Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Packers Bucs

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Steffek View Post
    Let me just bump this back up for a Packer team that just beat a very good Ravens team.......
    oh boy, get ready cause here it comes.

Sure a win is a win, but seriously?

My take on the game

I wouldn't say very good team but a good team non the less. If driver wouldn't have fumbled that ball I'm pretty sure we would have ran away with it.

What went good for us:
    -Ravens made mistakes and we capitalized. 14 points off turnover's, could have done more with them but we did enough.

-The oline. While non of them are any great they've clearly been giving rodgers more time. The run game wasn't overly effective but we got good pop off the ball and with Grant and Green running hard we were able to pick up some tough yards against a great run defense.

-Run defense, another great game by this new 3-4, what a difference from last year

-Questionable calls. While that went both ways, some of those pass interference calls were a bit redic.

What went shitty
    -Mistakes. This is what wins and looses football games. The first pick wasn't horrible, gave them bad field position so it didn't hurt us other than killing the drive. Now the fumble by driver killed the momentum we had and gave it all to the ravens. The interception that came later on was just a combination of a low pass, misjudgment on drivers part and bad luck, shit happens, but it hurt.
    -Special teams- no surprise here, they still suck. Why we don't have Tracy White anymore still confuses me.
    -Questionable calls-again, went both ways but how does tapping a wr on the chest while going for the ball call for a defensive pass interference.

Overall- Simple they made more mistakes than us, and both sides of the ball showed up to play, just not the special teams.

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Let's give McCarthy and Thompson 10 year contracts now!!!

I gotta say the refs played awesome last night. They completely exploded on offense. Hoepfully Thompson can take some of that 16 million of unused cap space he's not using to sign his key free agents and spend it on the refs, since they were the MVP's of last night.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    Let's give McCarthy and Thompson 10 year contracts now!!!

I gotta say the refs played awesome last night. They completely exploded on offense. Hoepfully Thompson can take some of that 16 million of unused cap space he's not using to sign his key free agents and spend it on the refs, since they were the MVP's of last night.
    Not to be a dick but why do you hate the packers so much? Or are you just rooting for them to loose so somehow that will make Favre, Wolf and Holmgren come back? Then maybe will you be happy?

I just can't stand McCarthy and Thompson. This has nothing to do with Wolf, or Holmgren (who needed to go at the end because his ego was out of control). I just find both of them to be such clowns that I have a hard time even enjoying watching them play. My only Favre issue is that Thompson was more concerned about trading him to someone they didn't play then who would have given us the most for him. In the end Rodgers is a better fit for this team now.

Thompson because he refuses to spend any money. Look at this year, they are 16 million under the cap and have a bunch of players that are key players that need to be resigned. He's not even talking to them yet about contract extensions. I'm guessing he's thinking next year of getting younger again, cause that's his whole mode. The team could go 12-4 make the NFC championship game, and he'll still not sign free agents to put them over the top, instead he'll reach on draft picks. For example, he came into the season knowing the OL was a weakness, and had to fall back on 2 old guys because he can't draft linemen.

McCarthy because he doesn't do anything to fix problems. This team continues to just rack up penalties and stupid plays. The beginning of the season his refusal to change anything and let Rodgers get killed was just insane. It took him 8-9 games into the season to do anything to help Rodgers out, like quick slants, screens. That's the kinda moves a high school coach would know to do.

Yes they are winning, but mostly cause the other team is playing even dumber. Flacco last night had his head up his ass. His INT's were Joey Harrington type bad.

As I've said before I just want the best for this team, and they ain't it. Next year they'll get a tough schedule (like last years) and they'll be back to under .500.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Hate hate hate hate.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Not all hate. I love Driver, love Woodson, love Pickett. I mean really player wise I really only can't stand Collins and Barnett. Oh and Colledge cause he's just a big bag of shit.

I was just so happy that finally people were seeing things after the Tampa Bay game. But of course fans are bandwagon jumpers and as soon as they win a game they forget all the shit that they were saying beforehand.

Atleast I'm consistent and don't change my opinions based on a win or lose each week. I don't see anything wrong with wanting the team to get better in 2 key positions.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    Not all hate. I love Driver, love Woodson, love Pickett. I mean really player wise I really only can't stand Collins and Barnett. Oh and Colledge cause he's just a big bag of shit.

