Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 70challenger452 View Post
    As a mopar pureist, I couldn't agree more. But there is the argument that the average joe doesn't remember the coronet name but who the hell hasn't heard of a charger. I hear "nice charger" about 8 times more than "nice challenger". I've also heard numerous people tell me they really liked the new redesigned mustang while referring to the new challenger.
    Ouch, lol.

But yeah, I guess they had to use a name everyone recognized, and I mean there were Chargers in the 80's that had already ruined the "coolness" of the nameplate. (the Shelby ones were little rockets though, like the grandfather of the SRT4)

Don't feel too bad. When I had a 71 Challenger I had a kid tell me nice "Camaro" one time lol. Then I told him sorry, it's not a Camaro but, a 71 Dodge Challenger. The look on his face was priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by 68coronet View Post
    Don't feel too bad. When I had a 71 Challenger I had a kid tell me nice "Camaro" one time lol. Then I told him sorry, it's not a Camaro but, a 71 Dodge Challenger. The look on his face was priceless.
    My dad said he had some girl tell him "nice camaro" back in the day when he had his 70 challenger.

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here's rendered speculation of the proposed Durango replacement...built on the same and upcoming platform for the grand cherokee;

THAT would be a sharp SUV.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

huh, I don't know if I like it or not yet. Looks like they litterally took the ram grill hood and front bumper and bolted it onto a generic looking body. But then again, I didn't like the new rams at first and now I'm in love. My buddy's 09 ram will be my next truck when he wants to sell it in a couple years.

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    Here's rendered speculation of the proposed Durango replacement...built on the same and upcoming platform for the grand cherokee;

THAT would be a sharp SUV.
    Doesn't look too bad.

My dad said he had some girl tell him "nice camaro" back in the day when he had his 70 challenger.
    I knew a guy who had his Duster called a "Nova" at a car show lol.

huh, I don't know if I like it or not yet. Looks like they litterally took the ram grill hood and front bumper and bolted it onto a generic looking body. But then again, I didn't like the new rams at first and now I'm in love. My buddy's 09 ram will be my next truck when he wants to sell it in a couple years.
    The new Rams are way above my 04 in the interior and exterior department. Not to mention I read a few guys running an 09 4x4 Quad Cab/Short Box that ran like a 14.8 or 14.9 with the 5.7L Hemi. That's pretty good for a pig truck like the Ram.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    huh, I don't know if I like it or not yet. Looks like they litterally took the ram grill hood and front bumper and bolted it onto a generic looking body.
    lol, close.

They literally took the Ram front end and photochopped it onto the upcoming grand cherokee. It's said to be a little longer than the GC, since IF it comes to market, it'll have 3rd row seating while the GC won't.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

all sounds good....we shall c
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"