This is my time and place to gloat on how awesome I am at watching way to much football.

Quote Originally Posted by Car Guy View Post
    maybe because his thread wasnt started a WEEK after the incident took place

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Congrats on them making the playoffs. But for once an announcer made a great point, and something I've said before. The team got rich playing the worst teams in the league this year. Other then Dallas when the Defense played a good offense, they didn't just give up some points, but gave up huge numbers. Come playoff time they'll need to play out of their minds in order to get past anyone.

I'm sure Murphy is already giving TT and MM 10 year extensions and naming streets after them.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Can we start a new thread about the pack instead of using this dead horse Bucaneers thread. Or is it a sad reminder?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Can we start a new thread about the pack instead of using this dead horse Bucaneers thread. Or is it a sad reminder?
    No.

There are to many haters who will swing from the nuts from the Pack only after they win, but will kick dirt in there face afer any L. For anyone who has post saying the Pack sucks in this thread, please never post about football ever again. You don't know what you are talking about.

good win today. now rodgers and the rest of the starters can treat next week like a preseason game and only play the 1st half. To me there's no reason to play more as there's nothing more to gain.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by crusin240hatch View Post
    good win today. now rodgers and the rest of the starters can treat next week like a preseason game and only play the 1st half. To me there's no reason to play more as there's nothing more to gain.
    Wrong, we still need to play for the 5th seed, and not slip to the 6th seed. We still need to win next week. This is of course depends on what Philly and Dallas does today.

^^^hmmm i didn't realize that, dallas will prob lose tonight anyways.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    maybe because his thread wasnt started a WEEK after the incident took place

And the Vikings have had at least as easy of a schedule but I don't hear anyone mention that but me. Packers beat some patsys but look around, the NFL has a ton of shitty teams this year, the Packers did what they were supposed to do to them. Can't win I guess. Find a team with a stellar record against 10-5, 11-3 type teams.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crusin240hatch View Post
    ^^^hmmm i didn't realize that, dallas will prob lose tonight anyways.
    hopefullly it will keep them from failing in the post season. Im praying the pack does tho.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Post whore
    I want everyone who hated on TT and MM to say they are sorry.

Ted Thompson is the greatest human being on the face of the Earth. McCarthy is a very close 2nd.

Everything ever done in the past is forgiven.

Never once said the Packers suck, just the 2 dickholes mentioned above. I'm curious, what makes you think TT is deserving of an apology from anyone who thinks he's less than perfect? What has he done?

He decided to go with Capers and bring along the 3-4, worked pretty well. Signed Woodson, drafted Rodgers. Those are the high points....I haven't gone player by player but since he has been the GM for what, 5 years now?, I'm positive more than half if not 2/3 (or more) of this roster is of his making. He is stubborn and too cheap at times but overall, he has been above average, IMO. The Favre situation was a debacle that both sides can take blame for but I backed the orginization on moving on and think it worked out pretty well, no matter how good Brett is playing yet...Rodgers is playing just as well and will be our QB for along time, not worrying year by year anymore. I'm not a Thomspon fan but don't get the hate for him. It's not like he punched people in the face and kicked their dog.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by PB86MCSS View Post
    He decided to go with Capers and bring along the 3-4, worked pretty well. Signed Woodson, drafted Rodgers. Those are the high points....I haven't gone player by player but since he has been the GM for what, 5 years now?, I'm positive more than half if not 2/3 (or more) of this roster is of his making. He is stubborn and too cheap at times but overall, he has been above average, IMO. The Favre situation was a debacle that both sides can take blame for but I backed the orginization on moving on and think it worked out pretty well, no matter how good Brett is playing yet...Rodgers is playing just as well and will be our QB for along time, not worrying year by year anymore. I'm not a Thomspon fan but don't get the hate for him. It's not like he punched people in the face and kicked their dog.
    I like this post. I still want to see him gone because I think we could do even better without his road blocks. But I agree with almost everything you said.

I just don't like being so far under the cap. $16 million could sign some decent players. IIRC, the Packers are a pretty profitable organization and they owe it to the shareholders and people who pack the seats to spend the money.