I was just so happy that finally people were seeing things after the Tampa Bay game. But of course fans are bandwagon jumpers and as soon as they win a game they forget all the shit that they were saying beforehand.

Atleast I'm consistent and don't change my opinions based on a win or lose each week. I don't see anything wrong with wanting the team to get better in 2 key positions.
    I agree with your comments...people just want wins in GB I guess but in order to win the superbowl you have to do way better than last night. I mean, do people really think the packers stand a chance against the saints? or even the vikings who slaughtered them twice already this year? No way

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by gottwins? View Post
    I agree with your comments...people just want wins in GB I guess but in order to win the superbowl you have to do way better than last night. I mean, do people really think the packers stand a chance against the saints? or even the vikings who slaughtered them twice already this year? No way
    You mean the saints who had to go into overtime to beat the skins? The Saints played WAY more sloppy then the Pack last night. And lets not even talk about the Vikes who have half their team hurt now.

It's all about how you are playing now, not last month. After the first 5 weeks the Chargers were 2-3. Think the Coach and GM should have been fired over there at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Steffek View Post
    It's all about how you are playing now, not last month. After the first 5 weeks the Chargers were 2-3. Think the Coach and GM should have been fired over there at that point?
    Actually yes, ive wanted Norv gone since he took the 14-2 charger team and made it into an 8-8 team. Hopefully he proves me wrong in the long run and playoffs (its all set up perfectly with the demise of the steelers and patriots) and the chargers being the colts kryptonite, time will tell but I really hope I am wrong. :-/

Im not a packer fan but it would be nice to have them go all the way simply because I am exhausted of all this saints and favre+vikings talk...but I just don't see them being in that league yet..again it would be nice if I was wrong.
    Last edited by gottwins?; 12-08-2009 at 02:54 PM.

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by gottwins? View Post
    Actually yes, ive wanted Norv gone since he took the 14-2 charger team and made it into an 8-8 team. Hopefully he proves me wrong in the long run and playoffs (its all set up perfectly with the demise of the steelers and patriots) and the chargers being the colts kryptonite, time will tell but I really hope I am wrong. :-/

Im not a packer fan but it would be nice to have them go all the way simply because I am exhausted of all this saints and favre+vikings talk...but I just don't see them being in that league yet..again it would be nice if I was wrong.
    Of all the NFL teams right now, the Chargers are playing the best. Saints and Colts are just squeeking out wins, and the Vikes are hurting big time with injurys.

I don't get some fans at times....it is almost like rooting against them to prove they are right or something. I mean, really? Are the Thomspon haters even open to the idea they might be wrong? Be fair here...you don't have to like him or anyone for that matter, nor agree with his moves but we also don't know everything they know or see behind the scenes. It's easy to be an armchair QB or GM. For the record I don't like Thompson but don't think hes the worst GM or even close....too cheap? Yes. Stubborn? Yes. I wish he was more aggressive in free agency to a point. I'd rather error on the side of being cheap and young vs old and overpaid, especially in our market. The NFL is working fine with revenue sharing but Green Bay might not be able to match what the big market teams are spending either. The disparity in bigger market teams seems to be growing in the last 5 years or so. Might be one reason they hired a guy like Thompson, knowing his track record, I don't know. And he does deserve credit for going with Capers and the 3-4...if it blew up in his face, blame him all you want (and maybe it still will) but considering how the D is performing with the new scheme, give him some props as well as McCarthy.

Can't replace the great teams with Wolf/Holmgren/Favre, but let's be real. Appreciate what "we" have, 8-4 and playing pretty well, not great but how many teams are? As it was pointed out the Vikings and Saints didn't look good this week, the NFL still has alot of parity. I guess unless you are one of the top elite teams you must suck. Last year the Packer's were unlucky with 7 loses of 4 points or less, some fault is theirs but there are breaks and luck involved. In 07' they were luckier with alot of close wins (don't say it was all the QB either, that's crap), this year about right so far. If the Packer's suck, well the ONLY team the Viking's have beaten who is over .500 is the Packers so what does that say about Minnesota? An even worse schedule so far than the Pack and the Packers hung with them for the most part, a miracle considering how terrible the o-line was for those games.

