Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers Bucs

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    What makes you say that? Explain yourself.

What about this team makes you think they'll be better then 8-8 at best? Is it their inability to beat teams with winning records (and now one without any wins)? Is it their constant failure to correct key problems on the team on a weekly basis? Is it the repeated dumb penalties that never get fixed or addressed? Is it the coaches inability to construct a gameplan? How about the fact that the QB won't make it 2 more weeks getting hit as much as he does?

Open your eyes. The team is going in the wrong direction. Saying they are building for the future would be wonderful if they were drafting players that can play. But they are not. Their draft pics have been horrible. Give me a break. Take off your Green and Gold glasses and look at the actual talent on the team. Why do the special teams suck? Because they have no depth. Our QB is taking too many hits because not only does the line suck, but apparently our WR's cannot get open.

Fans who talk like that are the ones who get the crap results we've gotten. Ted's plan would be great if he knew what the hell he was doing on draft day.
    You counter dictated your self so much here I don't even know where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Steffek View Post
    counter dictated
    Reagan was a counter-dictator too.... I think.

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
    Reagan was a counter-dictator too.... I think.
    Blah, i cant spell.

And to add another point, The cowboys are in first place. Pretty sure everyone wanted their coach fired a few weeks ago down there, now he is awesome. To many girls watching football now a days.

Blah, i cant spell.

And to add another point, The cowboys are in first place. Pretty sure everyone wanted their coach fired a few weeks ago down there, now he is awesome. To many girls watching football now a days.
    That's because with the amount of talent they have they SHOULD be winning. The cowboys are like the yankees of football, spend an insane amount of money and if they don't win its expected that something has to change!

I agree with the packer fans here, there is no reason why you should be "ok" with things how they are now...you just lost to the worst team in football. After the cowboys come into town you might not be in second place anymore, either.

What makes you say that? Explain yourself.

What about this team makes you think they'll be better then 8-8 at best? Is it their inability to beat teams with winning records (and now one without any wins)? Is it their constant failure to correct key problems on the team on a weekly basis? Is it the repeated dumb penalties that never get fixed or addressed? Is it the coaches inability to construct a gameplan? How about the fact that the QB won't make it 2 more weeks getting hit as much as he does?

Open your eyes. The team is going in the wrong direction. Saying they are building for the future would be wonderful if they were drafting players that can play. But they are not. Their draft pics have been horrible. Give me a break. Take off your Green and Gold glasses and look at the actual talent on the team. Why do the special teams suck? Because they have no depth. Our QB is taking too many hits because not only does the line suck, but apparently our WR's cannot get open.

Fans who talk like that are the ones who get the crap results we've gotten. Ted's plan would be great if he knew what the hell he was doing on draft day.
    I am amazed on this forum how many people do not know football and can not see the big picture.

The Packers are a good team. They are in second place and people are crying. WTF? They lost to the Bucs, big freak'n deal. Shut your yappers about how they suck, because you were all swinging from the Packers nuts two weeks ago when they were 4-2.

Philly is a great team and they lost to the worst team in the NFL the other week. Did Philly fans say fire Reid? No, because they know there are 16 games to play in a season, not one.

There are times I don't know if there are more 16 year old girls, or 92 year old grandma's on this forum.

We have a good coach and GM. The GM has to look out for the future, not just this one season. Two years ago we won 13 games and went to the NFC title game, same coach, same GM.

Take a big breath everyone, we have 8 more games left to play. It will all be ok at the end of the year.
    I agree with both of these posts to some extent.

I do think the Packers have some enormous talent. Rodgers, Jennings, Driver, Woodson are all GREAT players IMO. Yes GREAT. However, 4 players can't win games.

We have NO O-line or defense. We CAN'T win that way. We just can't and it shows.

the penalties are inexcusable. And that comes down to having such a young team. Get some god damn veteran players in there. Stop dicking around.

The play calling has been pitiful too. How in the world do you run Grant like a machine one game and have him gain over 100 yards, and then the next week you abandon the run almost all together? WTF is that?

I really think we could have a good team on our hands, but we need some better players in some key positions. Thompson isn't going out and getting them so he needs to go. And McCarthy's play calling is costing us games big time.

