Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Packers Bucs

Quote Originally Posted by Nutwaver View Post
    I agree with your statement karps, however, now that farve is gone the problems are apparent even more so now. Yeah, Farve is one of the greatist to play the game and he was able to lessen the bullshit problems that the packers have because of his talent. How can anyone expect a 2nd year qb (I dont give a shit how long he was on the team prior, when you havent played more than what, a down?) to be as good as one of the best right out of a gate?
    Uhm 2 rookie quarterbacks last year made winning teams, Castle had an outstanding year with the patriots, Volek went in for Rivers in the 4th quarter for the chargers in the playoffs against the colts to win the game at the end...and those are just off the top of my head. So YOU need to get your head out of your ass with that "omg hes only played like two years" because it is a load of crap...hes been around the system long enough..this was bretts first year at Minnesota also by the way which was a team that only relied on running. Dont even get me started on brady's first year run to the Superbowl..the denial/excuses for Rodgers are sad.

Honestly you guys should make KARPS the GM, he sounds like someone that would actually build a team on what he sees instead of what he "hopes" and denial. :-P
    Last edited by gottwins?; 11-09-2009 at 07:35 PM.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    I agree with this for the most part. Farve took a lot of chances in his career, however what are his career completion/attempts vs interception stats?
    who gives a shit,he wins and wins big games,helps bring a team back in the 4th,stats do not get you a ring.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Quote Originally Posted by gottwins? View Post
    Uhm 2 rookie quarterbacks last year made winning teams, Castle had an outstanding year with the patriots, Volek went in for Rivers in the 4th quarter for the chargers in the playoffs against the colts to win the game at the end...and those are just off the top of my head. So YOU need to get your head out of your ass with that "omg hes only played like two years" because it is a load of crap...hes been around the system long enough..this was bretts first year at Minnesota also by the way which was a team that only relied on running.
    shit the packers made freeman look like a vet. lol

Quote Originally Posted by gottwins? View Post
    Uhm 2 rookie quarterbacks last year made winning teams, Castle had an outstanding year with the patriots, Volek went in for Rivers in the 4th quarter for the chargers in the playoffs against the colts to win the game at the end...and those are just off the top of my head. So YOU need to get your head out of your ass with that "omg hes only played like two years" because it is a load of crap...hes been around the system long enough..this was bretts first year at Minnesota also by the way which was a team that only relied on running. Dont even get me started on brady's first year run to the Superbowl..the denial/excuses for Rodgers are sad.

Honestly you guys should make KARPS the GM, he sounds like someone that would actually build a team on what he sees instead of what he "hopes" and denial. :-P
    Well here is the difference, Castle had a good overall team to play with, there were no glairing holes and in either the offence and the defence.....bad example. And one quarter dosnt make a qb. Experience does.
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    who gives a shit,he wins and wins big games,helps bring a team back in the 4th,stats do not get you a ring.
    I correted this, lets do a fair compairison now coop...farve in his first-third year as a starting qb vs rodgers in his first and 2nd year as a starting qb....I think rodgers will get better, and I hope like hell the team will get better....Just saying give the guy a chance
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

And these are years that the packers sucked!! Give Rodgers a chance
    I wouldn't say "sucked". At least they were 9-7 those years. Not great but better than 6-10. And that was after being 4-12 not 13-3.

I take birdshit personally.

Quote Originally Posted by TraceDaddy View Post
    I wouldn't say "sucked". At least they were 9-7 those years. Not great but better than 6-10. And that was after being 4-12 not 13-3.
    QFT
    If you want suck go back to the 70's and 80's. I remember when 8-8 was an awesome season.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Well here is the difference, Castle had a good overall team to play with, there were no glairing holes and in either the offence and the defence.....bad example. And one quarter dosnt make a qb. Experience does.
    That was just off the top of my head, what about the 2 rookies from last year? Didin't see you mention anything about them. The point is I just said what I can remember in the last few years. 2 years in the NFL is enough time considering the rookies come in and make huge impacts in their team straight out of college, problems or not. Watching favre from the bench and being in the system is already an advantage, period.

You don't seem to understand that people ARE giving Rodgers a chance and they do see the potential. But he is far from "great" at this point in his career.
    Last edited by gottwins?; 11-10-2009 at 12:28 AM.