I predicted 10-6 and still think that's how they end, making the Playoffs and who knows....I won't expect them to do much but stuff can happen, maybe they'll be playing Arizona in back to back weeks at AZ for all we know. I sure would love to see a 3rd installment of the Packers vs Vikings in the Playoffs . It's also almost like clockwork that one of the 1/2 seeds will lose it's first game in the Playoffs too. The Packers aren't great but are good enough to be a Playoff team especially with how the D is playing. I wouldn't mind them canning Thompson and whoever would be new could add a couple peices but relax and realize he will be here at least one more year unless we tank the next 4 games....and if anyone is rooting for them to do that just to get rid of him...you aren't a real fan IMO.

/rant
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by PB86MCSS View Post
    I don't get some fans at times....it is almost like rooting against them to prove they are right or something. I mean, really? Are the Thomspon haters even open to the idea they might be wrong? Be fair here...you don't have to like him or anyone for that matter, nor agree with his moves but we also don't know everything they know or see behind the scenes. It's easy to be an armchair QB or GM. For the record I don't like Thompson but don't think hes the worst GM or even close....too cheap? Yes. Stubborn? Yes. I wish he was more aggressive in free agency to a point. I'd rather error on the side of being cheap and young vs old and overpaid, especially in our market. The NFL is working fine with revenue sharing but Green Bay might not be able to match what the big market teams are spending either. The disparity in bigger market teams seems to be growing in the last 5 years or so. Might be one reason they hired a guy like Thompson, knowing his track record, I don't know. And he does deserve credit for going with Capers and the 3-4...if it blew up in his face, blame him all you want (and maybe it still will) but considering how the D is performing with the new scheme, give him some props as well as McCarthy.

Can't replace the great teams with Wolf/Holmgren/Favre, but let's be real. Appreciate what "we" have, 8-4 and playing pretty well, not great but how many teams are? As it was pointed out the Vikings and Saints didn't look good this week, the NFL still has alot of parity. I guess unless you are one of the top elite teams you must suck. Last year the Packer's were unlucky with 7 loses of 4 points or less, some fault is theirs but there are breaks and luck involved. In 07' they were luckier with alot of close wins (don't say it was all the QB either, that's crap), this year about right so far. If the Packer's suck, well the ONLY team the Viking's have beaten who is over .500 is the Packers so what does that say about Minnesota? An even worse schedule so far than the Pack and the Packers hung with them for the most part, a miracle considering how terrible the o-line was for those games.

I predicted 10-6 and still think that's how they end, making the Playoffs and who knows....I won't expect them to do much but stuff can happen, maybe they'll be playing Arizona in back to back weeks at AZ for all we know. I sure would love to see a 3rd installment of the Packers vs Vikings in the Playoffs . It's also almost like clockwork that one of the 1/2 seeds will lose it's first game in the Playoffs too. The Packers aren't great but are good enough to be a Playoff team especially with how the D is playing. I wouldn't mind them canning Thompson and whoever would be new could add a couple peices but relax and realize he will be here at least one more year unless we tank the next 4 games....and if anyone is rooting for them to do that just to get rid of him...you aren't a real fan IMO.

/rant
    word

Post whore
    Just a heads up. The Packers just won their 5th game in a row. Still looking for the haters. Anyone think TT still sucks? Yea, I didn't think so.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Was an interesting game to watch. I'm far from anything even close to a football expert. But I'd say they played a good 1st quarter, a terrible 2nd/3rd, and a decent 4th. Just my opinion. We shall see next week!!!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

How does this streak make TT worth a shit? I missed the great plays he made?

TT did what he had to do. He knew they needed to find out if Rodgers was their future QB AND his contract was about up. Had a choice of keeping the drama queen or getting Rodgers ready. He chose Rodgers. Why? The drama queen retires, finally and Rodgers bolts for a team that he will be starting for and what are we left with? Flynn...or whoever in the hell that is.

while they won again, they still played a game that would probably get them beat come December/January. We are still seeing A LOT of slop that has to get cleaned up immediately

I think the biggest problem lately has been the inability to put teams out of reach by finishing drives. I getting really sick of the short feild goals we have to take and the missed long ones. WTF has happened to Crosby?

Post whore
    Still looking for the past haters. Pack is in the playoffs. Looking for everyone who said TT sucks, and Mike sucks as a coach.

Oh yea, and the Vikes lost 2 of the last 3 games. If they lose tomarrow night to the Bears I will laugh my ass off at all you.