We have arguably the best QB in the league right now. That doesn't mean shit if the right plays aren't being called and we can't protect him.

I'm a die hard Packer fan and it took me some time getting used to the thought of them losing if that meant we'd get to see TT and MM get canned. But I think that's the best thing that can happen when this season is up.

I hear Holmgren is looking for a job.

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by gottwins? View Post
    That's because with the amount of talent they have they SHOULD be winning. The cowboys are like the yankees of football, spend an insane amount of money and if they don't win its expected that something has to change!

I agree with the packer fans here, there is no reason why you should be "ok" with things how they are now...you just lost to the worst team in football. After the cowboys come into town you might not be in second place anymore, either.
    Ok, lets go the other way. The Giants just lost 4 game sin a row. Should everyone be fired over there?

The Titans won 13 games last year. Two weeks ago people were calling for Fichers head (stupid I know) Now they won two games in a row and everything seems to ok.

People, the season is 16 gmaes. Chill the F out.

And just so you all know, Tampa Bay is NOT the worst team in the NFL. That award goes to the Raiders.

Ok, lets go the other way. The Giants just lost 4 game sin a row. Should everyone be fired over there?

The Titans won 13 games last year. Two weeks ago people were calling for Fichers head (stupid I know) Now they won two games in a row and everything seems to ok.

People, the season is 16 gmaes. Chill the F out.

And just so you all know, Tampa Bay is NOT the worst team in the NFL. That award goes to the Raiders.
    The giants and the packers are 2 different stories, again. They just won a Superbowl 2 years ago and had a good season last year, can't say either for the packers.

Second, the raiders are a better team than Tampa Bay in almost every way but the QB (sad but the rookie looks better than Russel at this point)...and I HATE the raiders.
    Last edited by gottwins?; 11-09-2009 at 05:24 PM.

Can we please refrain from using the term "great" until he actual does something in this league?
    Well Obama won a nobel prize so I guess Rodgers can be great
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    I agree with both of these posts to some extent.

I do think the Packers have some enormous talent. Rodgers, Jennings, Driver, Woodson are all GREAT players IMO. Yes GREAT. However, 4 players can't win games.

We have NO O-line or defense. We CAN'T win that way. We just can't and it shows.

the penalties are inexcusable. And that comes down to having such a young team. Get some god damn veteran players in there. Stop dicking around.

The play calling has been pitiful too. How in the world do you run Grant like a machine one game and have him gain over 100 yards, and then the next week you abandon the run almost all together? WTF is that?

I really think we could have a good team on our hands, but we need some better players in some key positions. Thompson isn't going out and getting them so he needs to go. And McCarthy's play calling is costing us games big time.

We have arguably the best QB in the league right now. That doesn't mean shit if the right plays aren't being called and we can't protect him.

I'm a die hard Packer fan and it took me some time getting used to the thought of them losing if that meant we'd get to see TT and MM get canned. But I think that's the best thing that can happen when this season is up.

I hear Holmgren is looking for a job.
    Holy shit some sence in this thread, however you missed that the special teams sucked this weekend...How in the world can we let not one but 4 opposing players surround our field goal kicker? That is just bullshit. Week after week the offensive line leaves holes so wide that you could drive a mack truck through to sack Rodgers. Plus, everyone was complaining on how Rodgers holds the ball too long, now when he dosnt and gets one interception those same people change their tune. Yeah, Farve is a great qb, but at the same time, the decision to not take him back and make him a starter was the right one. How would you like it if you were slated for promotion when the guy in the job you wants retires, he retires, you are told you are getting the job, and then that guy decides that retirement is not for him right before your big debut in that position.....Would you gladly give up your new promotion for that? Hell no, and for that matter, what company would let that guy come back and take back their job right after that? None that I know of. You have to look at football as a business, what applies to a business applies to the team. think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by gottwins? View Post
    The giants and the packers are 2 different stories, again. They just won a Superbowl 2 years ago and had a good season last year, can't say either for the packers.

Second, the raiders are a better team than Tampa Bay in almost every way but the QB (sad but the rookie looks better than Russel at this point)...and I HATE the raiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
    You both need to get your heads out of your asses and remember that no matter how long Rodgers has had to learn the offence, he is still a 2nd year starting qb. Farve took no time to "train" him and give him the proper mentoring to take over that position. For that matter, how many downs did rodgers play in the time he had as the backup.....Not many except for the preseason from what I can remember.