There are times I don't know if there are more 16 year old girls, or 92 year old grandma's on this forum.
    Heh. Alot of drama queens on this board, that is for sure. Alot of people like to bitch too, much like listening to sports talk radio after a loss to <enter local team here>.

The Packers looked terrible Sunday, all around. I like Rodgers but he played like crap but he isn't the biggest of their worries. Sure, they "only" beat crappy teams other than the Bears but were still up 28-17 in the 4th quarter. This is the NFL where parity rules, although there are more terrible teams this year than I can remember at one time in a long time. Hey, they are still 4-4...not 1-7. Keep it in perspective....how they play the next couple games will determine their season. If they play like they did Sunday, 6-10 again. If they play to their ability, I'll say 9-7 and just miss the Playoffs.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

animal i remember a 8-8 rhodes year he got the axe instantly.now last year should have been enought to make heads roll,maybe this year will finally see it happen.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    I'm not being a drama queen. I've wanted Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy fired about 13 seconds after I found out they were hired. Neither one I felt was qualified for the job. Thompson was a Seattle reject. and McCarthy came from being the Offensive Coordinator from 2 shitty teams the Saints and 49ers.

I'm just excited that people are finally starting to wake up and realize they aren't the answer. I want the team to be a powerhouse again.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    A-Rod didn't learn to well,because he is getting the shit sacked outta him and not even trying to make a completion in most cases.Brett took those chances some didn't payoff,but most did and in the most critical parts of the games. Stats or not stats he will never perform as well as Favre did with close to the same team caliber. He is not as good as Favre and never will be except for stats maybe.But hey that and a coke wont get you a superbowl ring.
    In all fairness I don't think Rodgers ever needs to be as good as Brett Favre. If we're gonna go off of stats and wins, then not Elway, not Montanta, not Marino are better then Favre. If Rodgers ends up being as good as any of those guys even, that's pretty damn "great".

I'll admit at this point calling him great might be a stretch but the guy is pretty damn good. I don't think anyone can say that if he had a solid team around him he wouldn't be having a great season. I realize stats are just stats and they don't win games, but what the guy has been able to do with the limited resources he has is pretty impressive. Historically his kinda of stats relate to wins. He just needs that solid team to put him over the edge.

And I don't see that happening with McCarthy and TT at the wheel.

Only thing I'd say to that is Great QB's make the people around them better then they are and will their teams to win. I'll leave Favre out of this, but take for instance Marino. He had some really bad teams his late years in Miami, yet he still won games completely on his arm. Tom Brady won Super Bowls with people in skill positions that nobody ever heard of. Some players are just natural born winners. They somehow get it done regardless of what is around them. They inspire their fellow players. I've not seen that sense of confidence in Rodgers. And he can maybe grow into that. But team down by 1 score with under 2 minutes or less to play. Can you honestly say you think Rodgers is going down to win the game? It's those times that makes a QB great. It's not what they did the first 58 minutes.

Right now he's a good QB, with an opportunity to be great.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

I agree that I don't have much confidence that he can pull out a come from behind victory. But I do have a lot of faith in him as a QB. If he's not great now, I see him being great in the future.

And right now he's good enough that I want him to be our QB. I can't easily see him go to another team in a couple years and just go buck wild. And we'd all be salty. (haha haven't used that word in a long time)

Post whore
    Where are all the haters now?

isn't someone on here a Cowboys fan?
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

Jolly is having an amazing game.
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

Post whore
    Still looking for the haters.......

I'm still here. So what they barely beat another losing team. Their best win by far is the Dallas win, but even they didn't look like a juggernaut today barely beating a bad Washington team.

Sorry if I want this team to get better and win a Super Bowl again and realize the 2 dumbasses running the team currently will not ever put them in position to do it.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    I'm still here. So what they barely beat another losing team. Their best win by far is the Dallas win, but even they didn't look like a juggernaut today barely beating a bad Washington team.

Sorry if I want this team to get better and win a Super Bowl again and realize the 2 dumbasses running the team currently will not ever put them in position to do it.
    I would hate to see what you would say if we lived in Cleveland.