Every dog has his day, and that is what happened for tampa bay....This is just one loss, the problems are there (ol, dl, coaching) and they need to fix them.
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    The problems have been there for the years, they have not fixed them.

Why some of you guys think that things will magically get better with them doing the same things over and over again is beyond me. If they had the ability to fix these problems don't you think they would have?

They've beaten 2 above .500 teams now in 24 games. 2 teams. Minnesota and Indy, both last year. Rodgers has what 1 4th quarter victory to his resume?

This isn't like the Giant's where they had a good team and have hit a rough patch. It's completely different circumstances. This team is a bottom level team, with bottom level talent in many positions.

Tell me what they are going to do next year for CB's with Al Harris and Woodson in their mid 30's? Harris has already lost a step. Woodson is still playing of his mind, but for a CB when you lose that step you're done.

Tell me what position Ted Thompson has fixed since he's taken over?

Tell me the impact his first round draft picks have made on this team?

Tell me why the team has been a top 5 team in penalties since McCarthy has been coach?

Tell me how it is that our WR's are so great but teams have essentially shut down Greg Jennings all season long. If he's being doubled, why isn't someone else open? How is it that when Rodger's scrambles, NOBODY ever get's open?

I can appreciate being a fan and loving your team. But give me a break. This is a very bad team with more holes then they can fill. Again proven by terrible special teams.

And you can't blame everything on the damn OL. Peyton Manning has played behind a bad line the last 2 years. his line is just as bad as ours is. He has 7 sacks, cause he reads the D and gets rid of the damn ball.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Rodgers does too, he just does like Brent taught him and throws it to the other team.

I agree with your statement karps, however, now that farve is gone the problems are apparent even more so now. Yeah, Farve is one of the greatist to play the game and he was able to lessen the bullshit problems that the packers have because of his talent. How can anyone expect a 2nd year qb (I dont give a shit how long he was on the team prior, when you havent played more than what, a down?) to be as good as one of the best right out of a gate?

Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    Rodgers does too, he just does like Brent taught him and throws it to the other team.
    So either have him hold the ball longer or throw an interception, what would you rather have?

How about #3. Throw the ball away and not lose 8 yards? Or if I had to pick an interception honestly. Or atleast let his WR try to make a play on the ball. We supposedly have great WR's. Let them make a play for you. He seems to me to wait until somebody is wide open before throwing the ball. People want to only remember the bad throws that Favre made. Well his WR's (the same ones Rodgers has now) used to make some great plays on the ball. They get paid to catch the ball. The hard catches and the easy ones.

Yesterday's picks were just awful throws. I honestly think Rodgers used a bit too much pain medication to play with those bad feet. At this point I think he's hurt alot more then he's willing to admit and that may hurt the team more this year. If you need steel plates in your shoes so your feet are unable to bend, perhaps you need a little more rest.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

The problems have been there for the years, they have not fixed them.

Why some of you guys think that things will magically get better with them doing the same things over and over again is beyond me. If they had the ability to fix these problems don't you think they would have?

They've beaten 2 above .500 teams now in 24 games. 2 teams. Minnesota and Indy, both last year. Rodgers has what 1 4th quarter victory to his resume?

This isn't like the Giant's where they had a good team and have hit a rough patch. It's completely different circumstances. This team is a bottom level team, with bottom level talent in many positions.

Tell me what they are going to do next year for CB's with Al Harris and Woodson in their mid 30's? Harris has already lost a step. Woodson is still playing of his mind, but for a CB when you lose that step you're done.

Tell me what position Ted Thompson has fixed since he's taken over?

Tell me the impact his first round draft picks have made on this team?

Tell me why the team has been a top 5 team in penalties since McCarthy has been coach?

Tell me how it is that our WR's are so great but teams have essentially shut down Greg Jennings all season long. If he's being doubled, why isn't someone else open? How is it that when Rodger's scrambles, NOBODY ever get's open?

I can appreciate being a fan and loving your team. But give me a break. This is a very bad team with more holes then they can fill. Again proven by terrible special teams.

And you can't blame everything on the damn OL. Peyton Manning has played behind a bad line the last 2 years. his line is just as bad as ours is. He has 7 sacks, cause he reads the D and gets rid of the damn ball.
    I agree with a lot of this too. The problem isn't so much the problems, it's that they havent' done anything to alleviate the problems. Now, Tauscher was a good player, but really? He was the best they could go out and get? What are they paying him $100 an hour? Quit being so fukcin cheap and go out and get us some talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutwaver View Post
    How can anyone expect a 2nd year qb (I dont give a shit how long he was on the team prior, when you havent played more than what, a down?) to be as good as one of the best right out of a gate?
    Best comment so far. It's COMPLETELY ludicrous to expect Rodgers to come out and be able to match the type of 4th quarter victories Favre had all those years. Hell Favre didn't even have those kinda wins until he was out there for years. Give the dude a break.

Favres first start was a 4th quarter comeback.

This discussion actually has very little to do with Rodgers overall. I just get bothered to hear the term "great" with a guy who's 10-14 with 8 of those victories coming over really really bad teams. As far as I'm concerned he hasn't done much more then Derek Anderson did 2 years ago in Cleveland when he set the world on fire for 1 season.

I've said it before, the getting rid of Favre thing was dumb, but it's not the worst thing Thompson has done. It may have even been the right thing for the team considering the direction they are headed. If I fault anything in that regard, it's that Thompson didn't trade Favre to the team with the best offer, he was more concerned about trading him to a team they didn't play. Think about how Minnesota would look without Percy Harvin this year if we had their #1 pick?

Thompson's biggest failures are not being able to draft. Lots of wasted picks that have had little to zero impact on the team, especially in the first round with top 15 picks who need to be impact players. Harrel has been a bust, Raji is a non factor, Hawk has been an okay player but not Top 5, Jordy Nelson? give me a break, nice player but he's a 3rd round pick and was not a position of need. You can't swing and miss like that when you plan on building entirely from the draft.

There's been no glimmers of hope. It's just a repeat every weekend. We'll get better, We'll get that fixed, I take the blame, Team wasn't prepared, etc.... There's some damn good coaches sitting out waiting for a good opportunity. Let's get a GM and a Coach and pretend this never happened.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

How about #3. Throw the ball away and not lose 8 yards? Or if I had to pick an interception honestly. Or atleast let his WR try to make a play on the ball. We supposedly have great WR's. Let them make a play for you. He seems to me to wait until somebody is wide open before throwing the ball. People want to only remember the bad throws that Favre made.
    Really, I dont see anyone doing that in any of these packers threads. In fact, I see that people keep forgetting that he still holds the interception record for both a single season as well as career. He didnt really come onto his own untill his third or fourth season with the packers, when they had some amazing players

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    A-Rod didn't learn to well,because he is getting the shit sacked outta him and not even trying to make a completion in most cases.Brett took those chances some didn't payoff,but most did and in the most critical parts of the games. Stats or not stats he will never perform as well as Favre did with close to the same team caliber. He is not as good as Favre and never will be except for stats maybe.But hey that and a coke wont get you a superbowl ring.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    A-Rod didn't learn to well,because he is getting the shit sacked outta him and not even trying to make a completion in most cases.Brett took those chances some didn't payoff,but most did and in the most critical parts of the games. Stats or not stats he will never perform as well as Favre did with close to the same team caliber. He is not as good as Favre and never will be except for stats maybe.But hey that and a coke wont get you a superbowl ring.
    I agree with this for the most part. look at farve in his first three full years of playing?

http://www.nfl.com/players/brettfavr...s?id=FAV540222

look at the first three years he played for the packers

G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds--Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate
    16 582 363 62.4 36.4 3,882 6.7 242.6--33 5.7--14 2.4---49--44-4---31--188--90.7

16 522 318 60.9 32.6 3,303 6.3 206.4--19 3.6--24-4.6---66T 37 5---30--199--72.2

15 471 302 64.1 31.4 3,227 6.9 215.1--18 3.8--13 2.8---76T 30-9---34--208--85.3

And these are years that the packers sucked!! Give Rodgers a chance
    Last edited by Waver; 11-09-2009 at 07:44 PM.